Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

CreamyBlood

Arcane
Oh yes, I don't disagree, very fun with friends, even the third one. Great mindless adventure shooting and two bucks is a great deal if you don't have them already. It just feels like they've been repackaging the same games over and over again for the last decade or so.

I want to play this one:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Oh yes, I don't disagree, very fun with friends, even the third one. Great mindless adventure shooting and two bucks is a great deal if you don't have them already. It just feels like they've been repackaging the same games over and over again for the last decade or so.

This I have to agree with 100%, except I'll take it a step further: They've been doing this for the past 15 years at the least. At this point I only have Serious Sam 4 wishlisted out of sheer curiosity, as in "how the fuck are they going to make this relevant in today's market?"

Meanwhile, I now have a (somewhat) upgraded version of the originals to play with, and my primary co-op partner could use a night off from the missus and kids.

Modron

Arcane
Nobody linked this here but Savage the Shard of Gosen hit early access a few days ago

Jason Liang keeps the original installed just to play the card game.

Children of Morta an ARPG with local coop and upcoming online coop

Das Gesundheit is half off at the moment

The second south park game is 90% off again

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane
I saw some LotR card game, check the store page and it's a fucking HS clone because of course it is.

mastroego

Arcane
I saw some LotR card game, check the store page and it's a fucking HS clone because of course it is.
If you're talking about The Lord of the Rings: Adventure Card Game, then you're in grave error.

It's a port/reinterpretation of a physical solo/co-op card game (you play against "Sauron", not against other players), and it's pretty great.
I've reviewed it before when it was in alpha.
I strongly recommend it.

NO HELP IS COMING. NO RESCUE IS EN ROUTE. ESCAPE IS NOT AN OPTION.

Experience a desperate fight for survival in Negative Atmosphere, a 3rd person survival horror set aboard the gargantuan space faring vessel the Rusanov. A mysterious epidemic has overwhelmed the ship and transformed the confines into a nightmarish hell-scape, its cause unknown.

Among the victims of the plague, including the ship's malfunctioning and afflicted artificial intelligence's is a doctor by the name of Samuel Edwards. Edwards is one of few survivors of the tragedy; an ex Canadian Space Pioneers regimental medic with a grim past of campaign service. You will need to navigate through an increasingly hostile and desolate ship environment where resources are scarce, ammo is limited and the only way to heal yourself is with your own two hands- so don't lose them!

Your survival is... unlikely.

FORGED WITH UNREAL ENGINE 4.

SOCIAL:

Our Subreddit: https://ww.reddit.com/r/NegativeAtmos...
Our Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/negativeatmos...
Our Twitter: https://twitter.com/NeAtDev
Our Discord: https://discord.gg/2s8eq7F

Vorark

Erudite
Bandai Scamco is the publisher, what did you expect? They usually pull shit like this.

Dexter

Arcane

Dexter

Arcane
Aladdin and The Lion King apparently getting HD re-releases:

48657576372_3a029d9604_z.jpg

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Vanquish Steam keys on sale for $4,49 on Chrono.gg for another 6 hours or so. 3rd person shooter done right. Haven't played the PC port yet, but can't see why it'd be any worse than playing it on the PS3.

Modron

Arcane
Starpoint Gemini 3 lands on early access with a limited time bonus copy of starpoint gemini 2 which in a deal not seen in a long time is granted to you as a giftable copy if you already own it.

Spyro got a pc port

Busy day so far

Thought this looked pretty cool

Celtic Kings: Rage of War got rereleased.

PrettyDeadman

Published by the Encased developers. Failed kickstarter several months back.

Only positive reviews with "Product recieved for free" checked.
Hmm...

About half of reviews have tag Product recieved from free, but there is still a dozen of regular reviews. Most are positive.
Out of 33 reviews only 1 is negative (but it does provide good points of why it is negative).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom