Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The PS5 and Xbox 2 thread - it's happening

just search for yourself,almost every AAA game has been downgraded.

Gta v,The Witcher 3,Any ubisoft game,god of war...

but if you think the screenshot that i showed looks the same then you need to go see a doctor.

Frusciante

Cipher
Project: Eternity
just search for yourself,almost every AAA game has been downgraded.

Gta v,The Witcher 3,Any ubisoft game,god of war...

but if you think the screenshot that i showed looks the same then you need to go see a doctor.

Where did I say that it looks the same?

Where did I say that it looks the same?

whatever,the 2017 pic looks like something that came from a movie or a CGI while the 2018 pic looks very "video gamey" if you know what i'm saying.

and that's the truth about every game ever,no matter how good they look,they'll never look as good as a CGI that came years ago.

Last edited:
Alot of games look better than that though :M

If you're talking about textures then yes,but no game yet can do the same level of dynamic lighting,particles,smoke effects,physics and animations as in the trailer.I think that's what makes a game looking like a game and a CGI looking like a CGI

Even the killzone 2 trailer from fucking 2005,name one game that has this level of smooth animations,physics and smoke effects:

tritosine2k

Erudite
Most importantly in trailers and bullshots artist can place cubemap reflections as they please , in realtime you have sparse static or screen space reflections .

soulburner

Cipher
Very often the trailers are made with one of two mindsets:

"this is how we want the game to look like and we think we can do it"
- or -
"let's make a demo of what we want to do... hey, this runs pretty well, let's make a trailer"

and both of them usually end with the developer team realizing that the finished game will have to be downgraded a lot to work at all. Adding the game code and stuff causes the framerates to drop by half, that's why we see things like a ceiling full of lighbubls turning into a ceiling with a flat texture.

This is also why developers aren't really excited to release early screenshots, because the final game will always look different - either downgraded or just with changed lighting or only some areas modified or removed and gamers will be furrrrrrious.

Vorark

Erudite
wmCU6fK.jpg

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Also 12 Tflops RDNA is confirmed by Phil Spencer (Series X has 2 times powerfull GPU tha xbone x). Which gives it effective power of 16 Tflops GCN, which is 2080 Super levels.

Stadia made a huge deal about having 11 tflops and the games on there run way worse than PC versions do, even taking internet latency out of the equation. Destiny 2 runs at 1080p60 for fuck's sake. A random tflops number means nothing, just like "in engine" graphics mean nothing. Wait for actual specs before you cum all over your keyboard.

Shinji

Savant
So it has been confirmed that the new Xbox will be backwards compatible with older Xbox games. Guess this confirms that the PS5 will be backwards compatible as well

If that's the case, then most people will probably buy a PS5 instead based on that alone (assuming that *all* games will run, even game discs from other regions)

So it has been confirmed that the new Xbox will be backwards compatible with older Xbox games. Guess this confirms that the PS5 will be backwards compatible as well
A console is back compatible if it needs to, sells remasters if it doesn't.

They were talking about the PS5 being backwards compatible back before summer, when they showed off Spider-Man on it.

I don't think this new Xbox looks bad, but the name is terrible. It doesn't sound like a new system, it sounds like another upgrade to the XBOX 1; and people just thinking it's an upgrade to the last system is really something they don't want happening.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron

If that's the case, then most people will probably buy a PS5 instead based on that alone (assuming that *all* games will run, even game discs from other regions)

The PS4 was so dominating this generation I'm sure they'll have a massive leg up not only due to what you're saying, but also just the general "I'm in this online ecosystem" factor. The 360 and PS3 were much closer.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
The new Xbox might become new Wii U, which people thought is just add-on or something for Wii, and it failed miserably... we can always hope so at least.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
The new Xbox might become new Wii U, which people thought is just add-on or something for Wii, and it failed miserably... we can always hope so at least.

I don't hope one way or the other, but that does seem like a risk.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Why "hope so"? MS has been less shitty than Sony this generation. Beyond that, that's not gonna happen because of marketing. MS can and does market their products, Nintendo doesn't advertise anywhere near as much. The name might be dumb but the truth is that normals don't care anywhere near as much as you think they do about what something is named.

Venser

Erudite
No point getting Xbox when every single game will be available for PC, so it's gonna be PC + PS5 combo for me.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
It's not like Sony exclusives have been worth it either. What does it have? Beyond Gran Turismo and Bloodborne there's just shitty Naughty Dog SJW walking simulators. Call me when they make another Syphon Filter game.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Remarkable looking console, If they manage to give us that level of performance in a chassis that exhausts all the air out of top. Outstanding. Silverstone ravens are still the god tier for cooling.

You're looking at paying top whack for a Lian-li or Silverstone chassis that looks as neat and solid as that.

If you're talking about textures then yes,but no game yet can do the same level of dynamic lighting,particles,smoke effects,physics and animations as in the trailer.I think that's what makes a game looking like a game and a CGI looking like a CGI

Even the killzone 2 trailer from fucking 2005,name one game that has this level of smooth animations,physics and smoke effects:

Waste of resources.

As for the samaritan demo, Arkham Knight nailed that aesthetic and put it in an open world setting.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Yeah, it's clearly designed like a vertical PC case. Beyond the consideration of how it would fit in most entertainment centres, I also like how it looks. Not everything has to be angles like the PS4. With how this and the PS5 will need leagues more power than anything before it, they're gonna have to focus on cooling.
Microsoft appeared to put money into engineering and design to make the Xbox One X and this clearly.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Remarkable looking console, If they manage to give us that level of performance in a chassis that exhausts all the air out of top. Outstanding. Silverstone ravens are still the god tier for cooling.

You're looking at paying top whack for a Lian-li or Silverstone chassis that looks as neat and solid as that.

It certainly removes a lot of skepticism about how they're going to have the rumored specs without heat issues. However skepticism about cost and power usage remains.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom