Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Secret World

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
They should just convert Secret World to a single player RPG with co-op. It'd be cool.

Last edited:

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
They should just convert Secret World to a single player RPG with co-op. It'd be cool.
But that's all it was anyway. You run around doing shitty solo quests where everything goes splat. And you team up to do the same 6 dungeons a million times and it has to be spread out over a long time because the dumbshit locks.

Delterius

Arcane
Everyone that plays it?
nobody (sane) plays this thing as an mmo

its a single player adventure / puzzles / storytiem game where some npcs are controlled by dumb people addicted to the jump button
Are you talking about Secret World or Legends? Because the original game was group up for instances or stay a noob forever.
no more story = time to quit secret world, legends and otherwise, and play actual mmos

Deflowerer

Arcane
Those bums at Funcom should just make a single player RPG in this setting.

Of course, instead they are just shitting out some walking sims.

Last edited:

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Everyone that plays it?

its a single player adventure / puzzles / storytiem game where some npcs are controlled by dumb people addicted to the jump button
Are you talking about Secret World or Legends? Because the original game was group up for instances or stay a noob forever.
no more story = time to quit secret world, legends and otherwise, and play actual mmos
What are you even saying? You played TSW and didn't do any dungeons? WTF

Delterius

Arcane
Everyone that plays it?

What are you even saying? You played TSW and didn't do any dungeons? WTF
I did them once and only once.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Then you are weird, and dumb, as well as a hopeless story fag. You disappoint. Also you played this game as an MMO as much as anyone else did.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Well there is not much else there, that's the problem. The story fag thing is shameful though. The overall story and dialogue is really crappy. Yeah a comic book movie fan might be ok with it but for an adult it isn't acceptable. And the quest gameplay and dialogue is even worse. The investigation quests were so hyped and in reality they are such a let down. And there are not many of them. This is what the vast majority of quests are like:

Traveller help me. Dee foreest. It speaks to meee... Dee forest say dat it may not rest while tortured souls roam. Please help me save dee foreest, by keeling dees tortured souls.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The story fag thing is shameful though. The overall story and dialogue is really crappy. Yeah a comic book movie fan might be ok with it but for an adult it isn't acceptable.

LOL, tell me how adult you are, playing videogames. TSW had great story and writing for a game. Not high literature, but one of the best the medium offered for the last decades. That's ot saying much? Maybe. But since we are playing videogames, we have to compare them in their medium.

TSW should be played as a storyfag adventure game, because the MMO part is banal shit boring.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Are you saying you can't be an adult and play video games? TSW is shit, shit story, shit gameplay, shit dialogue.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Managed to reach the end of Egypt once before the Secret World Legends thing but ended up passing out of boredom because of the gameplay, is Transylvania and Tokyo on the same level of Solomon Island? Because the gameplay is MMO trash but Solomon island was excellent in design and that kept me going but when I reached Egypt, there was a hard shift from story to focus on killing trash mobs for hours on end and that was so fucking boring, nothing fucking happens on Egypt. Thinking on reinstalling this thing but dunno if Transylvania and Tokyo are worthy to survive the pain that Egypt is.

Lhynn

Arcane
No, nothing quite tops Solomon Island, though Egypt at its best comes close. Transylvania gets good by the end of it, on the 3rd map, so it may be worth it to do that. Tokyo has amazing quests but the whole map is too open and too big, doesnt feel quite right.
I havent tried the newest chapter, should be a good chance to do it now.

Cromwell

Arcane
Managed to reach the end of Egypt once before the Secret World Legends thing but ended up passing out of boredom because of the gameplay, is Transylvania and Tokyo on the same level of Solomon Island? Because the gameplay is MMO trash but Solomon island was excellent in design and that kept me going but when I reached Egypt, there was a hard shift from story to focus on killing trash mobs for hours on end and that was so fucking boring, nothing fucking happens on Egypt. Thinking on reinstalling this thing but dunno if Transylvania and Tokyo are worthy to survive the pain that Egypt is.

imho tokyo and blue mountains are rthe best zones. I wouldnt play it to the end though since, while it has some closure, it still is set up as a story that should go forward which it doesnt anymore. If I read the patch page correctly the last main story update was august 18, pretty much 2 years ago.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
The interesting bits are surrounded by shit... so much shit.
TSW is shit, shit story, shit gameplay, shit dialogue.

rating_shit.png
rating_shit.png
rating_shit.png
rating_shit.png
rating_shit.png
rating_shit.png
rating_shit.png
rating_shit.png
rating_shit.png
rating_shit.png
rating_shit.png
rating_shit.png
rating_shit.png
rating_shit.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom