Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Races and Faces of Skyrim

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
46835%20-%20Kotobuki_tsumugi%20anime%20artist%3Amadmax%20crossover%20fluttershy%20k-on!%20socks.png

Self-Ejected

BlitzKitchen

Self-Ejected
Patron
Codex 2012
Yeah, this shit is becoming all too common. Developers will rehash the same bone structure in a face and just change small surface details.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Heh am I the only one noticing that most ofl the women look like they're frowning or just ate a whole lemon? Oh man I can't wait for the tasteful female orc waifu mods.

Dark elf males are cool. The fucking male bretons look like they crawled out of a medieval slum :lol:
In fact 40k bros look at those faces, that is some hive world shit right there.

I'll be more impressed if during talking and interactions they don't look like renn faire androids larping for your amusement. WE SHALL SEEEEE

.Sigurd

Educated
BlitzKitchen said:
Yeah, this shit is becoming all too common. Developers will rehash the same bone structure in a face and just change small surface details.
Jesus fucking Christ. How I didn't noticed that all humanoid races have the same overall facial bone structure and the only differences are the skin color, noses, eyebrows, jaw shape and other minor features! Now I remember why I hated Morrowind so goddamn much.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
I find the beast races the most ridiculous. They're going to be the same deal as in Oblivion, that is, exactly the same bodies as humans, just different skin texture + beast mask and a tail that sticks out of plate armor.

Seriously, why would sentient lizards and cats evolve in exactly the same way as humans, just with a different head? Hell, they didn't even have claws in Oblivion. And Argonian females had mammaries. There can't be any suspension of disbelief whatsover.

Morrowind was a bit better in this regard. There were actually three different body types: man, mer (elves and orcs) and beast.

.Sigurd

Educated
Drog Black Tooth said:
I find the beast races the most ridiculous. They're going to be the same deal as in Oblivion, that is, exactly the same bodies as humans, just different skin texture + beast mask and a tail that sticks out of plate armor.

Seriously, why would sentient lizards and cats evolve in exactly the same way as humans, just with a different head? Hell, they didn't even have claws in Oblivion. And their females had mammaries. There can't be any suspension of disbelief whatsover.

Morrowind was a bit better in this regard. There were actually three different body types: man, mer (elves and orcs) and beast.
They already mentioned that will be special animations for the beast folk but looks like female argonians still have breast. :M

Dantus12

Educated
the good:
Looks like they prepared the models for Face FX.
the bad:
Looks like they prepared the models for Face FX.

It can be oddly familiar looking if not using custom made presets.
But visually, a massive improvement, especially if tweaking with sliders is possible, and it probably is.

Micmu

Magister
Orcs look like angry humans with tusks :D

In fact all races look the same

Pathetic and expected

.Sigurd said:
Looks like they are going the Morrowind way, at least visually.
Get glasses

.Sigurd

Educated
micmu said:
.Sigurd said:
Looks like they are going the Morrowind way, at least visually.
Get glasses
I meant the elves, especially the dunmers. High eyebrows, "sucked" cheeks, big chin... The female nords also look somewhat similar.

FacesDunmer1.jpg

Dantus12

Educated
sgc_meltdown said:
Dantus12 said:
Genuinely confused now. Is it good or bad?

It pretty much looks like oblivion lipsynching.

You are absolutely right, but that's with available presets.
I mentioned it because with custom made animations it can look way better than NW for example.
I don't see neither FO3 or NW as some kind of advanced animation tech, but it was better then Oblivion, and the tool by it self has lots of potential.

I don't believe that Beth can do actual proper animations, or better said that they are willing to take the risk of performance loss on consoles, that is imminent with advanced animation sets.
It wouldn't be a problem, but the games are physically huge, so unless they brake the sandbox in to smaller pieces they are forced to do so.
And I merely liked the models, because their previous models in TES where the ultimate horror.

Luzur

Good Sir
looks better then Bethesda's usual.

but the eerie similarity to each other is kinda glaring.

but i am more interested if they will make beast races like in Morrowind or in Oblivion.

takes away abit of that "human in cat mask" feeling i got from Oblivion.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Why are they all so fucking ugly and angular. Don't look like real faces at all.

Obligatory shitty pun:
Faces more like feces amirite

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom