Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The NON-Steam Bargain Sale Mega Thread of Savings

pippin

OFC its standart edition :roll:

The ME Trilogy pack also includes the standard version only. If you already own ME2 on Steam you can use the cdkey to redeem it on Origin, happens with lots of other EA games too.

Turjan

Arcane
And "Lair of the Shadowbroker", "Kasumi" or "Arrival" still go for their release prices :D.

You can actually download all of the ME2 DLC for free from EA's site: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/dragon-age/dragon-age-origins/bioware-classics-dlc (scroll down)
Usable with an Origin copy I've heard.
Interesting. I'll have to try this out. On Origin, they still sell "Lair of the Shadowbroker" for 800 Bioware points, which is €10, and the others aren't free, either.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Turjan

Arcane
I tried "Arrival" from that EA help site with the Origin copy, but it borked the installation (well, they tell you not to use the file with Origin, but it was worth a try). There's probably some trick involved. Anyway, I'll first try it with a Steam install and see whether it will behave there. That will take a while, given my cheap internet connection.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
And "Lair of the Shadowbroker", "Kasumi" or "Arrival" still go for their release prices :D.

You can actually download all of the ME2 DLC for free from EA's site: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/dragon-age/dragon-age-origins/bioware-classics-dlc (scroll down)
Usable with an Origin copy I've heard.

From what I remember, there was always a manual download alternative for DLC. That doesn't really mean it's going to work because it still had to pass the ownership check on your account. Is this the same thing?

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Those DLC packages have always been available for download to anyone. You can't actually play them without logging into your EA/Origin/Bioware account (nowadays all 3 are merged into one) and passing the ownership check.

pippin

Managed to download the DLCs I had missing for ME2 but not for DA2. All DA2 links seem to be broken or at least they give me a 403 error. Apparently you have to login using your Origin account to be able to download anything.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
There are DLC unlockers though, that decrypt those packages and let you play them without authorization. I've used them for DA:O, DA2 and ME2 DLC.

Funny thing, I was actually able to guess the package name for Leliana's DLC back in the day, install and decrypt it before it went live for everyone else. Felt amazing, lolololol.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Managed to download the DLCs I had missing for ME2 but not for DA2. All DA2 links seem to be broken or at least they give me a 403 error. Apparently you have to login using your Origin account to be able to download anything.
They're not broken. DA2's packages actually check for the ownership before letting you download them.

Here's a link with free authorization for DA:O and DA2 promo/day one DLC. You should be able to download stuff like Black Emporium after that.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
IIRC, the Black Emporium was a DLC that was included for free with a new purchased copy of the game, like ME2's "Cerberus Network". It's possible that since these are now legacy titles, they've made those free.

Turjan

Arcane
IIRC, the Black Emporium was a DLC that was included for free with a new purchased copy of the game, like ME2's "Cerberus Network". It's possible that since these are now legacy titles, they've made those free.
Yes, that happened already quite a while ago, I think sometime before the DA:I release, if I remember correctly. That included all those minor promotional items. None of the bigger DLC's though.

K_B

Learned
Humble Bundle have Dirt:Showdown as a free game right now, no purchases required.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Groupees has a 1C shovelware bundle with stuff that some people here seem to enjoy for 1,5$

https://groupees.com/1crpg

Death to Spies: Gold
Planet Alcatraz
Konung 2
Konung 3: Ties of the Dynasty
Dawn of Magic 2
A.I.M.2 Clan Wars

Arkast

Novice
Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms is on sale now for $4.99 (75% off) at The Humble Store (all time low). The Steam key you get, however, activates both games (Shadows AND it's predecessor Kult: Heretic Kingdoms) so I think this is a pretty good deal. (Plus Shadows is getting a revamp by its developer in the near future. AND I think Book 2 will be free too.)

deuxhero

Arcane
ARMA series on Humble Bundle. 15 bucks for Op Flashpoint (with everything but the shitty Codemasters campaign), ARMA 1+2 complete, ARMA 3 and ARMA 3 karts

edit: Oh an ARMA Tactics.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom