Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Valve and Steam Platform Discussion Thread

Latelistener

Arcane
:outrage:

A horse of course

What kind of idiot puts a steaming mug of coffee right at the corner of their monitor? Good luck getting that out, moron.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Steam no longer sells non-gaming videos: https://store.steampowered.com/news/48501/

CHANGES TO VIDEO CONTENT ON STEAM

For the past few years, we have worked on expanding Steam beyond games and software by building a video platform that supports paid and free video content. In reviewing what Steam users actually watch, it became clear we should focus our effort on offering content that is either directly related to gaming or, is accessory content for games or software sold on Steam.

As part of this refocus, we have retired the Video section of the Steam Store menu with an expectation that video content is discovered via the associated game or software store page, or through search, user tags, recommendations, etc.

Over the coming weeks a number of non-gaming videos will be retired and will no longer be available for purchase. Previously purchased content will remain available to owners.

It's been a long time coming since the death of Steam Machines. No dream of home entertainment system.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Steam no longer sells non-gaming videos
A documentary about the Hungarian games industry under the iron curtain is available Steam. What would happen to it, as an example? Technically speaking it is directly related to games.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
A documentary about the Hungarian games industry under the iron curtain is available Steam. What would happen to it, as an example? Technically speaking it is directly related to games.

we should focus our effort on offering content that is either directly related to gaming or, is accessory content for games or software sold on Steam.

I think it should be the former.

Perkel

Arcane
Btw, the new client will be web(-tech)-based, like Steam Chat and Discord.

Good riddance. Steam client always was garbage.
Hopefully this will be something fast, not that garbage that takes seconds to open up store, community and other features of it.

Viata

Arcane
It takes more time to start the client(login and daily updates, holy shit) than anything, though. I only use the client to start a game and to open the Steam Chat, because the rest is, indeed, fucking slow.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Steam no longer sells non-gaming videos

Wanted to say that this film is freely watchable on Youtube, but unfortunately it doesn't have english subtitles there.

Gerrard

Arcane
Btw, the new client will be web(-tech)-based, like Steam Chat and Discord.

Good riddance. Steam client always was garbage.
Hopefully this will be something fast, not that garbage that takes seconds to open up store, community and other features of it.
Steam chat still crashes whenever you play an embedded video. I wonder how that will work with the store.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

This means those data can be accessed by the client, not just displayed on Steam store pages. So *possibly* the new client supports sorting and filtering of library based on genre, categories, tags, developer, publisher, franchise, Steam release date, original release date, supported languages, and etc..

For example, data added to Half-life 2: https://steamdb.info/app/220/history/?changeid=5853253

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Steam and original release dates

This will be useful for informational purposes, although I imagine many developers won't bother to go back and fill in the correct data (eg, if they entered the Steam release date as the original release date when there was just one field)

Jigawatt

Arcane
This will be useful for informational purposes, although I imagine many developers won't bother to go back and fill in the correct data
All Valve should do is hit up the Mobygames API to grab the release date, then send an email to all devs saying unless that set another value here is the date being set. Bam. But of course this is exactly the kind of customer-helping initiative that they would never take

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
This will be useful for informational purposes, although I imagine many developers won't bother to go back and fill in the correct data
All Valve should do is hit up the Mobygames API to grab the release date, then send an email to all devs saying unless that set another value here is the date being set. Bam. But of course this is exactly the kind of customer-helping initiative that they would never take

Especially since MobyGames is not a very good authority on release dates, as they seem to only post years of release, not months and days.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
This means those data can be accessed by the client, not just displayed on Steam store pages. So *possibly* the new client supports sorting and filtering of library based on genre, categories, tags, developer, publisher, franchise, Steam release date, original release date, supported languages, and etc..

For example, data added to Half-life 2: https://steamdb.info/app/220/history/?changeid=5853253

Somehow this change exposed release dates that devs/pubs filled in, that they probably supposed are not public.

Data for some games Codex interested. Of course these can be placeholders, but some dates pretty specific.

The Outer Worlds - August 6, 2019 – 18:00:00 UTC
Disco Elysium - March 12, 2020 – 18:00:00 UTC
Spire of Sorcery - March 7, 2019 – 14:00:00 UTC
Six Ages: Ride Like the Wind - April 15, 2019 – 20:00:00 UTC
Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones - August 8, 2019 – 18:00:00 UTC
BIOMUTANT - July 1, 2019 – 17:00:00 UTC
EITR - August 1, 2019 – 16:00:00 UTC
Desperados III - September 30, 2019 – 17:00:00 UTC
Hollow Knight: Silksong - June 12, 2020 – 21:00:00 UTC
Atomic Heart - June 20, 2019 – 18:00:00 UTC
The Sinking City - March 21, 2019 – 08:00:00 UTC
Mount & Blade 2 - December 31, 2019 – 23:00:00 UTC (Yeah, very obvious placeholder it is.
rating_negativeman.png
)

You can browse more at SteamDB.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
2020 for Disco. Ouch.

And yeah, another year of cock teasing for Mount & Blade 2. Fucking hell...

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hollow Knight: Silksong - June 12...
:yeah:
:negative:
Good to know that TOW is releasing this year. I figured they gonna be showcased at E3 first before launching. And finally a sign of Biomutant, feel like eternity since it's first announcement.

-------------------------------------------------
a few games I'm looking forward to, hope these aren't bamboozle +M

Colony Ship: A Post-Earth Role Playing Game - November 30, 2020 – 14:00:00 UTC
Realms Beyond - February 28, 2020 – 16:00:00 UTC
The Iron Oath - March 23, 2020 – 19:00:00 UTC
Griftlands - November 1, 2019 – 17:00:00 UTC
BEAUTIFUL DESOLATION - September 16, 2019 – 16:00:00 UTC
EITR - August 1, 2019 – 16:00:00 UTC
Overland - June 6, 2019 – 17:00:00 UTC
Dark Devotion - April 1, 2019 – 18:00:00 UTC
TUNIC - July 1, 2020 – 20:00:00 UTC

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom