Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition - Obsidian's first-person sci-fi RPG set in a corporate space colony

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I mean maybe it's me coming off Disco, but this is just so bland and minimalistic. "Hi, here have a quest, ok bye" is basically every interaction in the first city. The graphics make my eyes bleed trying to pick out the enemies between the flower disco colors, and the character creation is uninspiring. New Vegas was way better than this shit, right? I mean, it's a playable game and I'll tinker with it a bit more, but I feel like a stupid FPS like Wolfenstein had more story than this supposed RPG.

Fallout 4 was better than this.

Danikas

Arcane
I mean maybe it's me coming off Disco, but this is just so bland and minimalistic. "Hi, here have a quest, ok bye" is basically every interaction in the first city. The graphics make my eyes bleed trying to pick out the enemies between the flower disco colors, and the character creation is uninspiring. New Vegas was way better than this shit, right? I mean, it's a playable game and I'll tinker with it a bit more, but I feel like a stupid FPS like Wolfenstein had more story than this supposed RPG.

:slamdunk:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

I just went through 10 secs long five stages of denial.

Is so true, sob.

Jezal_k23

Aren't you guys happy that Obsidian moved to minimalism from pretentious walls of text? I thought everyone would be happy after endlessly crying about PoE and Deadfire.

Mikeal

Arcane
It's Tumblr Speak and doesn't really mean anything beyond "I'M SPECIAL":

Someone extracted a word list of words supposedly "banned"/filtered by the game: https://pastebin.com/jTDiYsAy

I'm not putting this shit on my HDD, can anyone check if this is accurate and words like
"Beaner", "Bimbo", "Cunt", "Darkie", "Dyke", "Faggot", "Feminazi", "Gays", "Gringo", "Hitler", "Homo", "Kaffir", "Lesbo", "Mongol", "Muslim", "Nazi", "Prostitute", "Queer", "Rape", "Retard", "Tranny", "Transexual", "Transgender"
etc. are also "unavailable"?

And if true, what does Obsidian have against the "Gays", "Muslim", "Queer" and "Transgender" anyway?

LMAO this is great. I love Potatoe influence in this one.

anal
arabus
asfalt
asfalty
bambus
brudas
bzykanko
chinol
chujek
chwdp
ciapaty
cichodajka
ciota
cioty
cipa
cipeczka
cipka
ciul
ciup
cwel
cycata
czarnuch
czarnuchy
dupcia
dupodajka
dziwka
dzyndzel
ejakulat
fajfus
fallus
franca
homoseksualista
italianiec
japoniec
jebaka
katol
kitajec
komuch
kozojebca
kuciapa
kurewka
kurwiszcze
kurwiszon
kutafon
kutas
kutasiarz
lesba
lesbijka
lewak
lodziara
makaroniarz
masturbacja
meksykaniec
menel
mineta
mongoloid
mosiek
murzyn
murzynek
naplet
napletek
naziol
nazista
niewydymka
nimfomanka
obszczany
odbyt
onanizm
pedale
pederasta
pedofil
pedzio
pepik
piczka
pierdolnik
pierdziel
pinda
pipa
plemnik
pochwa
pojeb
prostytutka
przechuj
rusek
siurek
sodomita
sraczka
srom
stulejarz
szczyna
szkop
szparka
szwab
transseksualista
transseksualna
transseksualny
transwestyta
wagina
wpierdol
zdzira

Nice job but like everything by Obsidian it's botched. Where are labadziara, lachociąg, kiła, zjeb, pojebaniec, pojebana, złamas, spermiarz, spermochlip, fagas, kłabździocha, gruzożerca, gruzojad, mokebe, pajeet, szlaufa, kurwiarz, gówno, grubas, down, gach, pizda, piździelec, żul and many more? I'm disappointed Obsidian, I won't watch any stream of TOW because I don't want to hear or see so mean words.

Inehresa

Educated
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I got some Oblivion vibes from this..

He looks like this guy:
kaur-kender-78954964.jpg
hmmmmm....

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron

Is so true, sob.
In 2019 Todd Howard makes better games than Tim Cain.
Think about it.

Nines_Anarch

Learned
As brazilian i can't name my character Bicha, Bixinha , Bichinha ,veadao , veadinho , veadinhos and the other 30 way to call someone a fag here in brazil. Feels bad.

You (and everyone) should go play ELEX instead of wasting your valuable time in TOW

+ Bicha is not banned. Check

L0FfnEZ.png

+ Prostitutes. Check

IUfOdE1.jpg

+ Males are the rulers while Females are inferior and their only purpose is to serve male. Check

ykmHQUZ.png

+ And... Main Character is heterosexual male. Check

CODEX seal of approval.

That's how it must be done. Obsidian should learn some lessons from Piranha Bytes.

Last edited:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Is so true, sob.
Think about it.
Just because Toro says so, this isn't true. Fallout 4 is a travesty a and couldn't hold a candle to this game.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Is so true, sob.
Think about it.
Just because Toro says so, this isn't true. Fallout 4 is a travesty a and couldn't hold a candle to this game.

You are in denial. Contact IHaveHugeNick to tell you the correct phase :)

It was an amusing thought to entertain for a while, but yeah saying Fallout 4 was better seems to be taking it a bit too far. Right guys...? Guys?!

How do you handle bad news? :)

Hello rpgcodex I am also hardcore RPG user I hate new game very much it is very bad please approve of me

Hello rpgcodex I am also hardcore RPG user I love greedfall very much it is very good please approve of me. Meh.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
This whole page is retarded.

DAI is better than ME: Andromeda!

TOW is better than Fallout 4!

Get it people, they are all detestable shit of the worst kind and belong in the same basket.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Fallout 4 is the same dogshit as TOW minus the estrogen and the radioactive visuals.

Also better level scaling.

Edit: Also as retarded as it might have been, F4 has a huge chunk of open world to explore. In ToW everything is compartmentalized and so cramped that it feels like Fallout 3 again.

Also the combat mechanics were better in F4. I don't know how this shit is possible but I do know that combat didn't feel as bad as in ToW.

Both games have shitty animations and bad UIs.

The story was supposed to elevate ToW but they botched the execution.

And even the companions were better in F4: Nick Valentine, John Hancock and Piper. I'm not sure anyone will remember Parvati, Ellie or Nyoka in a couple of months. ToW companions quests are utter garbage.

And you could romance things in F4. Not that I care for it but ToW handling of this is just woke retarded.

I guess it's not good to analyze the game.

:negative:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom