Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Ruinous Powers (40K CYOA)

Elfberserker

Liturgist
A

Lets play nice for while.

lightbane

Arcane
A. Can't wait how long we can play as a Slaneeshi herald before the author has a mental breakdown of some sort. Speaking of which: what did the gift result do?

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Hopefully this new voting system is easier and less prone to mistakes
Destroyer: Baltika9, Inf0mercial, Major_Blackhart 4
It is all Tzeentch's doing, probably, for not getting any love this time. :M

Anyway, let's flirt a little and have the captain stew a bit before allowing him to lay his eyes on an otherwordly beauty. Surely being fashionable is not a criminal offence in the Empire! B.

By the way,
You hear another voice. "Where's the prisoner, sir?"

"Prisoner? Oh, right. She's, um, she'll be out soon."

"I'll go check on her-" You hear a resounding slap from out your door.

"I mean, leave her be. Those are direct orders."
Looks like our guard has a few ranks on him. Maybe we can have an ally in him if we can't ensnare the captain.

I'm just praying that we aren't going to be interrogated by some very sharp, mentally tough Inquisitor.
Afraid of the pain? Tsk-tsk. We should look forward to exactly that outcome! :rpgcodex:

Cheesecake

Savant
Oh, lol. I counted Major_Blackhart as two people. Thanks for catching that!

A: 5
Esquilax
archaen
Inf0mercial
Elfbeserker
lightbane

B: 4
Baltika9
Azira
Major_Blackhart
Nevill

C: 0

D: 1
hello friend

Going with A!

Though tempting it would be to let their primal emotions stew, you feel it'd be prudent to quickly get out of this situation. If this really was an Imperial vessel, you could very well be annihilated by the Emperor's power! Back home, they said that Guardsmen could smash rocks with their hands, and their generals could breathe fire! You stand no chance-

Fear not. The Corpse god has no slaves here....

The voice in your head isn't the cooing, enticing giggle of your Prince, nor the gurgling guffaw of Nurgle, but a cold, calculated one. You breathe in slowly, to calm your nerves, and let out a sigh. Inadvertently, it escaped as a symphonic moan, at least to the men outside. You hear their heartbeats racing.

No time to tarry, you tell yourself. With a grace you could never dream to achieve through your old body, you stride out of your cell at a tantalizing pace. Your eyes quickly adjust to your surroundings. You see an entire hallway of holding cells akin to yours, whose occupants you see resembling the pirates who attacked you.

"Ahem." You hear the officer's throat swallow, obviously awkward and embarrassed. You turn and give him a disarming smile. He crumbles inside, and his inferior quickly steps in.

"Ma'am, this way, please!" You happily take note of the fact that they didn't bother restraining you. They treat you more of a guest than a prisoner.

They lead you away, down the dreary, stale hallway to a larger antechamber, this one bustling with servitors and scribes. The servitors, much more functional than the junk-servos back home, understandably take no note of you. The scribes however, crash into each other each time you pass them. Even a few female scribes blush, and you can feel their jealousy and desire intermingle in a sweet aroma.

Navigating through the antechamber might have been a dreary ordeal, but the scribes respectfully inched out of your way. The servitors, as programmed, make way for the guards around you. You've never felt more respected in your entire life.

"Here we are, ma'am." You stop outside an ornate blast-door, decorated with inscriptions and insignias - but more importantly, mercenary insignias. The door opens, and you are ushered inside.

Entering with the litheness of a serpent, you run a flawless arm through your hair reflexively. Your old, dry, coal-black hair has been replaced with a long curtain of shining, black silk. The guards in the room, though their faces are hidden, are obviously entranced. The gruff, goatlike man sitting in a command throne, however, isn't impressed.

"Leave," he bleats. His voice reverberates through the dark room.

"But sir-" one of the guards starts. Obviously, he wants to stay for you. Any concern for his captain is long lost. The captain shoots him a glare that literally staggers the lesser man. "Yes, sir." The guard leaves, defeated, and the others follow suit.

Hm. The pragmatic voice plays in your mind once more. This one is the servant of the Blood God, yet all else here are pure slaves of the Emperor. How subtle, for a beast.

"I see I wasn't the only one untouched by the pirate Sorcerer. Don't bother with your tricks, witch." His face contorts into what you assume is a smile. You frown. "You should be thankful. My men and I received a distress signal from your ship. A band of pirates attacked, seemingly from nowhere. I know who they were. They made me who I am, after all."

The captain stands, unraveling his regal toga, revealing two hideous, furred legs ending in cloven hooves. Standing straight, you can see his true height and mass, standing at least seven feet, almost eight feet tall. He bleats in what you assume is his laugh.

"I saved your sorry ass. And you're mine. You'll help me find that sorcerer, or by Khorne you'll wish you had enough blood left after what I do to you."

Your brows furrow. Your blood heats. You want to kill this man. Think this through. You will, you promise yourself. You've wasted too many chances.

You decide to:

A. Accept heartily. At least, for now.
B. Tell him you'll think it over.
C. Reject him, and find a way to escape.
D. Attack! His raw strength cannot hope to beat your impeccable skill.
E. Something else:

Also, you may ask him any number of questions before the action takes place, though you're doubtful he'll tell the truth, or answer at all.

Baltika9

Arcane
A, the crew is already in love with us. All we need to do is be smooth and they'll pretty much hand the ship over to us.

Inf0mercial

Augur
A

Once we get a weapon and have the crew even more on our side we can kill him if we need too, Hardened skin should give us enough surprise to win a fight if need be 1v1 but i would rather have the crew shoot him, no risk for us then.

Nevill

Arcane
A Khornite and a Slaaneshi working together for world peace? Haha, as if.

Accept for now, our strenght does not lie in a direct confrontation. Once we strip the captain of his crew, or at least, divide the loyalties of the team, that's when we will strike.

I am afraid the brute would deliver on his promise otherwise, unless we leave the ship immediately.

Hmmm... if we manage to kill him, we can show off his corpse as proof of his corruption. Then we will have a whole ship to sleep with command either directly or via his second officer.

A, with the intention to betray him down the line.

Nevill

Arcane
Also, you may ask him any number of questions before the action takes place, though you're doubtful he'll tell the truth, or answer at all.
Who is the Sorcerer, why does the captain seek him, and what does he expect from us? It's not like we know how to track people across the galaxies... or do we?

How long has the captain been made... like that?

He says he knows who the pirates are. Well, is he telling us? Might help us do what he needs us to do.

Are people in the cells one of theirs? They resemble the pirates.

Baltika9

Arcane
Who is the Sorcerer, why does the captain seek him, and what does he expect from us? It's not like we know how to track people across the galaxies... or do we?
That's the least of our worries. We should start with asking ourselves why the Chaos Gods deigned bless us with this much shit and how aren't we a gibbering chaos spawn? We were a no-name, nothing schmuck before this. Something is going on here, all right.

Nevill

Arcane
We can ask ourselves any time, but the cap is right here, so let's hear him first.

lightbane

Arcane
E: Ask why does he want to find that sorcerer and how you're supposed to help, while using the Demonic Eyes of Mystic Perception Witch Eyes to check if he's trying to lie.

oscar

Arcane
A. Turn the crew against him.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Cheesecake

Savant
Choice is A!

With the most disarming smile in your new arsenal, you curtsy and bow your head. "Anything you desire. I'm in your debt."

He snorts derisively, nostrils flaring like an angered animal. "Save me your wiles, witch. All I lust for is blood." He sits back on his command throne, turning around and continuing his work.

You fold your arms, glaring at him fiercely. "Who is the sorcerer you're talking about? What do you want with him." A silence overtakes the room as the captain sits still in his throne.

"No one knows, only that he sells his services to pirates and transforms random innocents into Chaos champions outright. I want to thank him." He cracks his knuckles. "Then snap his neck. Already he's made you. He could make more. Of us. Who wants to share?"

"So how long have you been looking like a goat? Not counting before you met the sorcerer, of course." You smirk as he brays angrily.

"Long enough to have built this mercenary company with only a wrecked voidcraft and a broken laspistol. Now hold your tongue, witch, before I rip it off!"

"What do you want me to do, then?" you coo. "My tongue is one of my greatest assets, you know."

"Those pirates downstairs. You've seen them, yes? I want you to question them, see what they know and where the sorcerer went." He scratches his goatee. "There are certain tools in there that you might need, if your 'greatest assets' aren't enough." The door behind you opens. "Now get out of my sight."

----

You exit to see the expectant faces of the mercenaries, in awe and lust. With a small flourish you toss your hair to the side and sigh. Weak, pathetic wretches. Taking control of the ship will be easy! Or so you thought, when you see a contingent of combat servitors patrol the area. The goat probably has more patrolling elsewhere. No amount of tempting and seducing would get them on your side.

In the meanwhile, you decide to:

A. Interrogate the prisoners immediately.
B. Wander around the ship.
C. Meet all the crew of import in the ship.
D. Something else.

Esquilax

Arcane
I think that some patience is in order for now. While meeting the crew could be helpful to us in that they might help us shut off the servitors and finally wrest control of the ship from McGoatlegs, I'd rather keep playing along for now to get his guard down. As was to be expected, he was immediately suspicious of how compliant we were.

A

Nevill

Arcane
One must also keep in mind when our usefulness might run out, and not make ourselves overly helpful.

He probably has more jobs for us for later, so playing along for now is not too bad. But we'd better look after ourselves right afterwards.

A.

Last edited:

Violet

Literate
A>C

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom