Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The NON-Steam Bargain Sale Mega Thread of Savings

Beowulf

Arcane
There is absolutely nothing wrong with Uplay for their older games.
Is Silent Hunter V an older game?

If that is the case, then:

pippin

Yes, goyim. Crush the competition! Only Valve must reign supreme!

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
FWIW, if the game is on GoG, I naturally purchase it from them, barring sales etc. Bundles are most often Steam keys so there's also that. I do have a few freebies on Origin, because if my memory does not fail me, CD version of DA required an Origin account anyways.

To have another DRM/account system on top of those, no thank you.

pippin

It's mostly because of the narrative of their client being supposedly bad when Steam's is probably the worst of the bunch. I already have the game on gog too, it's not really about the game itself but against the clients.

Ideally no game should require clients, though. But every company has the right to have its own store. It's free trade after all.

sullynathan

Arcane
FWIW, if the game is on GoG, I naturally purchase it from them, barring sales etc. Bundles are most often Steam keys so there's also that. I do have a few freebies on Origin, because if my memory does not fail me, CD version of DA required an Origin account anyways.

You would rather purchase a game than just get it for free just because its on Uplay?:roll:

pippin

Yeah, it's not like you can pretend to support devs when it's about old games. The money still goes back to Ubisoft, Activision and EA.
I guess you should pirate if all this really bothers you.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

You would rather purchase a game than just get it for free just because its on Uplay?:roll:
Depends really on the normal price and the game. In case of Beyond Good & Evil, I won't bother to get it at all.

See, I have this backlog of games worth 8 years or so, given my pace and time available for playing. All legal, either on GoG or Steam, so I don't really care.

TBH, there are very few games in Ubisoft's catalogue that I would care about enough to register. Perhaps the Anno series. Although I do have Stick of Truth from a bundle, I don't know if it needs Uplay on top of Steam.

murloc_gypsy

Cipher
Guys, there are a couple of bundles over here that are totally worth it if you don't have the games:

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/fantasy-heroes-bundle
https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/rpg-heroes-bundle
https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/rpg-heroes-2-bundle

I've just bought two of these and have played through the CYOA game (Forest of Doom). The game was pretty fun, though short, as I managed to finish it in under 3 hours. Still at just 3 jewros, coupled with all the other rough gems, it's a good deal, I think.

Now playing through The First Templar game, which is also not bad.

Last edited:

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Is anyone else still seeing the deal for FNV? I just see a "not available" message.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Pay what you want for Chroma Squad (you get the DRM-Free version, you can pay more than the average, currently 2.80, if you want a extra Steam key).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom