Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

A deep, slow paced, with stealth, environment manipulation top-down rogue-like, feels like Ultima-Underworld.
I think the developers made a mistake with the one-eyed yellow character design which is an initial turn-off for me.

I have a nearly finished Let's Play on one of its free DLC The Mithril Run:
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/lets-play-unexplored-the-mithril-run.130990/

I'm looking at similar games:

Seems a bit simple.

Any other recommended realtime, top-down fantasy rogue-like?

Last edited:

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
lol valve's QA department really took a nosedive
https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/1747891643720782888/?ctp=7
the store page keeps CRASHING (crashing, it's not server load issues) if you're one of those poor sods who actually use steam features like the discovery queue and have a certain amount of not interested/ignored games. The javascript on the page generates an infinite loop that causes the page to use multiple gigabytes of memory then crashes, reloads and does it again, and again, and again.

If you suffer from the issue do not expect to find a "time" at which the store will work. Unlike server loads type of issues, it's not something that will resolve itself.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Ok bought Space Engine and Tales Of Wuxia and I plan getting Dragon Quest when I get the discount coupon.

Spellforce 3 is cheaper on other sites so there is no hurry.

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut

or

The best Baseball game(s), at least on PC. Don't be fooled by the caricature-style graphics, the gameplay is great and not too 'arcady'. It also stays challenging, thanks to an easily adjustable 'Ego' difficulty.

I prefer the first, tbh, they went for a more 'realistic' look in the second that is neither here nor there. But if you want more teams and more customization, get SMB 2.

Citizen

YEP, got 5000 tokens again and can't buy the second coupon :negative:

There's nothing to spend them on apart from chat smileys lmao

Modron

Arcane
YEP, got 5000 tokens again and can't buy the second coupon :negative:

There's nothing to spend them on apart from chat smileys lmao
Save during the Winter Sale! This coupon is available for use ‘til January 2, 2020 @ 10:00:00 am PST and can only be purchased once from the Holiday Market.
They were pretty clear about that I know you prefer pictographs to reading but hey at least now you can buy that temporary profile skin with those 50 dollars worth of tokens.

Okagron

Prophet
Bought GTA Vice City and Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom. Been wanting to try Vice City since it's one of the very few GTA games i haven't played yet, and also been wanting to play some more Metroidvanias, so i got Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom. Vice City is 65% off and Monster Boy is 50% off.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
With a booming announcement of "We heard you!", Valve has graciously extended store tokens to be granted for wallet funds slightly older than the current sale. :keepmyjewgold:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Gray Zone, real-time tactics with RPG and... shoot 'em up elements? From a Slovakian studio called Eastworks:

ss_3bd83266d4d44a8018ee2c6096a3de02b110344b.600x338.jpg
ss_48f49a77207a677e06dc62e19ca88c441409dc9a.600x338.jpg

Travel many years into the future and embark on the great adventure of Valern, a slave in the hands of a corrupt government who's destined for great things. Explore colonized planets of our galaxy, worlds rich in animals, creatures and characters. Help Valern face his foes who stand between him and the truth. Both in-game and cutscene dialogs are fully voiced in English.

valern_screen.png

In Gray Zone you command your heroes and other friendly units to avoid or defeat the enemy, to complete story objectives, mandatory or optional. You build fire teams, use machines, vehicles and weapons, collect and distribute items. Your goal is to choose the right combat strategy to minimize your losses whilst achieving a result. The game allows you to freeze time in "tactic mode", which gives you unlimited time to re-think your strategy and issue different orders to multiple units at one moment.

banner_fight.gif

The full game will consist of four chapters, each consisting of six missions. Plus a small bonus mission in the first chapter. That's 25 missions in total. There are 2D Artworks and comics that chronicle the story’s progress between missions. The game also features its own electro-orchestral soundtrack.

versions.png

Join now and receive the next free chapters completely for free. The price will be rise as future content is released.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom