Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Ruinous Powers (40K CYOA)

Baltika9

Arcane
That, and the shrine to Tzeentch that we've commissioned must sting a bit, too. Him and birdface are rivals.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There is a unknown fifth entity or God which we have favour with... and apparently, it is "amused".
Who is this? Should we be afraid?
Could it be Malal, amused at our team-killing fucktard antics after we offed the Goat?
Or is it Cegorach and/or the Deceiver, amused at our manipulations and plotting?

It's the Emperor himself.

:troll:

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Althrough more like Chaos-Mostly-Undivided-But-Fuck-Khorne.
And that's how I like it.

Accept the risk of the duel and revel in pain it would inflict, but deny the man honorable death and savor his desperation and anger as well.

Don't give him the satisfaction. If people want to give tribute to Slaanesh, that's how it's given.

Otherwise just keep him and subvert him from his wannabe-HONOROBRU ways. I C > II C

Cheesecake

Savant
I:
A: Smashing Axe, hello friend, The Brazilian Slaughter, 3
B:
C: Azira, Nevill, Storyfag, 3
ERYKFRAD's D: ERYKFRAD, 1
lightbane's D: lightbane, 1

II:
A: Baltika9, 1
B:
C: (hello friend), oscar, Endemic, Azira, Nevill, 4(5)
D:

C. Spare him and try to contain him for later.

You smirk. Like lightning, you draw your laspistol, aiming for his knobbly knees, and fire. The pistol goes off with a crack, and a small cauterized crater impacts on the ground.

"Not very sporting of you," he says. The man had simply disappeared and reappeared in a blur. He disappears again. You feel the wind shift. You leap out of the way just as his chainsword slices the air where your neck had been from behind you.

You roll on the ground, kick up, and fire your laspistol midair. He blocks it with the side of his chainsword, the las melting the intricate engravings of his blade. He charges, like a boulder brutally bulling forward. You sidestep just in time, narrowly avoiding what would have been a crushing hit. Just when you think you're out of the clear, he abruptly stops and swings his chainsword in an arc behind him!

The whirring blades leaves a gash on your left arm. Your bodyglove had stopped the sword from shearing your arm off completely. The Lord-Captain does not stop there. He swings again, then lunges, and ends with a vicious downward arc.

You gracefully leap away, disengaging from combat, giving yourself some breathing room. For any other, this duel would have been gruelling, the wounds too harrowing. But not for you. You revel in the thrill, the challenge, the pain.

You feel more invigorated than when you started.

You lunge towards the obese Captain, loosing a volley of lasfire as you close in. Despite his unnatural speed, he cannot parry all the las, and many bury themselves into his flesh. Searing craters of burnt flesh dot his body. However, that was only the warm-up. In the final step, you leap, fist-forward, and impale him with your arm. It sinks deep into his gut. You feel cold metal and grinding gears where his organs should be.

He coughs up a dribble of blood. "W-Well done! I do believe that this fine vessel," he coughs, spewing more vital fluids, "has a worthy captain." He closes his eyes, looking at peace. "Now, finish me."

You laugh cruelly. "Ooh, we're not done yet." You twist your arm, still inside his gut. You feel gears and cables tear. He winces as he conceals his pain.

"We're far from done."

----

Epilogue
Detox had patched together the flesh, and Entek had repaired the machinery. The previous Lord-Captain is chained, gagged, and dressed in tatters. He serves as your footstool. Entek had enslaved the Machine Spirit of this once-fine vessel, while Hooker did the same to the crew. The mutants run rampant, making sport of the hapless crewmen. The Ecclesiastic temples and shrines are defiled, replaced with the foul icons of Chaos, and statues dedicated to your beauty.

You look at your astrogation charts, preparing your voyage, and walking down the path to power. Destiny is palpable around you. Terrible vistas of opportunity and reward open up in your mind. And to think, in a minuscule amount of time, you had become everything from nothing.

You wonder, why would one as insignificant as you would become so powerful? And the others as well. The natural order of Chaos rewards the strong, and leave the weak with nothing. Something has disrupted that order.

You look up from your astrogation charts. You see the Boy, smiling. His eyes, although still dead, are possessed with something else.

Malice.

Name: Lena Cythriel, Exalted Champion

Gifts:
Daemoniac Tongue
Exalted
Perfection
Terrible Visage

Favor:
Khorne - Reviled
Nurgle - Betrayed
Tzeentch - Intrigued
Slaanesh - Exalted

Malal - Amused

Known Characters:
Detox, apothecary - Betrayed
Hooker, sergeant - Devoted
Entek, tech-priest - Indifferent
Sorcerer - Devoted
The Boy - Unknown

Tempestus, chaplain - Dead?
The Captain - Dead

Forces:
Mutant Horde - 2,500? - Devoted
Cruiser Crew - 60,000? - Enslaved

Items:
Artificer Bodyglove
Laspistol

(Gonna put this on hiatus, so I hope this was a decent ending. This isn't the end, though; I just wanted to stop here myself losing interest and I didn't want to write this half-assed. One day, the shenanigans of hawt foxy bodysuit chick + friends will continue!)

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Good of you to stop here. Pushing yourself will just worsen the burnout. Thanks for running this.

lightbane

Arcane
Malal. uh? Quick, let's hide before the plot-lawyers find us! Oh wait, nevermind. You're temporally stopping it. Nevertheless, it's been quite a fun read. Congrats.

Cheesecake

Savant
wbPbKoag.jpg

Hey! I'm kinda in the mood for 40k, so if you guys are interested, we could continue Lena's Black Crusade! (Or start a new character)

lightbane

Arcane
Good for me. What happened with the other fantasy CYOA? The one with the kid traveling to a standard fare DnD world I mean.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom