Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Wunderbar

Arcane
Can't wait for this game to come out,it will be glorious codex drama!
17QDsSz.png

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Goddamn, Chris Avellone . You come through with the best information. Thanks for coming to the codex and sharing all this stuff time and time again. Really appreciate getting a truthful perspective of the business and all your insights into game development itself.

And thanks for working on one of the best CRPGs created in many years. Pathfinder: Kingmaker is excellent despite its technical issues. Owlcat and yourself should be very proud of yourselves.

Seconded. Even with the bugs, Kingmaker easily belongs on any CRPG top ten list. People here are saying it’s comparable to Baldur’s Gate 1/2, but I think it’s better. I hope Owlcat’s merry band of p&p nerds makes a fortune so they can create many more masterpieces.

Also, as someone who’s bitched about how you’re taking on projects with less writing and more consulting, I’ve never been so glad to be completely and utterly wrong.

2house2fly

Magister
I feel bad for Chris that he's been involved in another shameful buggy launch like New Vegas. They really should have downscoped the game and stopped production and started testing earlier

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
I feel bad for Chris that he's been involved in another shameful buggy launch like New Vegas. They really should have downscoped the game and stopped production and started testing earlier
That's the dumbest fucking thing I've read all day. Good job.

Quillon

Arcane
They really should have downscoped the game and stopped production and started testing earlier

Maybe that's what made it good - later. People are drooling over buggy as fuck P:K, would it have been a better game if it was downscoped and properly tested to be released at the same time that it did? You'd get maybe 3 polished chapters and more creative shit cut beforehand thinking they'd cause more bugs.

Maybe Fear of Bugs what made Obs lost their touch :P

2house2fly

Magister
I dunno, it's just what Chris Avellone himself has said should have been done with New Vegas. My heart goes out to him, that this keeps happening to games he's involved with.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
It's not really a good analogy I think. F:NV could reasonably rely on 100,000 modders stepping up and turning an overambitious, broken game into a polished, beloved classic. Owlcat guys don't have that luxury.

The Real Fanboy
I wonder if this game is going to be announced at the Xbox conference in 10 days?

I hope it's going to be as good as Horizon zero dawn (That's the game that got me interested in rpgs in the 1st place and led me to discovering obsidian games)!

The Real Fanboy
Did you know: John Gonzalez, the lead writer on Horizon Zero Dawn, was also the lead writer on Obsidian's Fallout New Vegas

Hi 2house! Yes I did know!!! John gonzalez is awesome and Aloy is seriously one of the best written characters in gaming and an awesome YA protagonist! I haven't played New Vegas yet but I've watched tons of twitch streams, but I'm hoping to change that soon and my Courier is going to be a tribal cannibal Aloy that is going to be decked out in Honest Hearts gear and crush ghoul's heads with Salty Wounds power fist

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Hi 2house! Yes I did know!!! John gonzalez is awesome and Aloy is seriously one of the best written characters in gaming and an awesome YA protagonist! I haven't played New Vegas yet but I've watched tons of twitch streams, but I'm hoping to change that soon and my Courier is going to be a tribal cannibal Aloy that is going to be decked out in Honest Hearts gear and crush ghoul's heads with Salty Wounds power fist
Are you a teenager? :/

This game will most likely be the last time I give money to Obsidian. Even then I'd rather deal with a dodgy key reseller who gives me some blyat malware than give money to Obsidian in it's current state. Anyways lads. Speaking as a long suffering trans-financial man. I need another donation iin order to buy this game. I just feel so trapped in this body of a poor person. Please help my transition into becoming rich. Do it for social justice. And make sure to sign your name as Cleve so he can get the satisfaction of helping me.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Daily reminder that the Microsoft deal was not signed yet.
Maybe it was, but there is some kinda Xbox event that will start in 5 days. I'm sure they won't tell us anything until that.

First look at surprises in 4 days...

If Cainyarski project is to be shown to the world this year this gotta be second best chance after Game Awards. Ok, third best if Avellone's desire to see Feargus' dreams burn to ashes overwhelms him and he posts all details (including financial) about project sent by his ex colleagues at Obsidian. At this point, we shouldn't rule that one out. In fact, it's the most likely one out of these three
:M:M:M
x7ICcc9.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom