Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
spellforce 3 and two point hospital... maybe

Melcar

Arcane
This shit sucks balls. Just got my Christmas bonus but Steam has no good sales, GOG has no games I want anymore, already bought computer upgrades for my rig. Shit man, I guess whores.

Not seeing much that's grabbing my attention in the sale. Watch Dogs 2 is pretty cheap at $14, and I'd be more tempted by it if I didn't have a big backlog of games, but $5-10 would make it a lot more enticing. Speaking of the $10 threshold, there's a bundle of 4 Assassin's Creed games that comes out to $10 a pop. Back in the day when Steam sales were Steam sales asscream games would drop to $5 each which is when I'd buy them, but in these dark times $10 might be the new standard. Only problem of course is I still haven't really played any of them but the first anyway. And that's just of "Probably worth a cheap price for the spectacle" mole-poppers. Shit I'm more interested in like Exanima doesn't have any discount at all.

What bout?
The Master of Orion reboot isn't complete shit (Part of the fairly large difference in recent and total reviews are because they did improve it a bit with patches) but it plays a bit more like Civ5 than Master of Orion. I've played a few games of it and it doesn't make me want to hang myself but it isn't really as interesting as the Endless Space games for example. Probably not worth the $7 unless you're really in the mood for some not very innovative but competent enough 4x.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I might pick up 2 or 3 untranslated Chinese games. I don't see any must buy game for now. Sorry, ATOM RPG.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
State of War and Warmonger, two RTSes originally released in early 2000s by Slovakian developer Cypronia:

ss_d4f6f918cd7cfac9e9d0585b185e6d987f08ddfc.600x338.jpg
ss_cd1c75bbd62be6f93a71763ae9d8ba81bcdb87f4.600x338.jpg

Welcome to State of War, the most fascinating real-time strategy of 2001! It includes original 22 explosive missions. The package also includes a standalone sequel State of War: Warmonger with additional 16 missions. Get both classic games for a reasonable price!

FEATURES:

- Massive destruction with debry flying all over the place.
- An awesome graphics engine with numerous special FX
- The strategic element of Air Forces delivering explosive charges to the battlefield.
- An "Advancer" unit which can take over enemy buildings.
- Realistic natural FX like clouds, smoke and flares.
- The best explosions ever!
- Animated cut scenes at the start of each level.

Turjan

Arcane
hey! Turok 2 for 75% off....
For me, it's 50%...

I had a few things I wanted to get, but the discounts seem to be even worse than last year. If there isn't any surprise showing up, I might get nothing this sale. Which isn't the worst thing to happen, either.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Has anyone tried this? I'm kinda curious for $2.50, but I'm scared. Been out less than a year, so I'm guessing sales weren't that great.

hexer

Discounts suck this year!
I'll probably just pick up Forgotten Anne because that one never seems to go lower than 30%

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I'll just link the 'regulars', games that you should own on Steam already because they're (IMO) woefully underpriced considering their true value:

Primordia is part of the "Dark Bundle" that Vorark linked to above, so add that to the list.

Modron

Arcane
Yeah I think a lot of companies are doing lesser sales 50-66% during the big buying rushes of summer/winter sale and saving deeper 75%+ discounts for random midweek madness/weekend deals throughout the year these last couple years because they can squeeze more out of the sheeple in their buying frenzies. Like for years I've been thinking about picking up Dishonored 1 but Zenimax has been doing this shit, base game 75% off, complete edition 66% every sale; however, this time around the full edition is only 50% off kek.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom