Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview "The story now is 900 pages long": Brian Fargo on Wasteland 2's Progress @ GamesIndustry

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
That's what made GTA so great...when you do something it has an effect, and things hold together smartly.

Sounds like something Todd Howard would say.

You've been warned.

GTA ha ha ha, and I gave him some money: well, fuck me. Everybody's got to learn sometimes. GTA lol. the guy did Wasteland, the Tracer Sanction and Dragon Wars and then: "Yeah awesome, GTA!". Ha ha ha. Fuck you. Well, fuck me, especially.

I should have known. Well, it was cute believing for a few months. I'll go towards the DESUDESUDESU From Software and Dark Souls, at least they don't promise shit. They say: "the port is a port and that's all it is". At least they don't promise the promised land. Fuck you Fargo. GTA. Tommorrow, it will be Fable 3. Goodbye.
The guy is a megalomaniac, he can't help it. Just like for his fucking awful "Bard's Tale" reboot: it's great, so funny! He can't help it. Fuck you and go eat your shit in palaces, I despise your kind.

Johannes

Arcane
In GTA you pick up the phone, you get a mission. You kill people, you get cops after you. You drive over Krishna parade, you get a lot of points. C&C!

When he's down, he's like: I know, I did great things. And when he's up, he can't help himself becoming a fucking moron bastard again. I know a lot of people like him in music. And in video games, you have much more money than in music nowadays, it's multiplied by a thousand. Good luck Fargo with your beautiful wife and going in great hotels and nerds sucking your cock while you think you're great! Bad news: you're just a cunt. But good job, you trolled us all! The problem being that you troll yourself, first and foremost. Poor Avellone or Cranford, ha.

I should have known. Well, it was cute believing for a few months. I'll go towards the DESUDESUDESU From Software and Dark Souls, at least they don't promise shit. They say: "the port is a port and that's all it is". At least they don't promise the promised land. Fuck you Fargo. GTA. Tommorrow, it will be Fable 3. Goodbye.
The guy is a megalomaniac, he can't help it. Just like for his fucking awful "Bard's Tale" reboot: it's great, so funny! He can't help it. Fuck you and go eat your shit in palaces, I despise your kind.

KodexKoolKredits.PNG

And I don't give a damn, my good sir. I hate the fucking KKK, I am not Lyric Suite. In general I try to support people and not spit in their faces. But for the case being, I really have the feeling of having been screwed, I hope that I'm wrong, but seeing Fargo's latest CV, I'm afraid of being right.

Oh yes, how did he trick me. I know all the first games that he produced: "Mindshadow"/"Tracer Sanction"/"Borrowed Time"/"Tass times in Tone Town"/"Bard's Tale Trilogy"/"Dragon Wars"/"Neuromancer"/"Wasteland" (...). And then he founded Inxile and sold me some crap: "Bard's Tale" reboot while swearing on the life of his mother that it was the greatest thing since humanity landed on Mars. Then he did the "Wasteland 2" kickstarter and pulled all of my good strings but then: fucking GTA and Sim City. Sorry, I see the shitstorm on the horizon, it's not a question of KKK (I don't give a shit), but just of: "What the fuck, he sold me a pair of lousy shoes with a huge hole in the sole AGAIN".

Ok, Bethesda are uber-moronic but I know that when I buy Skyrim: I know that it will engross me for two days and then I'll find it dumb for I know that it's dumb. But Fargo is a weasel, it's different, he already did it with "Bard's Tale" and then I trusted him again with his: "I swear it on my heart: the publishers are EVIL, if they let me do as I want, I do Wasteland all over again". And then: GTA and fucking Sim City, lol.

Molyneux Power!

I hope that I'm wrong but hummm, well....

Isn't this the kind of meaningless claim that all the hype machines use these days? "Over a billion possible character combinations"

He doesn't think anyone believes this is 900 pages of high quality work does he? If he is making a game for a hardcore set of fans then why bother saying things like this? Makes him come across as crude and easily impressed by large meaningless numbers

Yeah, but is is their large meaningless number. Maybe he's just boasting about the 900 pages. He's a human being, you know. If you had almost a thousand pages done, would you hide that fact to be classy or would you tell the interviewer that no, you aren't sitting on your thumbs, lookie here

Yes, he has all of the good keywords: "900 pages"/"GTA"/"Sim City".
I'm really excited now, it could be as great as "Kingdom of Amalur"!

Sincerely CK, I hope that I'm wrong, really. Time will tell.
I still have some trust in his team but I'm afraid of HIM, the THING in the HOTEL with the SCARY smile on his face.

Aldebaran

Erudite
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
There really is no point in having an aneurysm over this just yet. He already has your money, and you have yet to receive your product. The correct response is to lie back and watch this unfold with equal parts hope and horror: hope that this is just marketing BS, and horror as more of it shows up.

More than likely they just want to keep the momentum going until release in order to maximize sales. Which is why we get strange references to widely familiar games. There are two things to remember here. One is that, on their budget, these interviews will more than likely be the only advertisement that the team can afford. As such, they need to squeeze every dollar that they can out of them. The other thing to remember is that Fargo has a lot more to lose than you. While your wallet might have taken a significant hit, Fargo's credibility and future prospects are on the line. If Fargo wanted to make some derivative, casual game for sales only, he wouldn't be making a third person, turn based rpg with party creations and NUMBERS. He is not playing it safe by any means. He just no longer needs to market to (what I hope) is his main audience as he has already secured a large chunk of that money.

I'm not saying that this game won't be a massive screw up when all is said and done, but marketing speech directed towards a group who are understandably not that interested in anything with NUMBERS should not send you spiralling into rage. Recall that he must adhere to the original pitch or else we can sue hi--cleanse him with righteous fire.

When I'm recording an LP, I FUCKING SHUT THE FUCK UP and I'm recording it and spending days recording it and not going: "Yeah, it's like the Beatles, Mayhem, NWA, the Velvet Undergrund and the Stooges". I fucking shut my mouth and I WORK. Fargo goes "Sim City", "GTA4". Soon he'll go "Bayonette 2", turn-based "Mass Effect" and what not. Work with your team instead of spouting bullshit Fargo, for if you bullshit again this time, nobody will follow you again, never.

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
This place is rapidly becoming an InXile fansite. The apologetic attitude that you see on Bioware or Bethesda boards gave it away.

My (admittedly narrow) perception of Fargo when I was at Interplay was that he was mostly an obstacle. It was tough trying to do internal demos of a turn-based strategy game and yet cater to a guy who was sort of ADHD. I remember in one session talking about using a mechanic from Panzer General, and he vetoed it because he felt Panzer General was too niche, with too few sales. "We don't want to be like that." So, no Hard vs. Soft targets in MAX.

Ever since I read this I knew I couldn't trust the bastard. Hypocritical and stupid.

I don't even care if the game is good or it's the kind of laughable shit some us assume it will be, even if I did donate to it, the price is right either way.

Fucking moronic video game industry, you deserve to be treated like nerds (I'm talking about the guys who shit these moronic games not about you my bros) for you are crooks. You don't belong in art, you're shit, fucking lepers.
Just look at the difference between Lord British and David Bowie and you'll understand everything. And then, they're so frustrated that they find it normal to shit on our faces. Fuck you, video games designers, I don't even know why I'm talking about you. You are just ugly people with a lot of money and the taste of a fucking dumb retard.

Dear lord, did Fargo fuck your realdoll or something ?
"Real doll", yes, my "Real doll". Sorry mate, I have fucked a lot more girls than you can even dream of. But well, to each his own. See you in the DESUDESUDESU sub-board.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom