Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Super BunnyHop Thread

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The thing about investors sueing 1 mil for leaks sounds like bullshit made up by upper management to hide their incompetence related to budget.

Last edited:

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I haven't watch him for maybe a year,didn't expect that the quality will go that much downhill. Geee i have secret sources...read kuktako article and repeats it in front of the camera. What an low effort video. He said some obvious shit that everyone with two brain cells to rub together could see it. Also what was with the shitty background and pose "i have a huge dildo in my ass and can't wait for this to finish"
He's used anonymous sources multiple times before, tryhard.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I haven't watch him for maybe a year,didn't expect that the quality will go that much downhill. Geee i have secret sources...read kuktako article and repeats it in front of the camera. What an low effort video. He said some obvious shit that everyone with two brain cells to rub together could see it. Also what was with the shitty background and pose "i have a huge dildo in my ass and can't wait for this to finish"
He's used anonymous sources multiple times before, tryhard.
I am saying that his ""sources" were reading kuktako and chatting with retards at twatter. He didn't need sources because all that shit he said are common knowledge. "They make us work 10 hours a day" is not some big secret that nobody knew about! Also who gives a shit,if they like the job they leave and move to greener pastures. Did you learn something that you didn't knew before watching the video?

FreshCorpse

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I wish I knew what is going on with Superbunnyhop. He started a patreon to fund himself (which makes complete sense) and still has "Updates on Thursdays/Fridays" at the top of his youtube channel but his last video was about a month ago. The one before that was only a couple of days prior but then if you go back again it's another month between videos. I think fantadomat is broadly right that it is in fact not enormously impressive to combine off-the-record quotes from former employees with scrolling shots of news articles to tell us that...dun dun dun...Telltale was badly managed and failed in its duties to creditors (particularly employees).

Maybe the ~3 patreon-only articles he puts out a month are really good and I'm missing out by not being able to read them. Could be. But from the outside it just seems like the quality and quantity of his output have gone backward since the community funding.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
"Retarded jap fighting game" Historical setting.....
:whatho:

Does he even try at this point? He is just searching for excuse to scratch his jap fetish at this point.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
If anyone watched the video Bunnyhop maintains that Soul Calibur's attempt at history is borderline nonsensical but he just wanted to look at the tiny things it did right or why perhaps it was done the way that it did. Like stated in the description "an attempt at explaining how the 1590s (the canonical timeline of the series) led to the fantasy of Soul Calibur". Which is why historical in the title is placed in quotes.

The copypasta was made by him in the video to acknowledge how silly Soul Calibur is.

EDIT: In my opinion its slightly interesting seeing what Soul Calibur did (like the motion capture) although a lot of parts just reads like one of those history teaching YouTube videos. It's not the worst he's done but I think he could've done better.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
If anyone watched the video Bunnyhop maintains that Soul Calibur's attempt at history is borderline nonsensical but he just wanted to look at the tiny things it did right or why perhaps it was done the way that it did. Like stated in the description "an attempt at explaining how the 1590s (the canonical timeline of the series) led to the fantasy of Soul Calibur". Which is why historical in the title is placed in quotes.

The copypasta was made by him in the video to acknowledge how silly Soul Calibur is.

EDIT: In my opinion its slightly interesting seeing what Soul Calibur did (like the motion capture) although a lot of parts just reads like one of those history teaching YouTube videos. It's not the worst he's done but I think he could've done better.
Sounds like autistic retardation...

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Missed these review videos.
Also sad to see him make less and less videos, since he created a patreon.

As for Hitman 2 not selling well. Well it's not hard to know why. Bad marketing, bad business practices, the shift to another developer and simply Hitman Absolution killed the interest in the franchise.

One thing that bothers me tho, he keeps saying he loves stealth games, but he never talks about Thief or Splinter Cell.
thinking.png

Last edited:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
I was hoping he did a year review video, like he always does this time of year. But, oh well...
I guess his patreon backers prefer these kinds of shit for his youtube videos. So can't really blame him.
In fact looking at his patreon page, it seems the actual interesting content is all there.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Patreon sucks the fun out of all content creators. Everyone just becomes lazy and does the absolute minimum. Seen it happen so god damn many times. It's a bit like successful early access games. Why put in the effort? You already got the sales.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
In fact looking at his patreon page, it seems the actual interesting content is all there.

Oh hey yeah.. I didn't realize he locked his content behind a Patreon wall. I thought he was just becoming a lazy and boring weeb.

I guess it's time to unsubscribe then, I'll never subscribe through Patreon and he's not going to publish interesting videos on Youtube. Damn shame.

Most channels just give sponsors early access or some other intangibles, but locking off content en-masse, that's probably self-defeating. How do you grow the channel if you don't have a steady stream of interesting videos, except for paid subscribers?

mystery.png
mystery.png
mystery.png

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Patreon sucks the fun out of all content creators. Everyone just becomes lazy and does the absolute minimum. Seen it happen so god damn many times. It's a bit like successful early access games. Why put in the effort? You already got the sales.
Once it becomes about money it becomes shit!

Baron Dupek

Arcane
agree
and then you find out that Spoony starts loosing money recently, after all these years
no wonder gamers are slow learning (or ever) animals

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
I didn't realize he locked his content behind a Patreon wall.
Most channels just give sponsors early access or some other intangibles, but locking off content en-masse, that's probably self-defeating. How do you grow the channel if you don't have a steady stream of interesting videos, except for paid subscribers?

Well supposedly his reasoning for this is:
  • I'll be writing two columns per month, each one covering topics that aren't as good a fit for video
But looking at some of the stuff there, he even has game reviews. So it's probably like that thing Alienman was saying. It's much simpler to do a written review, than having to capture gameplay and edit a video.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom