Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Hobo Elf, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Ivan Arcane

Ivan
    what's the most efficient way to earn vouchers? cheevos? or just idling on any game you've already earned cheevos for?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. markec Twitterbot Patron

markec
    Codex 2012 Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    I'm downloading several games in which I have lots of achievements, you need to play it for 30 min to unlock it for points.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. normie Learned Zionist Agent

normie
    come on, man

https://github.com/Ezzpify/HourBoostr

^ Top  
  4. Unkillable Cat Prestigious Gentleman LEST WE FORGET Patron

Unkillable Cat
    Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
    So wait... the odometer resets to 100 every day? And if I want to boost it up again, I have to make purchases every day?

Yeah, I don't think that's gonna happen.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. markec Twitterbot Patron

markec
    Codex 2012 Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    I think you need to have those games installed before they are seen on the race screen.

^ Top  
  6. normie Learned Zionist Agent

normie
    nah, I just idled nu vegas, and that's all the idling I'll need for the entire sale

• nice nice x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Villagkouras Arbiter

Villagkouras
    It should be 200 today, 300 tomorrow etc. That's what I got from the "rules".

Anyway, the whole thing is a mess, I wonder why they bother, just slap the discounts and call it a sale.

^ Top  
  8. Latelistener Cipher

Latelistener
    Valve fucked this up so badly. I got only 2249 PTS, although it says that I was suppose to receive 4000 for my previous purchases + whatever left from Lunar sale + 100.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Apparently, someone got 0 while others got a negative amount of tokens. I don't know how is that possible, but it is.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 7
    • decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Curratum Savant

Curratum
    Game seems bugged, still says I have 100 capacity and it's day 2, plus I bought a bunch of games.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Abu Antar Tweet, tweet Patron

Abu Antar
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    I don’t get this STEAM sale. Points, boosts and other crap. Oh well, I’m not planning to buy anything in this sale.

^ Top  
  11. Zombra Arcane Patron

Zombra
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    It's another free game for people who already like games, that generates a lot of interest and therefore revenue. Not to mention it's a nice boost to Valve's reputation as a playful, friendly company.

Look, even in this thread we have prestigious Codexers pouring time, energy, and $ into getting good at whatever the hell this is. Now multiply that by the stupidity, boredom, and susceptibility of 3 billion "average gamers". $$$$$$$

• gimme dem dolla bills x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • No x 1
    • Makes you think... x 1
    • WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Unkillable Cat Prestigious Gentleman LEST WE FORGET Patron

Unkillable Cat
    Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
    I bought three titles, the new DLC for Don't Starve, an interesting game called Hyperspace Delivery Service (that I've yet to try out) and then the early access title Dungeon of Dragon Knight, which is a clear Legend of Grimrock rip-off. I gave that a short go, but came across this interesting bug where I climbed down a ladder, tried to turn around and somehow casually drifted out of the map. So yeah, work in progress, but looks and feels good so far.

And I only got 100 pts for Day 2 of the race, even though I'm supposed to get 200.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  13. Curratum Savant

Curratum
    I feel compelled to drop this here as it's the best thing you can play in this day and age that is not Dungeon Keeper 1/2 and I can't stop the urge to shill

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Cheers!! Cheers!! x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Multi-headed Cow Scholar

Multi-headed Cow
    Looks like that's the case, even though under the rules they specifically say "Hey bro you can increase your capacity but there's no way to decrease your capacity". In fact they ONLY mention growing your capacity, and I went from 7,400 capacity yesterday to 1,300 today. Even though your boost meter is supposed to increase by 100 every day of the sale, too.

Looks like it's the nightmare scenario and Gaben got me. :dance:

• Despair Despair x 2
    ^ Top  
  15. markec Twitterbot Patron

markec
    Bought this two:

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Yes Yes x 2
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. normie Learned Zionist Agent

normie
    oh wow, I'm definitely getting Bastard Bonds

[​IMG]

• WTF am I reading x 3
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Up Yours x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • Salute x 1
    • Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. mastroego Arcane

mastroego
    Nothing from my wishlist got a decent discount, nor am I in hurry for anything.
    I've bought even stuff at full price when I was, but, right now, I am not.

So I guess I'll skip this sale too.
    Unless my fellow Codexers manage to highlight something that's actually worth it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Irata Educated

Irata
    So essentially you need to spend (or have recently spent) 150 USD in the store to get one 5 dollar voucher? Clearly Valve doesn't think Epic is threat.

Yet another mediocre sale too. If I agree to waive my right to refund games can I get the old flash sales back please?

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Latelistener Cipher

Latelistener
    History low:

Will be released soon:

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Matalarata Arcane Patron

Matalarata

Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

:obviously:

• Excited! Excited! x 3
    • incline incline x 2
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Multi-headed Cow Scholar

Multi-headed Cow
    Another thing I noticed that they changed after the fact, the point reward for completed achievements on games was halved (Or more). 100% on Primordia being worth 22,000 yesterday now being worth 11,000 today for example, which is still a moot point given that they completely neutered the capacity for points. Apparently should've been taking screenshots of every page at every point, just like multiple rules changed yesterday (The starting bonus tokens turning into capacity which was then never added to my account anyway as one example) they're still fucking with stuff. They'll probably magically add a listing in the rules that says "Oh yeah bro your capacity resets every day" too.

• cool story bro cool story bro x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Haba Harbinger of Decline Patron

Haba
    Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Bastard Bonds is a great game, for that price is a steal.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Belegarsson Savant Patron

Belegarsson
    Got

which is only 7 bucks in my country, thanks Koei :M

and

even though I haven't finished Yakuza 0.

I just realized that my most favorite 4 games of this year are all Japanese games (RE2, DMC5, Sekiro and Phoenix Wright trilogy), hope I can keep that streak :bounce:

• Yes Yes x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Curratum Savant

Curratum
    Freaking Russkies! :argh:

I'm in Eastern Europe too and my financial situation is as shitty as that of a Russian but I get German prices.

Also, the metagame is so bugged, it's not funny.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • :( :( x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. infidel Arcane Developer

infidel
    Don't forget green and yellow ones. I'm for the green and yellow is for DXHR lovers out there.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)