Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Super BunnyHop Thread

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Why anyone even cares about that shit?!?!?!?! It is like telling you that the breakfast joint near my house is closing and making 30 minute video about why :roll:.

Because it's
informative.png
and
interesting.png
Ahh the age of easily amused people.

flyingjohn

Arcane
Why anyone even cares about that shit?!?!?!?! It is like telling you that the breakfast joint near my house is closing and making 30 minute video about why :roll:.

Because it's
informative.png
and
interesting.png
Let' see:
-Video is about a niche topic nobody covers
-Thumbnail has no click bait bullshit
-Video is more then 5 minutes(aka the average attention span of youtube watchers)
-The entire video isn't him standing in front of a camera or taking over a unrelated game
-Actually interviews people instead of using other people's content
-No stupid memes inserted in the video

Yup,sounds exactly like a modern click bait youtube video.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Because it's
informative.png
and
interesting.png
tryhard edgy shithead.
Don't be that butthurt ohhh glorious hobo with a wife,decent job and a house ;).
:love:
you are the most adorable edgelord on the internet you know

Perkel

Arcane
I made PSVR on PC thread year ago and basically explained everything he says.
Though he failed to mention most critical aspect of it. IT IS CHEAP AS FUCK compared to VIVE or oculus.

I sold later it, bought VIVE then i sold Vive and i will be buying again PSVR. Getting vive is simply not worth it. PSVR is cheap as fuck used and gets job done.

edit: Just checked.
150$ - used PSVR in pristine shape for right now in poland via Allegro.
540$ - cheapest vive

edit2:
forgot additional costs:
20$ - trinus - drivers for PSVR
40$ - vorpx. So 210 which is still less than half of vive price.

And if you will finish playing everything you wanted you can sell it back like i did.
I actually earned on PSVR about 30$ because i bought it for 200$ and sold it for 230$ after half a year of use.
And i had 2 PSVR as two times i sold it. 1st about half a year after release on PS4 and last year once just to get it to work with PC because i heard it worked finally well.

edit:
thread for interested

Last edited:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I made PSVR on PC thread year ago and basically explained everything he says.
Though he failed to mention most critical aspect of it. IT IS CHEAP AS FUCK compared to VIVE or oculus.

I sold later it, bought VIVE then i sold Vive and i will be buying again PSVR. Getting vive is simply not worth it. PSVR is cheap as fuck used and gets job done.

edit: Just checked.
150$ - used PSVR in pristine shape for right now in poland via Allegro.
540$ - cheapest vive

edit2:
forgot additional costs:
20$ - trinus - drivers for PSVR
40$ - vorpx. So 210 which is still less than half of vive price.

And if you will finish playing everything you wanted you can sell it back like i did.
I actually earned on PSVR about 30$ because i bought it for 200$ and sold it for 230$ after half a year of use.
And i had 2 PSVR as two times i sold it. 1st about half a year after release on PS4 and last year once just to get it to work with PC because i heard it worked finally well.

edit:
thread for interested
After seeing George's video, one thing is certain. If I have to suffer through all this modding and hackjob with a PSVR to play VR on PC, I'd rather never play it. Fuck this, we are in 2018, and I'm not gonna wasting my time to play some hacked version of a VR game, just to save money. If I want to play VR, I will play PSVR on PS4 or get the money for a Vive on the PC.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Dare I say it but half the reason you want VR is the dumb motion stuff anyway. Hybrid games with VR just doesn't sound worth it.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I remember him being an interesting game reviewer in the past and decided to check if my memories are true. Well he had some pretty good videos back then,also he had more audience. Now everything about something unimportant and weeaboo retarded shit that nobody cares about. It is a shame how much he had gone off course.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
He used to be the best out there, hands down. Actual, honest-to-God research and news stories with the quality you expect from someone who actually has a god damned education and didn't get into the biz by writing some columns and majoring in arts or whatever. And his current stories about japanese shit no one cares about or VR are technically just as good and well-researched, it's just that no one gives a fuck about that stuff.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
He used to be the best out there, hands down. Actual, honest-to-God research and news stories with the quality you expect from someone who actually has a god damned education and didn't get into the biz by writing some columns and majoring in arts or whatever. And his current stories about japanese shit no one cares about or VR are technically just as good and well-researched, it's just that no one gives a fuck about that stuff.
Sorting his vids by "most popular" really shows this.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The gaming bar was an interesting piece at least, and real journalism involved too.

Whatever you feel about geoff, he still does a better jov than 999% of gaming journos

m_s0

Arcane
This probably has loads to do with how unreliable youtube is as a source of income, and how you go about budgeting your show. If you're spending that 4,8k$ in Patreon dough on office space, people and business trips to/around Japan... yeah, researched, quality videos (dare I say: journalism) will either be about Japan, or very sparse. Not that his output was ever really that high.

Granted, having your living space function as your workspace is messed up in the long run, so I don't blame him for that. I'm surprised he hasn't taken up streaming for food yet, but that's probably a matter of time.

Bottom line for me is that I hadn't visited his channel for months and still managed to catch up fully in 30 minutes. Not much for me there, and his video game reviews aren't usually great. The podcast isn't very good either, the dynamic they have is fine for shooting the shit over drinks, but doesn't work for any decent discussion. Gets on my nerves, honestly.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The gaming bar was an interesting piece at least, and real journalism involved too.

Whatever you feel about geoff, he still does a better jov than 999% of gaming journos
That was interesting if it was one off,but it is the same shit for a year now. Nobody cares about shovelware VR games and the future of fetish clubs in Japan. He hasn't done actual journo work in half a year now. He was talking about different companies and the industry as a whole a year ago. Now he is shilling about shitty VR shooter and talk retarded shit about how good their shotgun is good and powerful,when in reality my farts feel more powerful than that sad excuse of a gun.

Archibald

Arcane

I did that and 8 out of 10 most popular videos are about shit from Japan. I mean, who really gives a shit about MSG's critical autism?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

I mean, who really gives a shit about MSG's critical autism?
hands-260nw-189602984.jpg

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh hey, this might be good:

How a reliance on investment funding, a fruitless formula, and leaks to the press precipitated one catastrophic week in Telltale's 14-year history.

Reliance on investment funding: 3:30
The internal adoption of The Walking Dead's "formula:" 9:09
Leaks to the press: 12:45

Massive thanks to those who chose to reach out, and for them making so many great games over the years.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I haven't watch him for maybe a year,didn't expect that the quality will go that much downhill. Geee i have secret sources...read kuktako article and repeats it in front of the camera. What an low effort video. He said some obvious shit that everyone with two brain cells to rub together could see it. Also what was with the shitty background and pose "i have a huge dildo in my ass and can't wait for this to finish"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom