Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
From Take-Two Interactive quarterly earnings call: https://www.fool.com/earnings/call-...nteractive-software-inc-ttwo-q4-2019-ear.aspx

Later this calendar year, Private Division will launch two new IPs for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. The Outer Worlds and Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey. Developed by Obsidian Entertainment, The Outer Worlds marks the reunion of Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky, the original creators of Fallout, for an introducing an entirely new single player sci-fi RPG experience. The Outer Worlds will be showcased behind closed doors at E3 for select media and influencers, and more details about the game will be revealed over time.

Random observation:

Turning to our outlook for the full fiscal year. We project net bookings to range from $2.5 billion to $2.6 billion. We expect Red Dead Online, NBA 2K and WWE 2K to grow, offset by lower results from Red Dead Redemption 2 and Grand Theft Auto Online and Grand Theft Auto V. The largest contributor to net bookings are expected to be NBA 2K, Red Dead Redemption 2 and Red Dead Online, Borderlands 3, Grand Theft Auto Online and Grand Theft Auto V, The Outer Worlds and WWE 2K.

And the second question was whether or not The Outer Worlds had higher booking expectations than WWE since it was mentioned first in prepared remarks?

Yeah. In my prepared remarks, the titles are listed in order of contribution. So yes.

On Epic exclusivity:

Okay. Thanks. Good afternoon, guys. Maybe you could start by talking about the Company's decision to do a timed (ph) exclusive on Epic's Games saw with Borderlands 3 and in addition to the Private Division games.

And in terms of supporting the Epic Games, Drew, look, we think, as I said earlier, more distribution is a good thing. And while it's rare that we'll do exclusives for any period of time, we'll continue to support steam with our title, with catalog and these titles will be going to steam, relatively quickly after their initial availability exclusively on the Epic Games store.

Last edited:

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
If they're expecting the game to do well, then maybe it isn't actually looking like the disaster that the PAX East demo made it out to be.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If they're expecting the game to do well, then maybe it isn't actually looking like the disaster that the PAX East demo made it out to be.

Well, it's still the second-lowest ranking game in their list. But notice that Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey isn't on the list at all. >_>

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
They expect it to make less money than something released in 2013. :M

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
They expect it to make less money than something released in 2013. :M
That's because of the Online component which isn't sold separately from GTA5, though. But on the other hand, GTA5 is behind Borderlands 3, so that really makes you think.

Terenty

Liturgist

They think people are still as hyped as they were after their first reveal, but after Epic exclusivity and Pax demo they are not

The Real Fanboy
From Take-Two Interactive quarterly earnings call: https://www.fool.com/earnings/call-...nteractive-software-inc-ttwo-q4-2019-ear.aspx

The Outer Worlds will be showcased behind closed doors at E3 for select media and influencers, and more details about the game will be revealed over time.

ok wait does this mean it won't have a trailer on the main Xbox stage? But the PC gaming show instead ???

That would totally suck who even watches the not cute PC gaming show
FKeK2up.png
FKeK2up.png
FKeK2up.png

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
And in terms of supporting the Epic Games, Drew, look, we think, as I said earlier, more distribution is a good thing. And while it's rare that we'll do exclusives for any period of time, we'll continue to support steam with our title, with catalog and these titles will be going to steam, relatively quickly after their initial availability exclusively on the Epic Games store.

complete and utter bullshit, 'more distribution is a good thing' which is why they are removing one of the largest avenues of distribution for a year AND THAT'S A GOOD THING!

Codex Year of the Donut

Later this calendar year, Private Division will launch two new IPs for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. The Outer Worlds and Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey. Developed by Obsidian Entertainment, The Outer Worlds marks the reunion of Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky, the original creators of Fallout, for an introducing an entirely new single player sci-fi RPG experience. The Outer Worlds will be showcased behind closed doors at E3 for select media and influencers, and more details about the game will be revealed over time.

Random observation:

Turning to our outlook for the full fiscal year. We project net bookings to range from $2.5 billion to $2.6 billion. We expect Red Dead Online, NBA 2K and WWE 2K to grow, offset by lower results from Red Dead Redemption 2 and Grand Theft Auto Online and Grand Theft Auto V. The largest contributor to net bookings are expected to be NBA 2K, Red Dead Redemption 2 and Red Dead Online, Borderlands 3, Grand Theft Auto Online and Grand Theft Auto V, The Outer Worlds and WWE 2K.

And the second question was whether or not The Outer Worlds had higher booking expectations than WWE since it was mentioned first in prepared remarks?

Yeah. In my prepared remarks, the titles are listed in order of contribution. So yes.

On Epic exclusivity:

Okay. Thanks. Good afternoon, guys. Maybe you could start by talking about the Company's decision to do a timed (ph) exclusive on Epic's Games saw with Borderlands 3 and in addition to the Private Division games.

Nobody is going to wait to buy it on other platforms, we're they're going to pirate it

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
complete and utter bullshit, 'more distribution is a good thing' which is why they are removing one of the largest avenues of distribution for a year AND THAT'S A GOOD THING!

He just keeps phrasing it very poorly. What he means is "more successful distributors is a good thing." Not saying you should agree with that either, but that's what he really means.

Self-Ejected

c2007

Self-Ejected

He just keeps phrasing it very poorly. What he means is "more successful distributors is a good thing." Not saying you should agree with that either, but that's what he really means.
I rate this post, TwatWaffle.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Strange phenomenon: Video games where the developer announces that they're going to reveal new gameplay footage shortly before E3, on the date of E3, but for some reason it has to be a big secret that the game is going to be at E3.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom