Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Alpha protocol did some cool stuff, too bad it was let down by crappy combat and level-design/console-itis plus lots of bugs.
I enjoyed it anyway... Not sure I'd want to put up with its issues a second time, though.

Flawed Gem with heavy emphasis on the *flawed* -part. Know what you're getting into.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Parkan: Iron Strategy, a RTS spin-off of Russian space sim/FPS hybrid series, originally released in 2001:

Enter the futuristic worlds of The Labyrinth, a system of portals that connect planets belonging to unknown star systems. Confront mechanical hordes of rebels and inhospitable alien fauna. Control a squad of battle robots on a battlefield and issue orders to mobile units from inside a well-protected bunker. Create thousands of different battle machines and control them either remotely or from a first-person perspective.

Features:
  • 20 single player missions, which form a series of epic scenarios involving action, simulation, and traditional real-time strategy.
  • Hours of gameplay in 6 hostile worlds, each with their unique environment. Superbly detailed futuristic landscapes, day and night alternation, and realistic weather effects.
  • Multiple views available including the first person from any robot perspective.
  • Thousands of possible robot combinations: bots can be airborne, ground-based, wheeled or on tracks, all with a huge choice of weaponry.

Last edited:

Latelistener

Arcane
Those screenshots are from Parkan 2 though, along with the header.

header.jpg

https://www.gog.com/game/parkan_iron_strategy

Last edited by a moderator:

Latelistener

Arcane
The first game had 75% after 3 months I think. It's Square Enix, what can I say?

Last edited:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Skin Deep, "immersive" sci-fi FPS set in non-linear sandbox spaceship, featuring sneezing and things sticking in your bare-feet. From the developer of Quadrilateral Cowboy, Thirty Flights of Loving, and Atom Zombie Smasher:

Skin Deep is an immersive first-person shooter. We got sneezing. We got things getting stuck in your feet. Stalk through a vast non-linear starship and sneak, subvert, and sabotage to survive in this stellar sandbox. You're outnumbered, outgunned, and have no shoes.

Welcome to Skin Deep!

autopistol_description.png

A WALKING TALKING INSURANCE POLICY
When insurance corporations want to keep valuables safe, they freeze you and stow you onto their cargo starships.

And when space pirates board the starship and trip the silent alarm, you unthaw, take a deep breath, and handle the situation.

Good luck, operative.

icons_description.png

Heretic

Cipher
A not particularly well received JRPG receives the PC remaster treatment:

RimWorld is finally done:

A one-man RPG?

Give zombie brains to gain obedience points

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hitman 2016 has a 76% sale. Is it worth getting so cheap? I loved the originals but passed on this due to the episode bullshit.

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/4854/HITMAN__Game_of_The_Year_Edition/

And yea I dont know how you guys do the steam image linky thing... :(

Strangely, the bundle that includes Blood Money and Absolution actually shows up as cheaper for me: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/4468/HITMAN_Essential_Collection/

You can't do an embed on bundles, only on single games. They work the same as YouTube, Twitter and everything else that can be embedded.

Latelistener

Arcane
Is it worth getting so cheap?
As far as I'm aware of the game is truthful to the original concept, which made Absolute Bald storyfags very unhappy.

However, I don't remember a game from 2016 with so many bullshit business practices in one package: episodic structure + always online DRM + Denuvo. They just needed to add microtransactions for the full set. Square Enix's finest hour.

On the bright side, when IO bought themselves from Square Enix they removed Denuvo. Not sure about always online DRM. I heard if you lose connection, your progress doesn't count.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Is it worth getting so cheap?
As far as I'm aware of the game is truthful to the original concept, which made Absolute Bald storyfags very unhappy.

However, I don't remember a game from 2016 with so many bullshit business practices in one package: episodic structure + always online DRM + Denuvo. They just needed to add microtransactions for the full set. Square Enix's finest hour.

On the bright side, when IO bought themselves from Square Enix they removed Denuvo. Not sure about always online DRM. I heard if you lose connection, your progress doesn't count.

Thats exactly why I avoided it, forced online, episodes etc. Anyway bought it, looks preeeetty good so far. Many, many, many different ways to do first proper mission (Paris). Even though I hate "achievements" I do like the challenge system here, it gives some nice prompts for the various assassinations eg. pushing one target off a balcony to fall on the second target and kill both. Or killing a target with a chandelier while wearing a vampire costume. Oh the LMAO! You do have to be online to actually get any progress which IS total bullshit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom