Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community The RPG Codex's Top 101 PC RPGs (With User Reviews!)

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Underrail was crowd-funded? I thought it was one of the examples that wasn't

Modron

Arcane
Underrail was crowd-funded? I thought it was one of the examples that wasn't
Technically it was early accessed before Early Access was a thing like Mount and Blade before it. I got it from some bundle site years before it came out.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
One of the best blobbers of the last 20 years, in my opinion. Not that we had that much to choose from, aside from the weeboo anime JRPG's.

Iselor

Educated
The most average cRPG of all time: 17
Walking simulator in the woods and on the meadow: 19
The best cRPG ever: 45
Tyranny 95? Good joke. Top 10 is the minimum.
Original Sin better than Original Sin II?
Such lists should be alphabetical. Otherwise, they do not make sense.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
I didn't vote for it(and it isn't anyway near my favorite rogue-like), but I still consider the fact that Nethack didn't make into this list a travesty.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Codex never had a big focus on blobbers, just some very active fans like aweigh and support from Codex authority in the form of Crooked Bee

Codex Year of the Donut
I think I already said this in the review thread, but it is worth repeating: The fact that we have new games getting high ranking in the poll really shows that our hobby is healthy at the moment. Rejoice!
I'd honestly be surprised if the majority of people who voted for Kingmaker even made it to Armag's tomb.
It's a decent game, but I expect it to fall down to the 50s or 60s the next time rankings come up.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Codex never had a big focus on blobbers, just some very active fans like aweigh and support from Codex authority in the form of Crooked Bee

Maybe I am remembering it wrong but I feel like discussion about classic blobbers used to be more active in general. Thats how I got into Wizardry and Might & Magic as some of my first classic RPGs. The feeling is reflected in this poll where most of the blobbers seemed to take a hit and are trending downward.

Codex Year of the Donut

Maybe I am remembering it wrong but I feel like discussion about classic blobbers used to be more active in general. Thats how I got into Wizardry and Might & Magic as some of my first classic RPGs. The feeling is reflected in this poll where most of the blobbers seemed to take a hit and are trending downward.
Genre is essentially dead so it's unsurprising the popularity is declining.

PrettyDeadman

My list.
1. Kingmaker
2. Kotc
3. Dark Sun Shattered Lands.
4. Toee
5. Wizardry 7
6. Wizards n warroirs
7. Mightnmagic worlds of xeen
8. Underrail
9. Wizardry 8
10. Fallout 2
11. Arcanum
12. Fallout
13. Bloodlines
50. Icewind Dale 2
51. Icewind Dale
97. Baldurs gates 2
98. Baldurs Gates
99. Divine Divinity
100. Oblivion

Not on the list: dark souls, planescape torment, poe, original sins, skyrim.

purpleblob

Savant
I think I already said this in the review thread, but it is worth repeating: The fact that we have new games getting high ranking in the poll really shows that our hobby is healthy at the moment. Rejoice!
I'd honestly be surprised if the majority of people who voted for Kingmaker even made it to Armag's tomb.
It's a decent game, but I expect it to fall down to the 50s or 60s the next time rankings come up.

What makes you think that? A lot of people I know completed the game and on their 2nd or 3rd playthrough. I, for one, am on my 4th playthrough with the total of 650+ hours on it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom