Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

HarveyBirdman

Arbiter
Oh i guess people here love to hate this so much that now Fallout 4 is actually good in comparison..
That's a pretty general extrapolation. Nobody said that.

Anyway, did you see the same video I did?
Failed kickstarter levels of AI.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
I admit it was a little harsh, but i do believe their art team and whoever came up with companions should be fired

Can't disagree with you about that , the artstyle seems a strange of mix of 1901+ with current times hairstyle everywhere.
BUT Parvati seems actually good, until now there nothing wrong with her. Even her hairstyle make sense with the setting and she was wrote by Chris l'etoile. Never disliked any character that he worked on it.

Terenty

Liturgist
BUT Parvati seems actually good, until now there nothing wrong with her. Even her hairstyle make sense with the setting and she was wrote by Chris l'etoile. Never disliked any character that he made.

Yeah, she seems the least offensive of the bunch

Terenity's shitpost says "nothing is good in TOW".

I admit it was a little harsh, but i do believe their art team and whoever came up with companions should be fired
In general i gotta say that the game fails to find its own visual identity. The bioshock/borderlands blend they've got going alongside the modernist character stylization is just bleh.

DeepOcean

Arcane
At least something was good in Fallout 4, Outer Worlds on the other hand

Oh i guess people here love to hate this so much that now Fallout 4 is actually good in comparison..

The only thing people said was that Fallout 4 combat looks and probably is better than Outer Worlds combat. That's it.

Fallout 4 is a piece of shit game but not because of combat.

Nobody said that Fallout 4 is good in comparison because these games are more than combat.

But if you want to screech like an autist then be my guest.
Yep, Fallout 4 is a glitchy popamole looter shooter disguised as an RPG, Outer Worlds seems to be an RPG at least even if the combat might be janky.

Father Foreskin

Learned
Patel sounds like some third world Nokia-clone from the 90's

Me: Bro what phone you got?

Bro: Patel.

Me: Sounds like some Indian piece shit. Who do you call with it? Fucking Buddha

Bro: Nah, Parvati

Duraframe300

Arcane
There was a new Outer Worlds trailer at Gamescom. A humoristic one though, not a gameplay or darker (like the second which imo was worse than the first) one.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There was a new Outer Worlds trailer at Gamescom. A humoristic one though, not a gameplay or darker (like the second which imo was worse than the first) one.

I assume it's under embargo. So what, the ten zillion previews they had in early August weren't enough, there are going to be some Gamescom ones too? :P

Duraframe300

Arcane

I assume it's under embargo. So what, the ten zillion previews they had in early August weren't enough, there are going to be some Gamescom ones too? :P

It would/is a weird embargo though, as it's apparently mostly a hype trailer with not much information.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yes, what I'm saying is it's under embargo because they mean to release it alongside all the previews which are also under embargo.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Yes, what I'm saying is it's under embargo because they mean to release it alongside all the previews which are also under embargo.

Maybe, citiation is this video here btw.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV7skAU-dBI

He just says that he can't say much about Outer Worlds because they just showed the trailer (he did mention parts of the trailer though like in one scene a voice says how great life in the colonies is while two dudes duke it out in the background) and he didn't gain much info from it.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
At 2:20, she mentions an NPC that they had to make critical, so you can't kill her. She hopes to bring the voice actress back in post-launch to fix that.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
I dropped watching this thread a while ago...

But it seems Crispy and Infinitron gave up LARPing Sailor Wodica?

Zep--

Cat Dude

Savant
Terenity's shitpost says "nothing is good in TOW".

In general i gotta say that the game fails to find its own visual identity. The bioshock/borderlands blend they've got going alongside the modernist character stylization is just bleh.

Nothing original about visual art styles of Borderland and Bioshock either.

The Real Fanboy

There's a matchmaker quest in the game!!!!

tumblr_pnxictWFJv1rv2ynto3_r1_250.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom