Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Curratum

Tried the Valfaris demo, for some reason ran like dogshit on an i5 and a 4gb RX 570, like literal slowdown and 20-ish fps.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I played it recently, had no problems at all, maybe they optimized it

The real question is though, are you a Contra 3 or a Contra: Hard Corps man?

Trick question, I prefer Super Probotector

Curratum

I'm neither, I mostly replay the two NES ones - Contra and Super C.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

I'm neither, I mostly replay the two NES ones - Contra and Super C.

You know this one? (never played it myself)

Last edited:

Curratum

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Distant Kingdoms, a "unique blend of City Building, Social Management, Exploration and Adventure gameplay," published by Kasedo Games, Kalypso's indie label:

ss_882c94325d2e2dc1cc52ed8baa4cf3890188bed0.600x338.jpg
ss_fed618c7d2f235971d940de546ed79715800a2da.600x338.jpg

A unique blend of City Building, Social Management, Exploration and Adventure gameplay, Distant Kingdoms brings a rich fantasy world to life.

Help the Humans, Dwarves, Elves and Orcs of Talam, begin anew in the fabled land of Ineron.
  • Build a sprawling network of towns and villages as you forge a civilisation.
  • Provide for your people's needs through a deep web of production lines as they move through the Social strata from Peasants to Nobles. Catering to each race’s unique desires.
  • Explore a new world filled with secrets, quests and magic. Create Tabletop RPG-like adventuring parties and have them venture out into the unexplored mists. Help decide their fate through a choose your own adventure style quest and event system.
  • Deal with troublesome creatures, from Dragons to Imps, Wraiths and Trolls.
  • Help the disparate races come together across multiple maps and scenarios in a grand campaign to save their civilisations from ruin.
  • Watch your settlements change depending on the demographics of each area.
  • Accessible gameplay for beginners, with complexity hidden underneath for experienced players.
  • Everything is Moddable: Alter races, add your own, create events, quests and more.

Not related, Haemimont's 2005 Warcraft 3-like Rising Kingdoms is getting re-release on Steam:

ss_201605e4018da4658177ac9b5ad7451a87840f06.600x338.jpg
ss_e37afe2ae0bc6bb96434ede294f3f5b15ece3e31.600x338.jpg

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko I see this is listed on this thread: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.p...mes-that-arent-commercially-available.112686/

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
If you were to recommend a relatively low priced JRPG in the sale to someone who hasn't really liked a JRPG in 15 years but wants to give them a go again despite himself, which would you suggest? Only one I own already is Tales of Symphonia, which I have not played. "Well go play that fuckwit" is an acceptable answer.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If you were to recommend a relatively low priced JRPG in the sale to someone who hasn't really liked a JRPG in 15 years but wants to give them a go again despite himself, which would you suggest? Only one I own already is Tales of Symphonia, which I have not played. "Well go play that fuckwit" is an acceptable answer.
Do you accept Chinese game suggestions? Play Tale of Wuxia or Tale of Wuxia: The Pre-Sequel. If not:

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
Ys Origin
Xanadu Next
Chrono Trigger

Final Fantasy IX but it’s only 20% off. Same goes for Romancing SaGa 2.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Kingdom Come: Deliverance and Warhammer: 40,000 Mechanicus were the games I got and it wasn’t even via Steam sale. Got both via Humble Monthly.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Kingdom Come: Deliverance and Warhammer: 40,000 Mechanicus were the games I got and it wasn’t even via Steam sale. Got both via Humble Monthly.

Yeah, same here. Was going to pull the trigger finally on Kingdom Come, but luckily it was in the monthly(don't think missing a few hours worth of DLC matters when I've already put in 20 hrs in the main game). Also glad about Surviving Mars. Mechanicus too saved a crappy last month.

I did get Bastard Bonds though from the sale.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I bought Stranger of Sword City just before end of sale. Not a JRPG per se, but a Japanese blobber that prestigious minds recommend. I like what little I've seen so far.

It goes 50% off all the time, link for ease of reference.

Bought Monolith and complete Pathfinder. Then yesterday wanted to play Splinter Cell Chaos Theory again and bought SC 1 as well with a 5 dollar discount I didn't even know I'd earned. Last time I beat Splinter Cell on PC the spotlightis at the beginning of the Abattoir weren't displayed correctly. There seem to be way more fixes now.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
I don't know who recommended this but bought it during the sale and thoroughly enjoyed it. So thanks! Only took about an hour to hour-and-a-half to finish, but it had ok puzzles and good presentation and humour.

Also got West of Loathing, which also seems great so far.

edit: Seems the recommender was lightbane, so
rating_brofist.png
to you!

edit2: Also seems the developer has a second similar game on the pipeline.

Last edited:

Solid Snail

Learned
How are dlcs integrated into Kingdom Come? Is it one of those games in which dlcs are build inside the game like Tyranny and you need to actually start a new playthrough in order to access dlcs or they have their own menu?

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
How are dlcs integrated into Kingdom Come? Is it one of those games in which dlcs are build inside the game like Tyranny and you need to actually start a new playthrough in order to access dlcs or they have their own menu?

When you install it, a NPC somewhere in the game will give you the quest depending on where you are(if you progressed far enough). I got the HB version which only has the tournament DLC(which I guess must have been some kind of preorder bonus since it's not something to buy). I'm about 15 hours in at level 5 though I'm just riding round exploring a lot, grinding some stats...but I understand that all the DLC together is probably a third to half of what I've played so I dunno if it's worth getting except at steep discount if you have the base game already).

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

When you install it, a NPC somewhere in the game will give you the quest depending on where you are(if you progressed far enough). I got the HB version which only has the tournament DLC(which I guess must have been some kind of preorder bonus since it's not something to buy). I'm about 15 hours in at level 5 though I'm just riding round exploring a lot, grinding some stats...but I understand that all the DLC together is probably a third to half of what I've played so I dunno if it's worth getting except at steep discount if you have the base game already).

I think the tournament is just a free update the game got.

Perkel

Arcane
Steam Recomender. Based on NN recomends games for you with switches for popularity-niche , older-newer and few filters.

Scary good for me. Pretty much recomends me games i don't have on steam but i know they are pretty fucking good. That "Niche" stuff is really really really really nice.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom