Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Codex Year of the Donut
Is it still a pacifist run if you don't personally kill people but your companions do?

Yosharian

Arcane
Manson, not Bronson.

iu

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Continuing to increase optimism as "play your way" is becoming the #1 hyped game feature. With different outcomes and different approaches to reach those outcomes, I can hope that player choice and behavior are going to have substantial impact.

I'm already thinking about what kind of characters I want to play. What if I have a character who wants to work for the good guy scientist but is also stupid and only solves problems with violence? What about one who is terrified of violence but has a plan to play both sides against each other? Mix and match, a lot of different ways this game can be experienced.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Email from Mikey Dowling:

Microsoft recently announced that they plan to starting supporting standard Win32 desktop applications on the Microsoft Store, and not just UWP applications.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/05/30/microsoft-approach-to-pc-gaming/

So that raises the question, will the version of The Outer Worlds available on the Microsoft Store be a Win32 app? It would be easier for you guys to maintain the same version of the game on all stores, after all.

Hi there!

Thanks for reaching out to us and showing interest in The Outer Worlds! While we won't be UWP, we are not a Win32 app as we have to make use of the 64-bit OS. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Be incredible,

--
Mikey Dowling
Director of Communications

lol he doesn't know what Win32 means in this context. But great news.

Email from Mikey Dowling:

Microsoft recently announced that they plan to starting supporting standard Win32 desktop applications on the Microsoft Store, and not just UWP applications.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/05/30/microsoft-approach-to-pc-gaming/

So that raises the question, will the version of The Outer Worlds available on the Microsoft Store be a Win32 app? It would be easier for you guys to maintain the same version of the game on all stores, after all.

Hi there!

Thanks for reaching out to us and showing interest in The Outer Worlds! While we won't be UWP, we are not a Win32 app as we have to make use of the 64-bit OS. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Be incredible,

--
Mikey Dowling
Director of Communications

lol he doesn't know what Win32 means in this context. But great news.

Neither do you, apparently.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What this means, in practice, is that the version of the game you'll be able to get on the Microsoft Store by paying $10 for a Game Pass subscription is identical to the one that'll be released on the Epic Games Store, and on Steam a year afterwards. That means no problems with savegame compatibility, mods, etc.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
What this means, in practice, is that the version of the game you'll be able to get on the Microsoft Store by paying $10 for a GamePass subscription is identical to the one that'll be released on Steam a year afterwards. Savegame compatibility, mods, etc.
What about the version I'll get from other sources?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Game Pass for PC is actually just $5 a month now, not sure if it'll stay that cheap by October though: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass#join

The smart buyer's strategy: Get the game on Microsoft Store via Game Pass. Finish it within a single month. Buy it on sale on Steam a year afterwards for any expansions and Director's Cut editions that are released by then. Bypass Epic entirely.

The Real Fanboy
What this means, in practice, is that the version of the game you'll be able to get on the Microsoft Store by paying $10 for a GamePass subscription is identical to the one that'll be released on Steam a year afterwards. Savegame compatibility, mods, etc.
What about the version I'll get from other sources?

I don't think the PS4 or Xbox versions will be compatible (but you can get the Xbox version on game pass too!)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom