Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Welcome to Nivalis, a cyberpunk city made with voxels

Hi Imgur (◕‿◕) How many of you always wanted to fly around a futuristic cyberpunk city? Well, I always wanted to, and 3 years ago I thought why not make a game about it. But designing and building an entire city with the budget of an indie developer is extremely challenging.

So I started looking into ways to build this city without going mad modeling hundreds of buildings. And I stumbled upon voxel art. Using voxels it was much easier to model and texture everything. Of course you need to embrace the blocky art style, but I soon fell in love with it and I felt it made the whole project kinda unique.

In fact, there was so much to look at and explore, that the only conclusion was to turn this into a narrative exploration game. I wanted to show the city from the perspective of a delivery driver, who would naturally drive around the city a lot. So the game has no combat, but it gives you time to look around, talk with the city's inhabitants and just enjoy your time there, in Nivalis.

Exploring Nivalis you will drive, walk, discover hidden places, items and unlock the stories of the characters you meet. On your delivery jobs you will have choices, and these choices will have a lasting impact on the characters involved.

The story will be told entirely through dialog, which will come with full voiceovers. For each of the characters we have done castings to find the right voice actor. It was stressful, but worth it. Here you can see a small selection of these characters, they all have their unique voices.

Now we're in the final stretch of development. Last time I told you that we were still investigating whether we would be able to support consoles. And now I can say "Yes." - the game will come to PS4, Xbox One and Switch later this year. But first the game will come to Steam, on April 23. ❤

https://store.steampowered.com/app/746850/Cloudpunk/

Thanks for reading. Please let me know what you think in the comments! I'd love to hear from you.

https://imgur.com/gallery/AJfzTId

pOcHa

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
looks monospace lettering aestetic as fuck - even the music has that blade runner vangelis vibe... i hope it will be as as good and iconic as gta vice city at just driving around aimlessly while listening to the in-game radio

Codex Year of the Donut

ss_cf72392f50be9f862bd343ecedfb8f1d715a5ac2.1920x1080.jpg

ss_f2b2df7866aa91f8e804f2d8291d8d2933b9852f.1920x1080.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
15 Games Releasing In March 2020

2020 has been a big year for big delays but there are still plenty of games worth playing being released. I’ve compiled a list of 15 games that are releasing or have already released this month. I’ve tried to stick to games that have a solid specific release date rather than an ambiguous March 2020 date. If I missed something you’re interested in! Please let me know in the comments!

https://gideonsgaming.com/2020/03/04/15-games-releasing-in-march-2020/

Modron

Arcane
Another Metroidvania from Team Ladybug this one based on the Record of Lodoss War heads to early acess.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Carmen Sandiego re-release on Steam? No, not the old games, this is 2002 game Treasures of Knowledge:

ss_028dfa2134aec36180ba8dc177729da370720025.600x338.jpg
ss_bc3c79a99c5e016f230c59116f883d1de203893d.600x338.jpg

Carmen Sandiego is up to her thieving high-jinks again and has stolen the valuable The Travels of Marco Polo book! Help Acme agents Hawkins and Jules track her down by following mysterious clues to countries all over the world. While talking to locals and gathering information to find Carmen, learn cool facts about each country you visit in this interactive game. The more you learn, the closer you get to catching Carmen and recovering the book!

• Adventure through 8 challenging missions covering multiple geographical locations across the globe!
• Discover interesting new characters, rich graphics, vivid settings, and exciting new game play!
• Access 15 amazing high-tech virtual gadgets to help you find valuable information, decipher clues, and solve the mystery!
• Access key facts on 50 countries around the world through an expansive country database.
• Challenge yourself with multiple puzzles and mind teasers from countries around the world.
• Stay on track! Detailed help is just a click away through the chief communicator. Plus, the game automatically remembers your progress so you can pick up where you left off!
For ages 8-12.

Expands knowledge of:
• World Geography
• Diverse Cultures
• Landmarks
• Foreign Languages
• Key facts on 50 countries around the world
Develops skills in:
• Social Studies
• Geography
• History
• Critical Thinking
• Decision Making
• Deductive Reasoning
• Reading
• Research
• Map Reading

And More!

Aemar

Arcane

The developers describe the content like this:

The game contains elements that mimic sexual behavior, i.e. masturbation.

All characters in-game are over 18 years old.

GENDER ORGANS ARE NOT VISIBLE! The game only shows the movement itself, which is accompanied by the sound of masturbation.

There is violence in the game - you can stun other characters, beat them and kick them.

Soon. Could be a great hit in these times of quarantine.

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Carmen Sandiego re-release on Steam? No, not the old games, this is 2002 game Treasures of Knowledge

Lame, bro. Why would you get my hopes up and then dash them? You get an Up Yours for this.

Sorry, man. I had to do it. You are fucking with my childhood here.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom