Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Obsidian/MCA Kickstarter game YOU want to see

What are the features YOU want to see in the game? Pick only one per category unless marked w/ *

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
I don't think we've really seen enough steam punk nowadays. Steampunk is kind of a fun genre, if all together ridiculous.

kaizoku

Arcane
The only thing worth explaining about my votes is that I want a real-time game. I'm not thinking of a DS3-type, action-packed twitchfest, but something more along the lines of an adventure game with a clock running in the background where things unfold without player input, like The Last Express or KGB.

The whole game should basically be an adventure game with stats, good dialogue and strong characters, in my opinion. This would play to MCA's strengths as a designer and writer, instead of having him waste resources on a game with half-assed, vestigial mechanics that only detract from the experience, like in PST or AP. As far as I'm concerned, any other type of game would be a waste of his talent; he's not gonna be the one to make the next JA2 or UFO.

HOWEVER

...if he could somehow hypothetically get a hold of the ToEE engine and hire someone competent at encounter design, then I'll have some of that pls.

Jesus fuck! How hard is it to implement a FO TB action point system with a fully controllable party of 3 to 6 characters?
They don't need to invent any original combat system with the hope it will revolutionize RPGs.

Reject_666_6

Arcane
Bro, I'm willing to play whatever, I'm just saying that MCA's strengths lie elsewhere. It's the same reason I wouldn't particularly like John Romero designing a space-sim (not that I'd want Romero designing anything nowadays :M).

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
I don't want any fantasy/historical/post apocalyptic setting, other than that, anything is good enough for me.
Oh, and I still want Aliens RPG.

Krraloth

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2
Damn fantasy fuckers! Give me a futuristic sci-fi without the dystopian cyberpunk. I.e. a game that involves an actual possible future, that's you know /nice/.

How did people vote fantasy then later vote sci-fi too? :x

Why can't you have both?

I personally would go for a Turtledovian parallel story with low magic setting and technology

An Arcanum/Mark Twain/White Wolf/ set in the backdrop of the thirty-years war, with Swede's Dragons, Landsknecht, Inquisition, disgregating Ottoman Empire and RIVERS OF BLOOD!

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
I voted TB, Isometric, TPP and FPP. TBH I wouldn't mind a first-person TB RPG like Might and Magic, or a TB RPG similar to what the development team of the now dead Ground Zero mod for Doom 3 was trying to do. A modern RPG in a FPP with advanced physics and destructible environments, and using TB combat, would actually be pretty badass. Darkwind: War on Wheels has done something similar (but in TPP), but is still quite rough around the edges.

communard

Arcane
I would very much like to see a turn-based game based on the Pathfinder rule-set. Combat in NWN2 was a pretty good implementation of D&D3.5 apart from being RTWP so it would be a pretty safe bet. Settings wise I would like some weird fantasyish stuff with a personal as opposed to heroic storyline. Like Torment but not essentially. As for where the focus should lie, well MCA does story and writing really well and you should play to your strengths, a decent implementation of a decent system is all I ask when it comes to gameplay.

kentable

Scholar
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
I've got a hankerin' for some good cyberpunk TB iso. Or maybe hard sci-fi where you play a cog in the technocratic machine.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom