Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline The Upcoming Adventure Game Incline Thread

Maiandros

Learned
Possibly Retarded
thank you very very much for this, i was unaware of Stasis !

:love:

p.s. Everytime i look at mage's initiation pics, i am so overcome with nostalgia...there actually was a time when i'd leave home with just my keys and some money, not even a wallet, change 2 buses to get to the center, after obviously having skipped school, buy a box (i still remember the day i bought The Dig, that was fucking special), open it on my way back, and fuck the passengers staring at me..just the smell of 'new' it exhumed..aww man, i so can't wait for that one

suejak

Arbiter
Patron
Village Idiot
It's adorable of you to ask that as though Jaesun has any clue... :desu:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
So if a game is no longer upcoming because it's been released does it still stay on the list? Because Goodbye Deponia has been out for a while now :D

Yes, it stays on the list, so people have a reference of games that have been released that are INCLINE. And it is a good list to choose from if you are looking to play an adventure game and not sure what to get.

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
So if a game is no longer upcoming because it's been released does it still stay on the list? Because Goodbye Deponia has been out for a while now :D

Yes, it stays on the list, so people have a reference of games that have been released that are INCLINE. And it is a good list to choose from if you are looking to play an adventure game and not sure what to get.

OK another question: do you think that Downfall is part of the adventure game incline? No, I am not trying to plug a GOG title, I sincerely enjoyed that game. For me it was a combination of aesthetics, atmosphere, music, and glorious 2D pixels :D

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
OK another question: do you think that Downfall is part of the adventure game incline? No, I am not trying to plug a GOG title, I sincerely enjoyed that game. For me it was a combination of aesthetics, atmosphere, music, and glorious 2D pixels :D

I don't know that much about it, but it does look like classic 2D, click and point so sure. I can add it. Is there an official site for it?

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron

I don't know that much about it, but it does look like classic 2D, click and point so sure. I can add it. Is there an official site for it?

Here you go:

http://www.quiethavenhotel.co.uk/

The site also hosts a demo of the game so you can try it out for yourself :)

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Is the OP of this thread going to get changed? A lot of the games listed there are no longer upcoming :)

:oops:

Man I have been SLACKING! haha

OK updated the released stuff with ETA: Released! If I missed a released game, or you know of a more accurate ETA of any of the game on there, let me know!

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Is the OP of this thread going to get changed? A lot of the games listed there are no longer upcoming :)

OK updated the released stuff with ETA: Released! If I missed a released game, or you know of a more accurate ETA of any of the game on there, let me know!

Blackwell Epiphany is definitely released :P

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

The Night of the Rabbit has been released some time ago as well.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Anyone else intrigued by this Shardlight? Coming 2015, not much info about it whatsoever. I like those screens, though, nice pixels!

http://www.wadjeteyegames.com/games/shardlight/

In a post-cataclysmic world plagued by disease and hunger, a woman named Amy discovers that the all-powerful government is hiding a terrible secret. With the help of a mysterious figure, Amy will attempt to unite the oppressed, assist a revolution, and cure the plague that threatens humanity and her survival.

SL-manhole1.png

SL-train1.png

SL-market1.png

Last edited:

Barbarian

Arcane
The lack of incline as of late is quite depressing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom