Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm looking forward to them. HD, crisp graphics, keyboard & mouse and hopefully 60 FPS without any issues.

Latelistener

Arcane
Shame it's not a simultaneous release. They're going to release them in the chronological order.

The PC version of Halo: MCC will come in stages, with each game released individually, in chronological order, rather than all of them together in one big bundle. That means Halo: Reach will be first, followed by Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST (Campaign), and Halo 4. 343 Industries said that staggered scheduled will enable it to ensure that each game is "right"—emphasis theirs—with PC-standard features including FOV sliders, 4K resolution and ultrawide monitor support, adjustable framerates, and remappable keys. Beyond their initial launch, the games will "evolve and grow over time with community input," Microsoft said.

https://www.pcgamer.com/halo-the-master-chief-collection-is-coming-to-pc/

I kinda doubt Reach will be the first though. Combat Evolved is much easier to bring since it was already on PC.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
dude, judging solely by your signature - do you do anything else besides playing games all day, every day? and looking at the titles, how many times now did you replay each one of them? (genuinely curious)
I am a NEET and I have lots of time. I can just stay focused and play games consistently.
Yes, I replay games. Mostly personal favourites such as Deus Ex and Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory which I usually do once per year. I don't replay games right after I completed them, no. 6 months wait minimum before I even consider a replay.

Villagkouras

Arcane
Halo games have the best maps for couch coop for 2-3 players. Small and fun maps, newer games, if they have couch coop, have boring maps, designed for a lot of players.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Interesting looking thing. Fantastical flying machine simulator inspired by dungeon crawlers and roguelikes:

You've stolen a Nauticrawl and its walls, like the approaching sentinels, are closing in around you. It's time to move. NOW.

Then you realize... you don't know how to move this heap of metal.

nauticrawl-sun.png

Enslaved on an unknown planet, a stolen Nauticrawl is your only hope of escaping the wretched life you were born into. But now that you're at the helm, you have a whole new set of problems. The craft is full of levers, buttons, and gauges that make no sense to you. And even if they did, where would you go?

Uncover the secrets of this world, figure out how to pilot the Nauticrawl, and chart a course for freedom. Or die trying.

nauticrawl-steam-header-radar.gif

• Master foreign contraptions and figure out how to pilot the mysterious Nauticrawl.
  • Explore randomly generated maps while uncovering the secrets of an unknown planet
  • Intercept communications, speak to natives, hack into devices, and chart a path to freedom.

Nauticrawl takes apart dungeon-crawlers and roguelikes of the 90s, and rebuilds them back into a game unlike any you’ve played before. Like the games from the generation that inspired it, Nauticrawl leaves you to your own devices... literally.

nauticrawl-steam-footer.png

There's been quite a few of these fictional machine simulators from indies recently, eh?

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Spellcasting games re-release by Piko is now on Steam:

And an obscure Taiwanese RPG originally released on Sega Genesis:

This is a bonus for our resident horse lovers:

ss_b6d72f34309e45e674f267917529a6a870f06b73.600x338.jpg

The official game based on the feature film "Windstorm - Ari's Arrival"

The steed Windstorm is suffering from anxiety after surviving a fire, and not even Mika is able to help him. Until the feisty Ari arrives on the ranch. Even though she has no experience in riding horses, she quickly befriends Windstorm. Mr. Kaan teaches the girl how to take care of the horse and how to maintain the right posture in the saddle. Will Ari learn to ride as fast as her predecessor Mika? Will she be able to help Windstorm become his old self?

What is behind the legend of the horse warrior that Mr. Kaan is talking about?

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
The 7th Guest: 25th Anniversary Edition, by the same company did mobile remaster of the game and this filtered "remaster" of Simon the Sorcerer.

(They just edited this trailer for mobile version.)

The famous game remastered in a new 25th Anniversary Edition!
The father and mother of all 'Haunted Mansion' games!
Winner of multiple gaming awards and “No. 1 Rated Game of 1994”.
"The new standard in interactive entertainment." - Bill Gates (Founder of Microsoft Corporation, 1993)

Henry Stauf's mansion has been abandoned for as long as anyone dare remember. Stauf was a master toy maker, a maker of amazing puzzles and this strange, eerie, mansion was his greatest creation.
It stands empty, rotting ever since children started dying with his toys near them, ever since six guests came and were never seen again.

Now, you are in the house, moving from one room to another, trying to remember and trying to forget. Because Stauf's game isn't over. There were six guests the world knew about - and there was one other.
The mansion of horror comes to life again and only you can end this mad nightmare and learn the secret of the 7th guest.

The game features:
- Groundbreaking use of full-motion video and dialogue recorded by live actors in a terrifyingly virtual environment.
- Bizarre puzzles to solve and games to play.
- 22 stunningly rendered, devilishly surprising, 3-D rooms await you in this fully explorable haunted mansion.

‘25th Anniversary Edition' features:

- Totally new, much praised, game play controls that were built from the ground up.
* Hotspot based with the option to highlight all hotspots in each game screen.
* Skip quickly any scene.
* Completely new map, which can be access directly from the game screen

- Completely new game menus and save/load system

- Three Music options: The praised, orchestrated, music score re-mastered or the original score in high quality Midi recording or Adlib

- Much improved voice acting audio and all-new, optional subtitles

- High-end graphics upscaling (xBRZ filter) for high-resolution displays

- Optional retro settings: play with original graphics, original music and even the original controls (mouse pointer)

- A lot of extras:
* ‘The Making of’ featurette
* 19 Deleted Scenes and 34 Deleted Audio Parts
* Comprehensive Soundtrack: 36 Tracks to add to your music collection!
* ‘The 7th Guest’ Novel (157 pages)
* The Original Script (104 pages), ‘The Stauf Files’ booklet (20 pages), Original Game Manual (41 pages)
* Legacy Editions as FREE downloadable content (DLCs) for Windows, macOS and Linux (English voice-acting only)

- Multiple languages (ALL included without additional payment):
English voice acting, with or without English, Portuguese, Swedish or Hebrew subtitles
German voice acting with or without German subtitles
French voice acting with or without French subtitles
Russian voice acting with or without Russian subtitles

Nightdive's re-release is still listed on Steam though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom