Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Discussion in 'Chad's Gaming Forumz' started by Hobo Elf, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Latelistener Cipher

Latelistener
    Parrots:

:nocountryforshitposters:

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • decline decline x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Curratum Learned

Curratum
    Parrots:
    I'm not sure what that post or video is supposed to mean. I like the highly saturated palette of the patched version a lot more.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. DJOGamer PT Magister

DJOGamer PT
    Parrots:
    Speaking of PB games, is Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods Enhanced Edition superior to vanilla G3? And what are the main differences?
    I sumon thee Darth Roxor.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • No No x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Parrots:
    Codex 2014
    Orphan Age, orphan survival sim/management set in cyberpunk world:

[​IMG]

Planet of the Apes: Last Frontier, an interactive movie based on the movie series,

[​IMG]

^ Top  
  5. Pretty Erudite Patron

Pretty
    Parrots:
    Elex - YES,
    Evil Within 2 - yes,
    Brigador - Maybe yes?,
    Thimbleweed Partk - Maybe?
    Ruiner - no.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  6. DarkUnderlord Bringing that old Raptor magic. Patron

DarkUnderlord
    Parrots:
    Don't get Forsaken Gods. I also thought it was just a GOTY edition or some shit at first, but Forsaken Gods was a standalone expansion made by some pajeets. It's super fucking awful. Watch this review for more info.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Racist Racist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Average Manatee Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Average Manatee
    Parrots:
    There's 3 separate starting locations so a lot depends on which you pick (both skills available for builds and looking for people). You can change between campaigns around midgame/earlygame depending on campaign, that's the point to start looking around for skills to make a build and to start hunting for an elite skill you like.

^ Top  
  8. deuxhero Arcane

deuxhero
    Parrots:
    Average Manatee I started in Factions and did the quest to get to Prophecies. I need an E/Me build that only uses stuff Michiko teaches (plus the stuff you're given in the tutorial) and aren't skill quests in Prophecies so I can get to the Prophecies skill quests and trainers.

^ Top  
  9. Rahdulan Arcane Patron

Rahdulan
    Parrots:
    I don't know if it's been pointed out already, but keep in mind groups are mainly sticking to NA district.

^ Top  
  10. deuxhero Arcane

deuxhero
    Parrots:
    Rahdulan
    I'm in NA anyways, so it's not really relevent.

^ Top  
  11. MRY Prestigious Gentleman Wormwood Studios Developer

MRY
    Parrots:
    If you're unsatisfied, let me know. My rule is that players who don't like it can have any of large number of keys I've got from variouys Kickstarters and charity bundles I backed using Primordia proceeds.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Sceptic Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

Sceptic
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin
    If they didn't like Primordia they deserve nothing but Bundle garbage :argh:

• Agree Agree x 4
    ^ Top  
  13. MRY Prestigious Gentleman Wormwood Studios Developer

MRY
    Parrots:
    There is a fair amount of that in the keys, so there's that, at least. :)

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. sser Arcane Cuck Developer

sser
    Parrots:
    Picked up:

SYNTHETIK
    Star Traders: Frontiers
    Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak
    Halo Wars (very meh, should probably refund it if I'm not lazy)
    Ground Control II

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • incline incline x 1
    • popamole popamole x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Average Manatee Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Average Manatee
    Parrots:
    It's been almost a decade since I played and I had pretty much all the skills unlocked, so hard to say. Fire is generally the go-to for PvE. Some of the pulsating AoEs work well in normal mode (though not in hard mode because the AI is smart enough to get out of the area).

^ Top  
  16. deuxhero Arcane

deuxhero
    Parrots:
    Average Manatee
    That's still the case as far as I can find. My current setup is
    Aura of Restoration
    Glyph of ELemental Power
    Glyph of Lesser Energy
    Arcane Echo
    Firestorm/Breath of Fire (experimenting which to use)
    Flare
    Elemental Atunnment (Had to die a few times to get this one)
    Resurrection Signet

Now I'm trying to reach the places in Prophecies with trainers and skill quests.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
    ^ Top  
  17. Average Manatee Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Average Manatee
    Parrots:

Flare is sort of a newbie trap. You're better off running Conjure Fire and wanding, way less energy requirement for basically the same damage. You could use a few more attack spells. Meteor Shower is a good superweapon for taking down bosses, knockdown can take most things out of the fight entirely. The real money elite skills come from Nightfall, with Searing Flames and Savannah Heat (and glowing gaze for energy). Elemental Attunement isn't bad though. Star Burst is also alright if you're brave, and it's Factions. Arcane Echo isn't really worth it unless you're duplicating something amazing with it, and Glyph of Elemental Power is just kind of bad.

EDIT: Apparently Flare got buffed to affect Adjacent enemies if you suffer from overcast, so it's kind of decent now.

Note that spells dealing damage directly are affected by armor, while almost all spells and skills that modify or trigger off attacks are armor ignoring (conditions like burning are also armor ignoring, each pip of degen is -2 HP/s, so -14 HP/s for burning). Conjure fire is one of these that ignores armor on its bonus. This is part of the reason Eles don't really scale well to high-end PvE (almost everything has high armor, health, and in hard mode avoids AoEs). They tend to be one-dimensional fire spammers outside of PvP and very specific farming or area-counter builds in PvE. So you might try a Necromancer/Mesmer/Ritualist if Elementalist starts to get old. Keep in mind that once you've unlocked a skill on any character you can buy it on any other character from any skill trainer, or learn it (or elite skills) from skill books. Similarly Heroes can use all unlocked skills. So a new character can get up to speed pretty quickly thanks to the old one helping out.

Also make sure to familiarize yourself with Guild Wars AoE-size descriptors. Terms like "in the area" and "nearby" are very specific, you can check in the PvP isle test area. Suffice to say that "in the area" of Star Burst is really dang huge. All the great spells you want to spam are at least nearby-range.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Kev Inkline Arcane

Kev Inkline
    Parrots:
    A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    There's absolutely no reason to play GW1 except for the pvp -- and I don't mean the random arenas. The story is borderline horrible and the pve is boring, for its age the game is pretty, though. Originally guild vs guild was meant to be the end game, but then pve kind of caught on among the larger population of players.
    I clocked 2.5K in the game -- playing in a top guild against Koreans is about the best experience I've ever had in a computer game, but that was a fleeting moment.

However, if you insisit on carrying on your tomfoolery and you guys need resources or something, I could have a look through my characters inventories, if I bother to install the client.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. deuxhero Arcane

deuxhero
    Parrots:
    Average Manatee
    I'll grab Conjure Flame. I only kept flare because it was free. Grabbing Star Burst is way above where I am (level 15, A Master's Burden). Grabbing Meteor Shower requires I actually get to the trainer in Tyria, which is proving annoying.

• rolleyes rolleyes x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    Parrots:
    This is a pretty good dual-stick shooter. Only caveat I would underline is the dual-stick part. I thought it controlled like ass with KB&M, as most of those types of games do.

• popamole popamole x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Heretic Savant

Heretic
    Parrots:
    You know that the so called "dual stick shooters" started on PC with Abuse, right?
    If a dual stick shooter controls badly, then that's on the devs.

• not sure if serious not sure if serious x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Unkillable Cat Prestigious Gentleman LEST WE FORGET Patron

Unkillable Cat
    Parrots:
    Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
    I'm gonna have to ask for a clarification on this one, because judging by your text alone you're wrong, no matter how I look at it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Curratum Learned

Curratum
    Parrots:
    Hear, hear, dual-stick shooters on PC started at a time when PCs had no controllers with dual analog sticks! You heard it here first, fellas! :D

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Heretic Savant

Heretic
    Parrots:
    Ok, retard, once again:
    The genre where you control the movement and aiming independently with two hands, which is today called "twin stick shooter", was created on PC.
    If a game from this genre doesn't control well with KB + M, it's the devs' problem, not the genre's problem.

• retadred x 4
    • Participation Award x 2
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • not sure if serious x 1
    • what? x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Unkillable Cat Prestigious Gentleman LEST WE FORGET Patron

Unkillable Cat
    Parrots:
    Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
    *facepalm*

From the top:

Here's an image of the arcade cabinet for Robotron:

[​IMG]

Yup, sure looks like a PC to me!

And just in case you'll try to weasel your way out by saying Abuse was the first Twin Stick Shooter on the PC... wrong again:

I hereby officially request a "Possibly Retarded"-tag on Heretic.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)