Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds goes Epic Games Store-exclusive (also Windows Store)

JBro

Arbiter
Epic is supporting the developer so you don't have to.

Cross

Arcane
ITSHAPPENING.png

Steezus

Savant
Patron
Obshitian will always find a way to shoot themselves in the foot.

Real talk, Obsidian is likely gonna make more money with this deal than by selling the game on steam as per usual. This is probably Fearg's first good decision ever.

edit: which why this probably wasn't Fearg's decision, lol.

aeroaeko

Learned
competition = game on both platforms, whoever provides superior service wins

competition =/= company bribing developer to acquire exclusivity artificially removing competitors

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
Why would we despise steam? As far as I am concerned it is best digital distributor in the market. Right now Epic buying out exclusive deals with their zoomerbucks and way worse customer support and participation is definitely the worse of the two.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
I wonder what Leo and Tim (really) think about such move. I'm guessing they're not too happy about it but they will spout PR shit to not get fired. I wonder though if the price will be as high a year later as it will be during Epic premiere (my guess is yes).

they are faggot cucks and probably excited about how many dildos they can buy with their $2million

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
I have no idea, according to Gollop it's enough to sustain his studio operations for years, we can also ussume that higher profile game will receive proportionally higher guarantee.

It is like that when people have an option to buy on Steam. Do you actually believe EA lost 80% of their digital sales when they started Origin ?
They've got free games, timed exclusives retail releases of which will come with Epic keys. Overwhelming majority of core gamers will get Epic launcher installed, it's guaranteed at this point. This mean people will be buying exclusives there, just like they are buying EA games on Origin.
Valve could drop their cut to 15% and Epic exclusives would become a thing of the past overnight. Want to complain about exclusives, complain to Valve. I'd prefer to keep my digital library on Steam too.

Valve cutting their cut isn't going to stop greedy devs and publishers from preferring to take a shitload of money up front.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
or they'll stop lending us games!
they won't, though, that's bad business; and even if nasty developers and publishers reward their kindness by being greedy little shekel-grubbing ingrates, Steam, in their magnanimity, would have them back

you should appreciate big daddy Gabe more

raz3r

Novice
I seriously don't understand why Valve doesn't have any kind of legal agreement with companies that promise to release a game on Steam and then go away all of a sudden. I mean it's good that they don't have it but at this point if I were Gabe I'd start looking for a lawyer.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
This thing is decided by the publisher.

Take2 is happy to take exclusivity deal from Epic.

Obsidian/Microsoft can sell the game on their own as well, which they're going to do.

I'm going to buy it from the Microsoft Store, because Tim Sweeny can go suck dick and it's a Microsoft game anyway.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
I seriously don't understand why Valve doesn't have any kind of legal agreement with companies that promise to release a game on Steam and then go away all of a sudden. I mean it's good that they don't have it but at this point if I were Gabe I'd start looking for a lawyer.
Like exclusivity deals? :retarded:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I would have banned them from the platform. I am more surprised that EU hasn't taken any actions. When it come to chinese spying on it citizen,they do take it very seriously. Maybe they just don't know it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom