Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout The Original Fallout 3 - Investigating Fallout Van Buren

Lurker47

Savant
Part of me is glad Van Buren didn't get made because the main plot synopsis sounds extremely dumb and boring. It's just a convoluted way to "nuke people me no like"

Everything else seemed amazing though.

Also, yeah, that video kind of sucks.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Actually the RT/TB hybrid didn't look amazing to me but I'd gladly take it over the shit we got from the Bethesda..

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
To be brutally honest, I will take New Vegas (gamebryo and all) over the Diablo style combat any day... seems like we got the very best Fallout 3 in New Vegas; better story, better setting, better premise and honestly better development team with a more mature Obsidian with a stronger cast of writers

Lurker47

Savant
To be brutally honest, I will take New Vegas (gamebryo and all) over the Diablo style combat any day... seems like we got the very best Fallout 3 in New Vegas; better story, better setting, better premise and honestly better development team with a more mature Obsidian with a stronger cast of writers
All of the Legion stuff in Van Buren will be missed alongside a lot of its misc. lore. It was certainly a loss- just fuck that main plot.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
All of the Legion stuff in Van Buren will be missed alongside a lot of its misc. lore. It was certainly a loss- just fuck that main plot.
That was more of an issue with the deadline Bethesda gave Obsidian rather than any writers’ fault... one of my only issues with Obsidian is how Legion felt rather one sided and underdeveloped both as lore and as a faction for gameplay
Weird that with all these great mods nobody thought on fleshing them out more

Lurker47

Savant
That was more of an issue with the deadline Bethesda gave Obsidian rather than any writers’ fault... one of my only issues with Obsidian is how Legion felt rather one sided and underdeveloped both as lore and as a faction for gameplay
Weird that with all these great mods nobody thought on fleshing them out more
The Legion never felt underdeveloped or one-sided to me; you just never got to see or interact with any of its more interesting bits.
I've recently come to the realization that they had an opportunity to do so in Honest Hearts and totally squandered it. Besides, centering the Legion around several other dangerous cults would have been a far better context for their storyline to play out in then maybe (theoretically) you could lean into their war with the NCR.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom