Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The New World update #28: Power Armor

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Different system. So if you never take any risks, you can sneak naked. If you do take risks and get caught by guards, you'd want to have some kinda armor, the bigger, the better.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
I love the Tom Hardy portraits but please change that homo gay armor.
You can always play as female, then it will look along those lines:

p2.jpg

Source: https://www.destructoid.com/blogs/T...es-in-video-games-slightly-nsfw--202838.phtml (don't read it unless you want to get cancer)

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
They do wear it over clothes. Nobody runs around half-naked. This armor will look similar to other vests (tactical, ballistic, etc). It was a rough 5 min sketch for the guy working on armor models.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
I like this idea of power armor in this fashion being little more than a sophisticated field generator. A cool concept overall.

However, I just hope it doesn't go the way of Sawyerization (too much attempts at balance) by making one tradeoff equal to another in some way. Then it makes you either not bother trying something different or carrying a spare copy of each item around with you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom