Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Hobo Elf, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Azalin Arcane Patron

Azalin
    And it's on until the 28th

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. mck Arbiter

mck
    wait is the spring cleaning event not a sale? what is the point

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 3
    ^ Top  
  3. Multi-headed Cow Scholar

Multi-headed Cow
    The new games are the ones in our hearts, unplayed and purchased from previous sales.

:love:

• Friendly x 4
    • Brofist x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Despair x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    Nice. Blaster Master Zero, remake of 1988 NES metroidvania-ish action Blaster Master, is coming to Steam:

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    • incline incline x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Dexter Arcane

Dexter
    Seems to be more of a "LOOK AT YOUR BACKLOG YOU FUCKING RETARD!" event.

That said, there are various games that are Free to Play/Try during the Weekend without having to buy them and also have discounts additional to that, like:

Also Assetto Corsa and Left4Dead 2.

• quality shit quality shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Heretic Erudite

Heretic

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Modron Arcane

Modron
    Spellforce 3 expac is released

Constructor slightly updated edition

Someone translate this

Early access space rpg, looks interesting awaiting kodex kritical konsensus.

Another retro racer

Layers of Fear 2 came out as well if horror games are your thing.

Last edited: May 29, 2019
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    I heard PC gamers like to manage things.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

description (open)

Hammerting is a vertical dwarven mining colony sim with RPG elements.

Manage a clan of colorful dwarves, establish an epic mining operation, craft legendary swords and delve deep for greater glory, riches... and danger.

With a war raging on the surface, the dwarves pledge to delve deep and, as the master craftspeople they are, produce and supply whatever is needed. From humble beginnings, you start with a few, hurried dwarves who need to set up operations. Ultimately, your small clan of dwarves will be known throughout the Upper Realms for their skill, and the base will span kilometers.

Crafting for Victory
    Allies on the surface have all manner of requests. Dwarves may find themselves asked to craft oodles of silver swords against an oncoming vampire army. For an elf princess’s coronation, they’ll wish for nothing less than a Legendary Diamond-Encrusted Gold Crown of Divine Ruling +3.
    • With the overworld in need, every successful delivery takes you one step closer to triumphing against evil.
    • As your dwarves increase in skill and your base expands, build conveyor belts and elevators to free them of manual labor.
    Colorful Personalities
    Does Åglöf’s fancy ancestry clash with Vargskreva’s humble upbringing? Is your explorer afraid of the dark? Has your master crafter reached her Ballmer Peak? Exploit your dwarves’ strengths as well as their weaknesses to succeed.

• Each dwarf is richly and uniquely defined through it’s stats, dwarven ancestry, traits, abilities, equipment, movement set, and more.
    • A dwarf may go out of her way to achieve her goals - and they may not always align with the player’s.
    • Events in a dwarf’s life can give them new abilities and traits.
    Skilled Craftspeople
    Anyone can craft an iron sword; but only dwarves can haggle a Crystal Cave Dragon to sell her fiery plasma breath, pump it up to a Andthril Forge of Doom and use it to craft an... Iron Sword +2.

• With every strike of the hammer on the anvil, a skilled dwarf has a chance to crit, making the result all that much better.
    • The chain for completing a single great item is long. First, find and mine some gold ore. Carry it home. Smelt it into ingots. Take the ingots and make a crown. Take the crown to the jeweler and insert perfectly cut rubies, imbuing it with a glow that radiates happiness to everyone around. Then take it to the runesmith and inscribe it with a powerful dwarven rune.
    Elegant Home
    Technically, one could design doors and rooms roughly sized after the person using them, but that is not the dwarven way. A leeway margin of at least 5.25 meters is recommended in the Dwarven Architecture Handbook, but of course, that was written by a half-dwarf, half-environmentalist. Real dwarves need at least 11 meters.
    • The dwarves like to give everything they do an extra touch. Hanging banners around the base, polishing their walkways, and replacing ladders with grandiose elevators are all things that make the dwarves happy.
    Living Cave
    Dwarven Beer Recipe: Farm wheat, preferably in a dry, but not barren biome. Grind it, put it in a lake, and boil for two weeks. Hunt down and add three Malty Slimes, stir. Boil for another week. Chill. Add two liters of yeast from a Sweaty Swamp Ogre (find them by following the stench of Musty Mangrove Moss), cover and ferment.

• Biomes ranging from sandy deserts to nordic forests and blistering lava caves. Of course each biome is visually unique and contains its own set of flora, fauna, hazards, special locations, and events.
    • Plants can be farmed, or harvested in the wild.
    • Indigenous creatures can be attacked, used to your advantage, or simply avoided.
    Verticality
    Dwarves are big on elevators, but not so much on free falling. It follows that they’d have their own takes on hellevators. For example, members of Clan Steelbrow prefer a traditional shaft dug straight down, straddled by a crane with a 300 meter rope, and nothing but a barrel to stand in. Needless to say, the barrel’s built-in bar is stocked with ale.
    • Only in the deepest depths will you find the most powerful materials, the warmest magma, the rarest treasures, and the most dangerous conditions.
    • Figuring out the fastest and safest route down - and up again - is a chief concern, but you’ll have plenty of unique dwarven mechanisms to help you do so.
    • Features liquid and physics mechanics for pumping lava to your hearths, brewing beer, tossing torches down shafts to light up the unknown, and more.
    Modding
    Don’t like the game? No worries, just buy it anyways and mod it to your heart’s content!
    • Use the bundled SDK to create pre-packaged mods.
    • Add or replace any of the game’s assets
    • Not just limited to “data” assets such as textures, you can also script and write new full blown systems in native C++.
    End note
    Please wishlist the game, come join us on Discord and follow us on Twitter!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

description (open)

There are whispers of something ancient stirring beneath the moss and stone. The creatures of the forest stay close to their groves and tread lightly on their trails... Because they know those paths converge at the heart of the forest, and fear what has awoken there.

Explore the deep forests in this folklore fantasy tale that pushes the boundaries of strategy games:
    • Settle villages and expand your kingdom in an open world, teeming with magical creatures and strange civilizations.
    • Grow your economy by specializing each village to best use nearby resources.
    • Complete quests to advance your story and gain standing with the creatures of the forest.
    • Focus your production to equip your army with powerful weapons and abilities.
    From the author
    Trollskog is developed independently, taking into account the feedback from players while also staying true to my vision of what the strategy genre can be. I'm happy to present Trollskog to you now, and look forward to hearing your thoughts and ideas as the game continues to grow.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

description (open)

The Orc King has finally decided that you are ready to start your own colony. You are given a single Builder and a goblin plus some crowns and stones to get you started. There is also a working silver mine so that you can get your economy up and running.

It is up to you to dig deep underground and build rooms to attract new orcs. Don't forget to provide your orcs with food, a place to eat and beds for them to sleep in or they will be angry and just leave the colony.

You will also need to plan where to mine ores for crowns (silver, gold, emerald) or for weapons and armor (copper, iron, mithril).

You can also attract Orc Champions to raid nearby human or even orc settlements. It is better to send your champions with the best armor and weapons you have which will greatly increase the chance of success.

Remember do not raid too fast and too far or the Human King or even the Orc King will send their own soldiers to your colony!

Key Features:
    • 15 Rooms you can build and upgrade for more efficiency
    • Build Elevators to connect the different levels of your colony
    • Form raiding parties that consists of Orc Champions to send to raid nearby human or orc settlements
    • Orcs will get hungry and sleepy and will search for the nearest bedroom or dining room

And this is re-release of 2002 game.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

description (open)

Become the ultimate hotel-mogul! You now have the chance to prove your managerial and planning skills in the hotel industry. Keep paying guests happy and success will be the reward. From a small, family-owned bed-and-breakfast to a large, secluded megahotel for the stars, the hotels that you can manage come in all shapes and styles.

You are at the forefront of the tourism industry, owning and managing a hotel in one of more than 20 cities around the world. Starting out small with a hotel for business travelers, your challenge is to build a successful business, overcoming all obstacles that the exciting world of business management can provide.

You have the opportunity to place the hotel virtually at any location and have total control over the look and atmosphere of your foyer, guest rooms and all the other components that go into making a top hotel.

Success or failure is only a holiday season away – so start your career now and build up your own hotel imperium.

Features:
    • Various different hotel types (urban, resort, theme-hotels)
    • Cool advertising possibilities
    • Different accommodations (guest rooms, restaurants, bar, fitnesscenter...)
    • Realistic and detailed simulation
    • Lovely crafted interior and design possibilities

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Solid Snail Learned

Solid Snail
    Completed all the games in the Castlevania Collection. I really liked all of them, including the first Adventure which should be shit. Had a lot of fun, I want more collections like this one.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    ^ Top  
  10. Modron Arcane

Modron
    They are Billl Conan Unconquered gets released to middling reviews.

Sup Drog?en is out.

Possibly interesting sidescrolling turnbased tactics game.

Latest Assetto Corsa installment comes out of early access

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Heretic Erudite

Heretic

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014

[​IMG] [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • incline incline x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Heretic Erudite

Heretic

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • nice nice x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    Unconventional Warfare, a waifu tactics, likely inspired by Valkyria games:

Demo: https://duque.itch.io/uw

• Brofist x 1
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Interesting x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    BLAST-AXIS, a 6DoF shooter where you control a wrecking drone equipped with chaninsaw and welding beam, blast alien invaders:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

• Participation Award Participation Award x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Solid Snail Learned

Solid Snail

Free

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
    • Brofist Brofist x 3
    • nice nice x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. El Presidente Literate

El Presidente
    Yeah I thought this was going to be a sale, why is Steam trying to make me move deeper into my backlog when all I want is to make it bigger and even more impossible to clean :negative:

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. oldmanpaco Master of Siestas

oldmanpaco

Finally a game for lesbians.

• Kitty x 3
    • Up Yours x 1
    • incline x 1
    • FAKE NEWS x 1
    • Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. markec Twitterbot Patron

markec
    Codex 2012 Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

• incline x 5
    • Brofist x 1
    • nice x 1
    • Interesting x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    It's a steal for $2, really fun.

• Yes Yes x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Azalin Arcane Patron

Azalin
    The DLC is good too,so I would suggest the complete edition

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. ScrotumBroth Scrotal Projection Patron

ScrotumBroth
    Grab the Codex by the pussy
    This game looks ridiculously fun, thanks for spreading awareness. Grabbed the complete pack.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    I'll buy that too I s'pose. Edit: No I won't, I have it on GOG. I think it was a freebie at one point.

Now is also that often occuring time where an indie game everyone cums over that I'm theoretically interested in but know I'll likely never actually play is on sale, this time "Inside."

• Yes Yes x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Multi-headed Cow Scholar

Multi-headed Cow
    :outrage:

• Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 4
    • Excited! x 2
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • incline x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. StrongBelwas Learned Patron

StrongBelwas
    Has this already been announced and I missed it? Looks like some kind of Vampire the Masquerade Visual Novel?

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)