Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition - Obsidian's first-person sci-fi RPG set in a corporate space colony

Wesp5

Arcane
Probably but that was not called for, who even invited them? How were they aware of the mission? Why are there disguise system in the levels if there is gonna be all out fight?

I agree. This was stupid and forced me to defend them to at least save the NPCs with names :)!

This is the Outer Worlds developer and you =>

hqdefault.jpg

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Probably but that was not called for, who even invited them? How were they aware of the mission? Why are there disguise system in the levels if there is gonna be all out fight?

I agree. This was stupid and forced me to defend them to at least save the NPCs with names :)!
Ahhh it is not like at that point the enemy posed any thread...or at any other point. Most likely they cut some cutscene or dialogue tree.

LudensCogitet

Learned
Yeah that was retarded, I was gonna sneak/disguise my way through and boom enter the scene allies I never asked for.
I did sneak / disguise my way through Tartarus. A bunch of faction NPCs just started a gun fight around me like they could see me and I was Braveheart leading them into battle.

I do not think this is a bug, I think it's designed this way.

Quillon

Arcane
I still think its a bug. Passed a 100 skill check for the prison guard not to attack me, greeted by a disguise checkpoint right next to ship, walked in disguise a few meters and mardets jumped out of the elevator.

If its designed this way it is shit design.

LudensCogitet

Learned
If its designed this way it is shit design
Yep. Perhaps it would be better to say it is a failure of design, rather than being by design.

In any case, several people have said the same thing happened. I haven't heard any accounts of it working differently.

nyjsu

Educated
Patron
I helped put crap in Monomyth
Just finished it, maybe the worst disappointment of the year for me. Not that it was utter shit, but all the promising aspects were buried under "streamlined" and uninteresting main plot, meaningless dialog and ridiculously casual difficulty. Glad I played it with the game pass, would've regretted paying full price for this one.

nyjsu

Educated
Patron
I helped put crap in Monomyth
i absolutely loved this game, it's either my GOTY or 2nd place behind the resident evil 2 remake.
What exactly did you enjoy so much about it? Genuinely curious as most parts of the game seemed really lackluster to me, even though I have to admit that the atmosphere and the companions evoked my Firefly nostalgia.

Quillon

Arcane
wrong gaym

should be this I guess:

watching it, great review so far(18 mins into)

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
yet all hear is what's wrong with the game for the last 25 mins
More power to you fag,won't wast an hour and a half listening to some youtube retard that doesn't even know the studio's genre,talk about a game that i already know that it is utter garbage! You do you,i guess.

Quillon

Arcane
won't wast an hour and a half listening to some youtube retard that doesn't even know the studio's genre,talk about a game that i already know that it is utter garbage

what does "knowing the genre" mean? he's comparing the game's narrative structure to fallout 1, isn't that proof enough?

anyway after 25 mins he started on explaining the narrative; he made good points before that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom