Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The NON-Steam Bargain Sale Mega Thread of Savings

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Deus Ex 3 is Steamworks, right? I'll probably just wait it out. Didn't take too long for New Vegas to drastically crash in price.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
GG is having its summer sale for the next 4 weeks, with a special deal each day, starting with Revenge of the Titans.

As usual, the number of games on promotion is huge, so there is a lot of crap there, but there are also some good ones in the bunch.

Gord

Arcane
Drakensang 2: River of Time is on sale on Impulse for about 5$ (it's displaying it in Euros here, so I'm not 100% sure), but it's US and Canada only.

Quilty

Magister
I wish I could find Silent Hunter 5 on the cheap somewhere. D2D seels it for 17 pounds right now, but it's not worth that much.

Gord

Arcane
Baldurs Gate 1 + ToSC and BG2 + ToB are on sale on Impulse, 5$ (3,53€) each.

Secretninja

Cipher
Kings Bounty platinum is like 2.19 on gamersgate. I am pissed, I just bought part of it on steam for more than the whole thing.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
That must have been a temporary/fluke price because it's now at $8ish.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Not sure if these are new, but they are still available.

Gamersgate:

Red Faction Guerrilla for $5
HoI3 also for $5
Freedom Force and FFvTR for $2 each
MotB for $4

Bruticis

Precursors is $9 at Gamersgate, think I might finally take the plunge on it.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
GG is doing an indie sale, including Bastion (pretty much the same price as the recent steam sale but buying it from the UK gives me a small advantage) and Dead Space 2 dropped to some ridiculously low price, something like 4 €.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Hmm wonder if they'll put one on Steam now that's they put it on digital download.

Bruticis

thesoup said:
http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-DBAMC/dungeons-and-dragons-anthology-the-master-collection

Wish I could get this in retail.
What would be the point? Don't get me wrong, I love boxes and I have the silver and gold AD&D bundles myself. But the era of manuals is dead, you're going to get some generic DVDs and a paper slip telling you to look on the DVDs for PDF copies of the manuals, too depressing for me.

thesoup

Arcane
Because I was hoping I would get some cool manuals and boxes I can put on my shelf. I guess I was wrong. :(
I guess I'll just wait until it appears on steam, which is likely to be never.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
thesoup said:
Because I was hoping I would get some cool manuals and boxes I can put on my shelf. I guess I was wrong. :(
I guess I'll just wait until it appears on steam, which is likely to be never.
Buy it on GOG, they work fine and have none of the annoying CD-swapping.

Or go to eBay and get the glorious original releases, with game manuals, maps, huge boxes and all that.

thesoup

Arcane
I'll see about it. I don't particularly trust eBay and I don't want to buy used so I guess the deal at Gamers Gate is the best option if I leave pirating out of the option. Derp.

Grim Monk

Arcane
Posted pretty late as it ends today...

GoG: 1C Publishing catalogue 60% off this weekend.
http://www.gog.com/en/news/1c_publishin ... is_weekend

Fantasy Wars
King's Bounty: The Legend
King's Bounty: The Legend
Space Rangers
Space Rangers
Space Rangers 2: Dominators
Space Rangers 2: Dominators
Star Wolves
Star Wolves
UFO: Afterlight
UFO: Afterlight
UFO: Aftermath
UFO: Aftermath
UFO: Aftershock
UFO: Aftershock

Anything worth getting?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom