Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

The Ruinous Powers (40K CYOA)

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by Cheesecake, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Storyfag Arcane

Storyfag
    ACB

^ Top  
  2. hello friend Arcane

hello friend
    CCA̵̶̡͜҉̯̭͈̤̮̞̭̳̖̯̬͇̭̞͎

Fuck Undivided. Fuck Khorne. Time for some Machine love.

^ Top  
  3. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Fuck that. DxC, I want to check out the Khornate camp. He kind of hates us and yet he has a presence on our ship. Gotta see what's what.

^ Top  
  4. Endemic Arcane

Endemic
  5. Major_Blackhart Codexia Lord Sodom Patron

Major_Blackhart
    CCA

^ Top  
  6. Cheesecake Savant

Cheesecake
    Counting votes! (Sorry for the long wait.)

^ Top  
  7. Cheesecake Savant

Cheesecake
    Tally (open)

A: Smashing Axe, ERYFKRAD, The Brazilian Slaughter, Storyfag, 4
    B: Endemic, 1
    C: Azira, Grimgravy, lightbane, hello friend, Major_Blackhart, 5
    D: Baltika9, 1
    E:

C. "You should extend training to the mutant militia. I've witnessed their unruliness, but I have faith in you."

A:
    B: Endemic, 1
    C: Azira, Grimgravy, lightbane, Smashing Axe, ERYFKRAD, The Brazilian Slaughter, Storyfag, hello friend, Major_Blackhart, 9
    D:
    E:

C. "Conscript mutants to the guard force. Chain them, train them, use them like work animals. They will behold the price of disobedience."

A: lightbane, ERYFKRAD, hello friend, Major_Blackhart, 4
    B: Azira, Grimgravy, Smashing Axe, The Brazilian Slaughter, Storyfag, Baltika9, Endemic, 7
    C:

B. Talk to the Sorcerer, in regards to the future and the will of the gods.

The barrack's choir of las-fire and war-shouts has a new addition - the hooting and howling of mutant conscripts. From Hooker's reports, which are much shorter and curter than usual, the mutant militia are a handful. Through hearsay, you've learned she's coaxed Entek into constructing her a new recaf machine.

On the bright side, she's resorting to more realistic methods. Instead of dog-tags, the mutants will wear chains. You have a feeling they'll be broken in a week. If your master-sergeant isn't broken first.

----

The cabal hums and undulates, praying in weird tongues. They have no rhythm, no sense, and even to you it is disturbing. Their rags, torn to shreds by their dark rituals, cling to their scarred flesh w only with dried blood.

Whose blood, even you wouldn't care to know.

They gather in a semi-circle, staring at a shattered mirror on the cold floor. Heeding the Sorcerer's warning, you don't look into the broken glass. You see the cultists' gouged eyes, and you doubt that human hands tore them out.

The Sorcerer, the weedy scribe who toured you aboard the Scourge of Wealth, reads from a flat stone slab, void of any words. Void, at least, to your eyes.

"Come, mistress," he says, his voice echoing, his echoes whispering. "This is not the place to talk."

You follow him to a dark room, utterly empty, and utterly cold. You can't even see your hands. Yet, in the blackness, you can feel his leering face.

"I'm yours, mistress. What would you have of me?"

You cut to the chase. You don't wish to linger here too long. "What is the will of the Ruinous Powers? What is the will of Slaanesh?"

You feel his grin grow wider. "Their will is not mine to know, mistress. Nor is it yours. It is not theirs to know either. No one knows."

"I thought they spoke to you."

"They do."

"What do they say, then?"

He pauses. "Many things. But of you, very little."

You feel sweat fall from your face. "Have I lost their favor?"

"No, my mistress, nothing like that. To be completely honest, I'd abandon you as soon as they told me to."

"Reassuring."

He laughs. Other voices laugh with him - inhuman voices. "Nothing is assured in this world, mistress." You hear the snap of a finger, and a dim light reveals his face, a table, and a pack of cards atop it.

"Yet, we can guess." He shuffles the deck. "What would you like to know, mistress? Choose wisely. The living cannot linger here for long."

You say:

A. "Show me the future of my son."
    B. "Show me the events of Arcturus."
    C. "Show me the fate of my ship."
    D. "Show me my death."

----

A siren rings, off in the distance. The Sodom has reentered realspace, and Arcturus IV looms near. You are glad to be off, away from his cabal. From your viewing deck, seated in your command-throne, you see the paradise world - green, lush, and alive. Its populace equally beautiful, and just as rotten.

Your master-sergeant stands faithfully by your side.

"What are your orders, mistress?"

"We'll infiltrate this world. Myself and my retainers. We'll need a disguise."

"And I suggest not taking all of us, mistress. Someone will need to maintain order."

You decide to take: (Choose at most 3)

I. Detox
    II. Hooker
    III. The Sorcerer
    IV. Entek

Your disguise will be:

A. (Offer suggestion.)

----

Character Sheet (open)

Name: Lena Cythriel, Exalted Champion

Gifts:
    Daemoniac Tongue
    Exalted
    Perfection
    Terrible Visage

Favor:
    Khorne - Hated
    Nurgle - Uncaring
    Tzeentch - Intrigued
    Slaanesh - Exalted

Malal - Amused

Known Characters:
    Detox, apothecary - Caring
    Hooker, sergeant - Devoted
    Entek, tech-priest - Indifferent
    Sorcerer - Devoted
    The Boy - Unknown

Tempestus, chaplain - Dead?
    The Captain - Dead

Forces:
    Cruiser Crew - 62,000? - Devoted

Items:
    Artificer Bodyglove
    Laspistol
    Synthesiser:
    *Stimms (All-purpose combat drugs, designed to suppress fear and lessen stress and trauma.) [ACTIVE]
    *Frenzon (Rage-inducing chemicals that throw the user into a violent fit. It bolsters strength, increases violent urges, and reduces self control.)
    *Kalma (Euphoria-inducing painkillers used by medicae to subdue restless patients. This automatically releases when the user is nearing dangerous levels of pain.)
    *Onslaught (Heightens awareness and improves reaction time, and allows the body to move abnormally fast. Prolonged use has a high risk of brain damage.)
    *Spook (Spook temporarily awakens the user's psychic abilities, and in higher doses opens a channel between the body, the soul, and the Warp. Requires consuming a psyker to manufacture.) [UNAVAILABLE]

(Sorry for the poor quality, I'm not in a very private environment, and it's hard to write with someone peering over your shoulder. :P )

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  8. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    B
    I - As for the rest, I suggest we leave Hooker alone to train the muties, and Entek to keep the ship in shape should we need an expeditious retreat.

Disguise: Inquisition or Bureaucrat? Bureaucrat would probably be more inconspicuous.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    B
    I + III
    Brothel owner

^ Top  
  10. Grimgravy Augur Patron

Grimgravy
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
    A
    I, III
    Carpenter, wife, and their weird uncle.

^ Top  
  11. lightbane Arcane

lightbane
    D.
    You know that's what the Codex will end up doing.

I+III

The disguise should be clearly a regular couple of high-born nobles, complete with houlier-than-thou attitude, a set of masks and a fan to hide our faces from those lowly-born trash.

^ Top  
  12. hello friend Arcane

hello friend
    B
    I
    + III
    [Disguise] High society posh nobs

^ Top  
  13. Endemic Arcane

Endemic
    B
    I + III

Disguise: nobles

^ Top  
  14. Storyfag Arcane

Storyfag
    B
    I + III

Disguise: Noble Lady, her Physician and Adeptus Administratum Aide.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)