Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Dexter

Arcane
Think I finally figured out how to squeeze out maximum shekels from the game. Still have no fucking idea how the metagame is supposed to be played, but that's unimportant. That's for people who join corgi because they think they're going to win a free game and post about it on Reddit. Capitalist swine such as myself instead deign to occasionally poke at the damn thing until repeatable results fall out.
The Red number where it says "/ RED PTS ODOMETER" is based on recent purchases previous to or during the Sale, remaining points from the Lunar Sale and increases by 100 every day you participate in the "race" and indicates total number of possible points. If you buy things on Steam I think it also increases by $1 = 100PTS; 1€ = 121PTS.
5c1ixiw.jpg

You need to hit the "BOOST" and you exchange up to 1000PTS into 1000 Tokens you can trade in here: https://store.steampowered.com/pitstop (at the bottom there's also a FAQ that says something like "Your account received 5,000 Boost Meter capacity based on your previous spend on Steam.")

The two things that make the most sense are either the 5$/€ Coupon or if you won't reach that amount the "Grand Prix Badge"; people are using that to "Level Up" their Steam account for e-peen, 1000 Tokens = 1000XP and a few Levels.

You need to also raise the points to the left of the Red number in the Display area till it is about equal that of the right (the fastest way this seems to work is Idling for 30 minutes in a game you unlocked many and rare Achievements in, but there's also some tasks like Curing patients in Two Point Hospital or similar you can idle for 10 points each in fast mode), then you can "BOOST" all of it into Tokens.
03KKgWM.jpg

There are still some unknowns. First, I'm not sure if multiple $5 coupons can stack. Second, I'm not sure if you can unlock more than one $5 coupon
They seem to stack up to 6x, the 7th disappears:
2LDnqeg.jpg

lQInuTe.jpg

Last edited:
The Red number where it says "/ RED PTS ODOMETER" is based on recent purchases previous to or during the Sale, remaining points from the Lunar Sale and increases by 100 every day you participate in the "race" and indicates total number of possible points. If you buy things on Steam I think it also increases by $1 = 100PTS; 1€ = 121PTS.
Yeah, the previous odometer gains seem pretty fucky. Especially because mine claims I should be getting 5,000 from a previous sale, but I'm capped at 3,900 having spent nothing during this sale thus far. Already figured out the idling on achievements, hence all that rambling. In fact I would take a guess at if people actually wanted to play the game you're supposed to sit on your odometer so it's just over 1,000, since that seems to be what adjusts your speedo nail. So there's probably a degree of idle game in there too, you're just supposed to deny turning points into tokens to help the team because... They're banking on people forgetting to turn in tokens so they're lost, maybe? Still doesn't matter much but it's weird.

Thanks for mentioning that they stack though. It's still a little risky because if Valve changes how this shit works while the event's running it could be fairly ugly, but eh. I've been totting up my semi-reasonable high price single purchases to see what would get me the most coupons over the run of the sale. I don't really want to go whole hog and drop $120 for a coupon every day since that's too risky even though it's still a pretty good deal.

Solid Snail

Learned
In the end I got Forsaken Remastered, Myst 3 and 4, Simon The Sorcerer 1 and 2 for 10€ total thanks to the vouchers I had. And probably that's all I get in the sale, unless I'll manage to get other vouchers without spending money.

Last edited:
alright I got like 70,000 of these tokens wtf do I do with them
Keep your farming up big spender. With a $700 dunk like that you can potentially earn 65 $5 coupons over the course of the sale.

Edit: God damn. Going through ridiculous mental gymnastics to figure out how much I want to spend based on potential maximum coupons earned over the sale, since it's most effective to buy during the first day to increase your "Earnings" over the event.
Right now I'd get 3 coupons over the sale if I spent $0. If I bought Dark Souls Remaster, Project Warlock, and Amid Evil I'd spend $26 but earn 6 coupon over the sale, essentially meaning those 3 games would total $11 which I'm perfectly content with.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
If anyone's looking into buying Kingdom Come: Deliverance DLCs like me, there's a seperate Royal DLC pack that doesn't show up on store page, which is much cheaper than rebuying Royal Edition or upgrading the collection.

https://store.steampowered.com/sub/368777/
is there any way to open it in steam client instead of browser?
copy/paste "steam://nav/console" without quotations into your browser's navigation bar, hit enter
copy/paste "open https://store.steampowered.com/sub/368777/"

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Ended up with a finely honed order of Project Warlock, Gold But Hole, and Amid Evil (Dusk bundle to save a couple bucks more) for $34 after tax which would become $19 after the extra coupons that order will generate over the course of the sale. Then I said fuck it and ordered Neofeud and Heat Signature too which will become $4 total after the additional coupon they'll bring along.

Apocalyptic worst case scenario and coupons don't work/Valve yanks them, I spent $43 for a stack of 5 games that all sound pretty fun/interesting even if I would've waited for bigger discounts on them if the coupons didn't exist. If the coupons work, $23 for those 5 games which is absolutely a price I would've spent. And then with the 3 coupons I would've generated naturally over the sale without spending anything, $8. Lotta variance in those outcomes but even the worst outcome isn't bad enough to bother me so what the hell. This is definitely one of the weirdest Steam sales.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer

Citizen

Wanted to buy rimworld, but it's not on sale :cry:
So, Outward, Predestination and Heretic Operative - any of these worth buying?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom