Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
For some reason Alien Shooter's add-on Fight for Life was not available on Steam, now it's coming:

Shores Unknown, a turn-based RPG with indirect combat control and ""nostalgic"" low-poly visual. Written by former Square Enix translators, apparently:

ss_4763c4567dddc8b0365ef16ed6886a7c3a4436c0.600x338.jpg
ss_edac12511172b61aeec30c5345f8e44b011928d8.600x338.jpg

Cyber Shadow, a 8-bit cyber ninja action game published by Yacht Club Games, the developer of Shovel Knight:

ss_86e290035b2393724b855a936c654c1758709321.600x338.jpg

mwnn85

Savant
For anyone who missed it last time, Metal Gear Solid V: The Definitive Experience is selling for peanuts again @ Gamesplanet.
The Age of Wonders 3 Collection is going cheap again too.
Plus plenty of others in their latest sale.

Borderlands Remastered is meant be a free update to existing owners - that must be why everyone is buying it.
Personally never really cared about it but there was a bit of a trick you could use to get a free STEAM copy with a virtual disk image and the official "Borderlands Granting Tool" - you didn't even need the disk image with the improved version.
Looks like they've stopped it recently.

Last edited:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

Solid Snail

Learned
The 7th Guest: 25th Anniversary Edition, by the same company did mobile remaster of the game and this filtered "remaster" of Simon the Sorcerer.

I see it comes with a legacy dlc for the original game, so is there hope to get this version as free upgrade?

They're giving 60% off coupons. Apparently it stacks with the current base discount (15%), so 75% off.

Math is not your strongest point, my friend. 15% plus a 60% is not a 75% off :)

mwnn85

Savant
Bargain bin time again...
Firaxis' XCOM Enemy Unknown Complete for £3.74 with WINTER MADNESS promo?
Should only be ~£2 with the 100 Voidu coins for registering new accounts.

Worth it for Long War perhaps? Or is it just wasting precious jewgold?
It's not as if I haven't played it or anything; I know it's blatantly inferior to openxcom.
The GOG release doesn't have OSX or a Linux support but it works through WINE and doesn't cost anything :oops:
I'm basically just picking up various games which have STEAM OS support or extremely cheap classics like Max Payne 3, AoW 3, Batman Arkham Collection, etc

Generally it's worth browsing through Voidu's weekly sale page every week or so IMO.
They've got some decent stuff in their complete catalogue buried amongst all the crap.
Usually the cheapest legit reseller too.

EDIT Region locked - XCOM Complete (Europe)

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom