Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The train, the drones, the horror

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
upload_2019-8-9_2-36-57.png

Why bother interfacing with someone like this? I'm surprised he could navigate the create account screen for the Codex, much less enter in his mommies credit card info to buy the game.

Beastro

Arcane
The obvious solution to everyone's problems is what I did in my first playthrough: Join Protectorate to help clean up hippie scum, then wipe them out once you're otw to the Deep Caverns~

IIRC looking it up later, had I completed it before my laptop died, it wouldn've effected the Protectorate's ending so you get the best of both worlds!

Goromorg

Savant
While we haven't seen the north part of the Underrail yet, there are cues in the game that imply that the whole Protectorate "opression" thing is rather exaggerated:
1. There is a couple in Camp Hathor that makes plans to sneak to the North Underrail past the Faceless blockade, because one of them has been there and knows that life is better there.
2. There is at least one maintained museum in the North.
3. There are advanced medical medical institutions in the North, where complex neurosurgeries can be performed.
4. Tourists from North can visit South freely.
5. Tourists from South can visit North freely.
6. Protectorate is well organized, its soldiers are well equipped and have high morale.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I don't like the Protectorate but they have better quality components. Sorry, Drones.

Sykar

Arcane
While we haven't seen the north part of the Underrail yet, there are cues in the game that imply that the whole Protectorate "opression" thing is rather exaggerated:
1. There is a couple in Camp Hathor that makes plans to sneak to the North Underrail past the Faceless blockade, because one of them has been there and knows that life is better there.
3. There are advanced medical medical institutions in the North, where complex neurosurgeries can be performed.
6. Protectorate is well organized, its soldiers are well equipped and have high morale.

This has to be the most worthless argument I have ever seen. Nothing on this list disproves the fact that Protectorate are a fascist organization. Many fascist dictatorial states had the very same attribute. As a German who still has living relatives who lived through Nazi Germany I can assure you that the average German citizen enjoyed all the benefits you just described. I am not too sure if each and every other point applies to every dictatorship/fascist state but I am fairly sure that they at they all had museums and well organized, well equipped soldiers on high morale and probably a bit more.
You know how people know that the Protectorate is a fascist organization? Because apart from them eliminating all opposition and taking over anything they can get their dirty grubby fingers on they and here let that sink in again, are not above gassing people. Did you get it now? Gassing. People. Did it sink in yet or do I have to write it in capital letters?

Last edited:

oscar

Arcane
yes because stealing supplies is the morally right thing to do

fucking low iq mental midget teenager

Terrible argument for Protectorate

Decent argument for Protectorate

Goromorg

Savant
Actually, Sykar made a good point and I agree with him - if someone from Protectorate's highest ranks are willing to use CAU's services - that makes them fascists.

And my argument wasn't good - I was drunk when I made it, btw.

hell bovine

Arcane
On a side note, the least problematic faction in Underrail seem to be the junkyard mutants. They don't bother anyone & live happily in their little enclave taking care of their doggies... Well, until your character arrives that is.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
On a side note, the least problematic faction in Underrail seem to be junkyard mutants. They don't bother anyone & live happily in their little enclave taking care of their doggies... Well, until your character arrives that is.
Nah, the least problematic are probably Camp Hathor (discounting the Rathound King business) and the Mutie island.

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
Actually, Sykar made a good point and I agree with him - if someone from Protectorate's highest ranks are willing to use CAU's services - that makes them fascists.

And my argument wasn't good - I was drunk when I made it, btw.
punishing people who harm other people is not fascism

if that were the case the United states were fascists for defeating nazi germany, they simply fought against someone doing harm to citizens of the world

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
one thing you forgot to mention which is brought up in expedition, is the existence of an education system, one of the merchants graduates from college, I think it's also mentioned in game there is a functioning Healthcare system

so north underrail functions similar to modern society while south underrail is like living in hell

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
View attachment 11132
Why bother interfacing with someone like this? I'm surprised he could navigate the create account screen for the Codex, much less enter in his mommies credit card info to buy the game.
why bother using ad hominem attacks like this it makes you look like you have low iq and can't come up with an argument

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
yes because stealing supplies is the morally right thing to do

fucking low iq mental midget teenager

Terrible argument for Protectorate

Decent argument for Protectorate
I mentioned multiple times that north underrail has a civilized society, yet you failed to read that multiple times

Codex Year of the Donut
You know how people know that the Protectorate is a fascist organization? Because apart from them eliminating all opposition and taking over anything they can get their dirty grubby fingers on they and here let that sink in again, are not above gassing people. Did you get it now? Gassing. People. Did it sink in yet or do I have to write it in capital letters?
So if eliminating all opposition + killing citizens is 'fascism', does that mean USSR, PRC, Khmer Rouge, etc., are good examples of fascism?

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
punishing someone for harmful acts is not fascism, if someone took everything you owned, every dollar and material possession you owned, isolating them in a room with toxic gas wouldn't be fascism, it would be justice for their harmful acts against you.

Tigranes

Arcane
ITT edgelord who has never actually helped anyone against thieves, robbers, criminals, soldiers, etc. in their life, but likes to theorycraft about how stealing a train should be punished with genocide

guess hammurabi was too soft and moderate for you huh

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
ITT edgelord who has never actually helped anyone against thieves, robbers, criminals, soldiers, etc. in their life, but likes to theorycraft about how stealing a train should be punished with genocide

what should they have done, negotiated with terrorists, maybe they should have a diplomatic meeting with the rathounds and lurkers as well, maybe the ironheads are open to negotiations

realize how fucking stupid your solution is compared to reality

Codex Year of the Donut

Honestly, what did you want them to do?
They're underground with no helicopters.

the mole

Learned
Shitposter

Honestly, what did you want them to do?
They're underground with no helicopters.
guys we should negotiate with the rathounds, maybe we just need to understand why they have a desire to consume human flesh, we can all be friends forever and work out our differences

Incendax

Augur
Agent Orange = USA Fascists confirmed.
I mean, maybe it’s a little true... :shittydog:

Sykar

Arcane
So if eliminating all opposition + killing citizens is 'fascism', does that mean USSR, PRC, Khmer Rouge, etc., are good examples of fascism?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_fascism

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom