Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Curratum

Jesus freaking Christ, this year's metagame feels like I'm taking a new bachelor's degree...

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I joined team pig because pigs are the obvious superior choice. Trying to figure out the best way to squeeze goodies out of the metagame bullshit. There's a "Buy a bigger discount" thing on offer, but to reach that you need 15,000 good boy points. I apparently can get something like 26,000GBP just from my Slay the Spire achievements (Why? Lord knows), but I'd only actually get a couple thousand because my "Boost meter" is limited, and it says I can expand it. Okay. So I see how to expand it is by spending money during the sale. So I'd have to spend some money to open up the "Boost meter" to get my good boy points to get an extra discount on my tendies, and they don't even specify how much of an extra discount it is and if it's on a full order. If it is it might be worth some bullshit to unlock then place a final order to clean up and squeeze everything from that.

Edit: Oh, so apparently the "Boost meter" starts at 100 by default, but it's increased up to a maximum of 1k based on your account size/purchases/etc. So I'm already maxed out, so my StS GBP excess will apparently be wasted and only GBP generated by purchases carries between days. Well fuck. 1,000GBP a day possible earnings, 15,000GBP to buy the discount, 14-15 days the sale's running. Huh, I must be missing something.

Sure as shit not doing all this crap for a 5 bux discount.

Sure as shit not doing all this crap for a 5 bux discount.
Oh you're right, they did clarify it to say $5 discount on next purchase. Originally it just said "Discount on next purchase". Then what the fuck? I do have to be missing something, because reaching 15,000 points to get that $5 coupon looks exceedingly difficult to do even if you're already starting off as best equipped as you can.

Solid Snail

Learned
I don't know what the fuck is going on. Joined a team, I immediately got a 5€ voucher, which I applied to Myst Collection. But I can't checkout, and Steam locked me out. I'm using credit I have on my Steam wallet.

Ivan

Arcane
Are they doing a similar spend 30 to get 5 type of thing as before? Not going to look at the sale until after work.

I clicked my StS button to see what would happen. Got 3,900 on the odometer and wasted 18,000 apparently. Don't know what that means. Clicked boost. Odometer went to 2,900. Looked at the pit stop to check tokens, I've got 1,000 tokens.

:stunned:

pOcHa

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Like, what the fuck do ya'll even hope to get from the sale anyway? Do you really NOT already have literally everything you would ever want to play AND a gigantic backlog of games you'll never touch to boot?
Need to buy all the train simulator dlc
https://store.steampowered.com/app/24010/Train_Simulator_2019/
yess most of the DLC is 50% off. Time to buy it all.

you weren't kidding? are you maybe german (or sean bean fan)?

ea3.jpg

Curratum

Nobody knows what the fuck they're doing, the game has like eleven pages of rules and nothing is intuitive.

Curratum

Right, so if you use the BOOST YOUR TEAM button, you get tokens. 15,000 of those will give you a 5 EUR discount from your next purchase.

Okay, I sorta figured it out. Sorta. Odometer is "Points", but it doesn't do you any good until you click the boost button. Boost somehow turns odometer into "Tokens" in lumps of up to 1,000. Kept clicking boost until I ran out, and now I have 3,900 tokens. I have no fucking idea how to actually influence the race but I don't really care about that part since the odds of winning the giveaways would be minuscule, but this seems like I could maybe get the $5 coupon in a few days which is alright. Confusing as fuck though, they should've just done it like the Chinese new year sale.

Edit: Curratum got it a smidge earlier!

Edit 2: Wait a minute, Gaben you lying sack of shit. I didn't get ANY tokens to start with. "Your account received 5,000 tokens based on your previous spend on Steam."

Edit 3: Intredasting. That 5,000 tokens became boost meter "Your account received 5,000 Boost Meter capacity based on your previous spend on Steam.". It's like they're writing all this bullshit the day it launches.

Last edited:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I've managed to pick a team... and not much more. Everything's too laggy to get anything done.

Managed to check my wishlist, though. I have a $20 game with a 50% discount, that's the best deal in there. :/

I wonder what kind of idle game they have set up this year...

I joined team pig because pigs are the obvious superior choice. Trying to figure out the best way to squeeze goodies out of the metagame bullshit. There's a "Buy a bigger discount" thing on offer, but to reach that you need 15,000 good boy points. I apparently can get something like 26,000GBP just from my Slay the Spire achievements (Why? Lord knows), but I'd only actually get a couple thousand because my "Boost meter" is limited, and it says I can expand it. Okay. So I see how to expand it is by spending money during the sale. So I'd have to spend some money to open up the "Boost meter" to get my good boy points to get an extra discount on my tendies, and they don't even specify how much of an extra discount it is and if it's on a full order. If it is it might be worth some bullshit to unlock then place a final order to clean up and squeeze everything from that.

Edit: Oh, so apparently the "Boost meter" starts at 100 by default, but it's increased up to a maximum of 1k based on your account size/purchases/etc. So I'm already maxed out, so my StS GBP excess will apparently be wasted and only GBP generated by purchases carries between days. Well fuck. 1,000GBP a day possible earnings, 15,000GBP to buy the discount, 14-15 days the sale's running. Huh, I must be missing something.

WHAT IN THE GODDAMN...?

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Like, what the fuck do ya'll even hope to get from the sale anyway? Do you really NOT already have literally everything you would ever want to play AND a gigantic backlog of games you'll never touch to boot?
Need to buy all the train simulator dlc
https://store.steampowered.com/app/24010/Train_Simulator_2019/
yess most of the DLC is 50% off. Time to buy it all.

Lol even at discount they cost about 3584 euros,that means that I wouldn't be able to buy them since the main account that is linked to my card has about 2100 euros at the moment,I would have to transfer some money from my other account to get them

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
WTF Devil May Cry V has a 34% dscount but the older DMC HD collection isn't even on sale?

BTW South Park Fractured but Whole has a 90% discount,biggest one so far,is this one worth it?Played the first and liked it but I thought it was a bit short and without any replayability so wasn't worth the full price.What's the Kodex Kritical Konsensus on the second one?

PS. Who the fuck made that stupid Summer Sale Race metagame,this thing is more complicated than half the games on sale

Last edited:

Curratum

This is fascinating shit. It's been 4 hours since it started and the main store page still timeouts 10 times in a row.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom