Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review The Outer Worlds Launch Trailer and Reviews

Codex Year of the Donut
what the fuck is this thing
snapshot.jpg

Viata

Arcane
This game is a reminder that if Obsidian had the choice of making New Vegas isometric like 1 and 2 or first person like 3, they would do first person. Being forced to make it first person means nothing at this point.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Good to see the game getting good reviews. Will buy the full edition on Steam after a year.

Also, LOL at the idiots here who are going through all the reviews to find the very few negative points and say "SEE, EVEN THE REVIEWERS SEE THAT THIS IS SHIT!" XDDDDDDDDDDD

Oh geez I just saw the bartender in the trailer. I thought that makeup was just a codex photoshop when I saw it before

hexer

This game is a reminder that if Obsidian had the choice of making New Vegas isometric like 1 and 2 or first person like 3, they would do first person.
people gotta eat something.

Maybe Cain-Boyarsky duo got a little rusty since the last time they worked together and they still gives us one or two classics before calling it quits and retiring.
I'm hopelessly optimistic

:negative:

Diggfinger

Arcane
Seems like the consensus is that it's "more of the same" for mainstream audiences to play while waiting for Elder Scrolls 6 / Fallout 5. And that Obsidian played extremely safe, which clashes with the political humor they are using to present the game. Also, combat sucks.

They were extremely lucky to get basically an entire year with no AAA RPGs to be compared to. Still, I'm betting Disco Elysium will grab all the "RPG of the Year" awards.

Who says combat sucks? All reviews I browsed laud the combat, both in VATS time-dilation and out.
Rather, people moan it's too easy (which is their own fault for not cranking up difficulty).

Anyway,
if you like Disco you shouldn't care about combat :incline:

Mortmal

Arcane
And there it is, the mainstream FPS-RPG gets all good reviews , meanwhile the PoE series is dead. Might as well just admit now that the party-based traditional CRPG is dead and look foward to a decade of shooters with stats. :dead:
Solasta and realms beyond are yet to be released and from what i've seen its great incline and very close to pen and paper.

ravenshrike

Novice
It's amazing how much of a moron the reviewer at Gamingtrend is. Not only does he manage to get the type of colonists on the Hope inverted, but he genuinely doesn't seem to understand that the majority of bad people don't view themselves as bad. That he would expect the 'good' ending to magically turn the Board into a goddamn utopian democracy says it all really.

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
Yep its the "its okay" scores. Its not worse scores because muh stronk female character talking over the background of complete generic cool rock music trailer.

Just fucking end this industry.

Jestai

Augur
Patron

Bearded woman is the new normal.

(in case the video is too shitty, facial pilosity is included for both genders when you random)

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Played for a couple of hours at a friend’s house and even with the usual Codexian angst and usual badassery of this thread I must say I really did enjoy it and honestly it breaks down like this; if you like New Vegas this is exactly your cup of tea with great dialogue, quirky setting and very acceptable combat...if you DONT like New Vegas and yearn of the isometric Fallouts and whatsnot then this game will most definitely not change your mind at all

I for myself really enjoyed it and it felt very much like comfort food for me and really felt at home with it since I love New Vegas

Very much looking forward to playing it on the go on Switch, since it’s based on Unreal it probably will scale nicely

Deleted Member 22431

Played for a couple of hours at a friend’s house and even with the usual Codexian angst and usual badassery of this thread I must say I really did enjoy it and honestly it breaks down like this; if you like New Vegas this is exactly your cup of tea with great dialogue, quirky setting and very acceptable combat...if you DONT like New Vegas and yearn of the isometric Fallouts and whatsnot then this game will most definitely not change your mind at all

I for myself really enjoyed it and it felt very much like comfort food for me and really felt at home with it since I love New Vegas

Very much looking forward to playing it on the go on Switch, since it’s based on Unreal it probably will scale nicely
fanboy.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom