Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I dug around in The Outer Worlds' trademark proceedings. Turns out the trademark office gave Obsidian some trouble because of a similar trademark called "Outer Worlds", which is registered to some other company in Orange County.

Fortuntely, they reached an agreement: http://tsdr.uspto.gov/documentviewer?caseId=sn87769095&docId=EXA20180803172835#docIndex=7&page=1

JpWr7rv.png

And all seems well: http://tsdr.uspto.gov/documentviewer?caseId=sn87769095&docId=DRW20180127082214#docIndex=4&page=1

Sent: Friday, August 03, 2018 2:50 PM
To: Hayes, Ashley <Ashley.Hayes@USPTO.GOV>
Subject: Re: 87769095 (THE OUTER WORLDS)

Ms. Hayes,

Thank you for your email. Please do proceed with that amendment.

Kind regards,

/jonathan pearce/

Jonathan Pearce

SoCal IP Law Group LLP

(805) 267-2266

www.socalip.com

On Aug 3, 2018, at 10:38 AM, Hayes, Ashley <Ashley.Hayes@USPTO.GOV> wrote:

Jonathan,

The response reached my docket this week (I have not had a chance to review the other two yet). I have reviewed the consent agreement and it looks good to me so I am comfortable withdrawing the 2d refusal. The ID has a couple typos though so I would like to amend as follows simply to correct them (changes are in strikethrough):

Class 9: Computer game software; Computer game software downloadable from a global computer network; Computer game software for personal computers and home video game consoles; Computer software for design, development, scripting, and modification of computer game software; Computer game and video game programs and software; Downloadable computer game and video game programs and software; Downloadable digital materials, namely, ring tones, wallpapers, screensavers, digital music files, and graphics, videos recordings, films, multimedia files containing audio, video, and games, live action programs, motion pictures and animation, all in the field of video games and computer games, all and delivered via global computer networks and wireless networks; Prerecorded digital media, namely, video discs, DVDs, and digital discs, featuring computer games and video games, ring tones, wallpapers, screensavers, digital music files, and graphics, videos, films, multimedia files, live action programs, motion pictures, and animation, all in the field of video games and computer games

With your authorization, I will make these changes via an Examiner’s Amendment and that will place the application in order for review.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Ashley D. Hayes

Examining Attorney, Law Office 108

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wow, even the addresses are uncannily similar.

Yep, and the two companies are about a 10-15 minute drive away from each other.

Obsidian's address is named after an adjacent shopping mall, the Irvine Spectrum Center. I don't know if Spectrum Pointe has anything to do with that or if it's just a further coincidence.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
This is the 'Otherworlds' creator they denied it because of. Feargus is going to send thugs to his house.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
That's because we pronounce it like "should've"

This is the 'Otherworlds' creator they denied it because of. Feargus is going to send thugs to his house.
They ought to send Sawyer over there to mediate, they have common ground after all.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
I can't wait to be disappointed by Tim Cain and Boyarsky so that the sliver of hope that still resides somewhere in the corners of my soul would be finally snuffed out by the once again and this time final realization that great games are made via a felicitous confluence of myriad factors which would give birth to a perfect storm of creativity and innovation and nowadays having just the man in charge of past exquisite games is not enough to replicate the spell of past great titles.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I can't wait to be disappointed by Tim Cain and Boyarsky so that the sliver of hope that still resides somewhere in the corners of my soul would be finally snuffed out by the once again and this time final realization that great games are made via a felicitous confluence of myriad factors which would give birth to a perfect storm of creativity and innovation and nowadays having just the man in charge of past exquisite games is not enough to replicate the spell of past great titles.
Well shit, decline has already murdered your sense of punctuation, at least keep hope alive.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom