Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Super BunnyHop Thread

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This is a new INTELLEKSHUAL gaming blog and video show that started in October. It's pretty good, even though the hosts sound a bit light in the loafers. Most of their videos won't be of particular interest to the Codex, but they did play a bit with Wasteland:

And they did a "Critical Close-Up" of Doom and RAGE which is pretty good:

And here's their optimistic recap of 2012:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
repostan' mah thoughts:

BunnyHopShow

I haven't heard of this one. Tell us more.

They're great (well, one of the dudes is better than the other). Basically, they're veteran gamers but not exactly oldschool in the Codex understanding of the word. They debate old series that they like, play new ones (like Wasteland) and generally have down-to-earth, mechanical discussion about games.

They're sort of the opposite of Errant Signal I suppose. Where he goes into these long rants and debates on meta-concepts and contextualization, they just discuss mechanics of games, put them in perspective with games they're similar with and that kind of stuff. Their show is built on three "pillars", short LPs (they play the whole game and show highlights), indie reviews and critical looks on various games. The last category is the best one, but mainly when the "good" bloke does them.

Their '2012 in gaming' is pretty sweet, if a bit too optimistic and hopeful for Codexian tastes.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Grunker
Which one is the "good" one? George or Nathan?
George :)

But... but... these people are retards.

Grunker to Infinitron said:
[Some of] The Codex is going to hate it [the Wasteland LP], because they won't watch it to completion, and they derp ALOT in the beginning and are completely lost (as any newb would be), but they end up giving them a fair chance and actually praise the game a WHOLE bunch. In short, the videos are excellent and really leave you with the impression of two complete noobs who go into this terrible mastodon of oldschool epicness, they start off completely lost, and end up grasping the system, the mechanics and the game.

So, if you made that comment because of the start of the Wasteland LP, then complete it before you comment. If you meant in general, well, we disagree.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hmm, their RAGE vids were better than the Wasteland 2 ones. Adding them to OP.

racofer

Thread Incliner
What the fuck. I entered this thread expecting bunny hopping videos, instead I get a bunch of videos that don't interest me.

I'm disappoint.

Boris

Educated
Queued
Why the fuck do you nerds look like you live in your moms basement and talk like you liked sucking small cock in school toilets?

SBHGeorge

Novice
Well, this is flattering! Glad to hear some of you liked the videos! Sorry to hear some of you didn't! If not, constructive feedback is always appreciated.
But wait, did I hear someone say I was gay? That's gay, yo.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
They made videos about Spec Ops and the NRA videogame violence BS:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
WTB games without 'messages.' When you start analyzing games as if they're movies then you know the AAA industry is fucked.

Angthoron

Arcane
Nothing wrong with games with messages, it's just that most of those messages are as fake as a hipster at an art show.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
There is when the 'games' are 90% message and 10% gameplay.

Angthoron

Arcane
I'd be fine with those, if people behind the "messages" would be at least somewhat competent.

A user named cat

The Doom/Rage two parter was actually pretty good and well done. Glad I didn't bother with Rage, looks incredibly boring.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Indeed, and as a doomfag I really enjoyed it. Rage had more problems than blurry textures from time to time. The gameplay is so nextgen that it really killed it for me. Health regen in Id game? Even Doom 3 is better than this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom