Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Shadenuat

Arcane
Cohh is shilling the shit out of this game ... except the entire experience is boring as fuck.
he is a legendary loot whore, so this sort of games are heaven for him, plus he is generally positive and hey he got it for free

I am looking at some dialogue and I find some of it amusing, but at the same time game never takes it anywhere; and also characters are so ugly and bland and similar waffle face looking they just can't make this dialogue stand out.
like, I wanted to say Morrowind-effect but then in Morrowind while faces were uglish, they at least were very different due to different races, so NPCs still were somewhat memorable, those that mattered anyway.

take that chick with short yellow hair ( lolz ) who if you call her bureaucrat she takes it as a compliment; her reaction is amusing, but she is one of unknown amount of similar faced ugly monsters produced by face generator and wears some standard armor and sits in standard animation, so the irony of the dialogue is lost and line delivery just falls flat.
a drawn 2d portrait would have done a better job.

Last edited:
For everyone in here with a burning hatred for feminists and short hair You can literally kill any character in the game, so this game should be the greatest of all time to you, if you weren't on pol all day you would know that
I concur with this message. This is what i've been saying all along with "i'm gonna RP as a psycho who kills anyone who has that haircut". The OTW is really a game about smashing the state and re-establishing the patriarchy, but Obsidian is so advanced, their transcendental veiling of their agenda goes right past us mere mortals. The reason why all women in TOW are fuck-ugly is because they don't want to reward our incelitude any longer. Our lameness is causing women to adopt our place in society. Since we are too weakballed to do anything, women are manning up in our place, adopting our appearance first, and later our entire being. As their labias grow due to all the testosterone in chicken, soon the womankind's sexual organ will evolve to be able to self-impregnate, and so the realman race will be doomed to oblivion. Obsidian wants us to know this, and to act before it's too late. We must eradicate this race of uberwoman! First they'll train our aim by encouraging us to kill these monsters in a simulated environment; later they'll arm us with real weapons they've cached all around us in secret.

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Cohh is shilling the shit out of this game ... except the entire experience is boring as fuck.

I checked out his stream real quick and he literally lock picked a door right next to a store owner and proceeded to spend like 10 minutes autistically stealing a bunch of useless shit like toilet paper and shovels then he got mad and ranted at chat and told them not to spam an emote when some girl talked about being trans

10/10 goty

just

Liturgist
well companion and enemy AI is shit
leonard should put together a list of things to watch also for programmers
like yt tutorials and shit

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Doesn't he shill for practically every game? I thought positivity and friendlyness were his primary selling points as a streamer.

He was all glowing about RDR2 even though he clearly hated it the more he played it. Also he's an unbearable loot autist and a giant fucking child. He is one of the few big, mainstream twitchers playing and finishing even quality games now and then tho.

Terenty

Liturgist
take that chick with short yellow hair ( lolz ) who if you call her bureaucrat she takes it as a compliment; her reaction is amusing, but she is one of unknown amount of similar faced ugly monsters produced by face generator and wears some standard armor and sits in standard animation, so the irony of the dialogue is lost and line delivery just falls flat.

Yeah, its a far cry from lovingly crafted unique npcs with unique animations and portraits.

But i've seen it somewhere...

Oh yeah

DISCO ELYSIUM BABY!

Shadenuat

Arcane
Yes, DE even has a character with somewhat close style (Edgar), who is finely animated with his typewriter and has completely retarded and thus very memorable portrait.

From AAA games, Witcher 3 also does this sort of stuff very well.

the mole

Learned
Shitposter

Yeah, its a far cry from lovingly crafted unique npcs with unique animations and portraits.

But i've seen it somewhere...

Oh yeah

DISCO ELYSIUM BABY!
disco elysium only has 5 npcs in the whole game, and there is no gameplay, hopefully they did something with the 14 years of development time

Shadenuat

Arcane
disco elysium only has 5 npcs in the whole game
it was also made by 5 NPCs; a large studio should do better than andromeda faces.

by not being good at your job or not throwing enough money on npc faces you're now throwing away the work of writers and voice actors since dialogue like this only works if all 3 things connect.

Last edited:

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
lets talk about how great the ai is in disco elysium or the enemy diversity, or the combat, oh wait it has none of those things, it's a speech check game, not a full game

Shadenuat

Arcane
judging by streams AI is very forgiving in this one.

also I find it interesting there are no helmets with glass visors where you could see character's face. you'd think this could have benefited from short hair thing.

also gaem is only 37 gb :Mwhich can mean that either it is smaller than usual, or Tim does know how to make games pack and run properly.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom