Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

The Valve and Steam Platform Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Morgoth, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Don Peste Arcane

Don Peste
    No idea. What if you add that to a .bat and try to run it?

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. schru Savant

schru
    Indeed, the Steam versions of the Doom games are run using batch files, so that might help.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker

• (autism) (autism) x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Multi-headed Cow Scholar

Multi-headed Cow
    I'm not positive on a solution either, and Steam can be fucky when it comes to taking screenshots in Dosbox, but if you right-click your non-Steam listing for it in Steam and go to properties, "Set launch options" is where you usually add everything else. So you'd have "Start in: D:\Games\Albion\DOSBOX\" and "Target: D:\Games\Albion\DOSBOX\DOSBox.exe" and then click set launch options and slap in "-conf "..\dosbox_albion.conf" -conf "..\dosbox_albion_single.conf" -noconsole -c exit".

Just pulling it out of my ass though, can't remember what I did last time I added a Dosbox GoG thing to Steam since it was a few years back.

^ Top  
  5. Alienman Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Yeah, I'm stumped. The weird thing Lands of Lore, the only other GoG game I have installed currently works with no problem at all. Only changed the target, and renderer to OpenGL. The overlay don't work, but I can take screenshots, while Albion just totally craps out. Weird as hell, but oh well, appreciate the help.

^ Top  
  6. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    Some interesting things about top wishlists: https://store.steampowered.com/search/?filter=popularwishlist&os=win
    • Bloodlines 2 at the top. With all that livestreams and front page banner, looks like it's generating more "engagements" on Steam than The Outer Worlds.
    • I noticed some people doing un-wishlist campaign for games that turned into Epic exclusives, The Sinking City and Industries of Titan for example. But as far as I can tell, both games has climbed up the list since and it's not just because of some games there are released.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Purchasable game vs non-purchasable game seems like it should matter here. There's more reason to wishlist a game you can buy.

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. TheSentinel Arcane

TheSentinel
    Valve continues to fix various games for full Linux compatibility through Proton.

https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Proton/wiki/Changelog

• incline incline x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Melcar Arcane

Melcar
    Going to test it this weekend. Redout is all but unplayable.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. aeroaeko Educated

aeroaeko
    Once steam dies I'm done with video games. I am super autistic and need the hours to be counted on my profile or else I can't play. It's the main reason I haven't played Mask of the Betrayer.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • (autism) (autism) x 3
    • When words are not enough When words are not enough x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Konjad High on potatoes Patron

Konjad
    Yeah, I miss Xfire too.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    Apparently it does not show up in the list if a game has no release date data set. Now that Halo: The Master Chief Collection has one ("Coming Soon"), it reveals Halo is the most wanted game by Steam users!

• Informative x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • nice x 1
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    • popamole x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Black Arcane

Black
    • Old Old x 4
    • gimme dem dolla bills gimme dem dolla bills x 2
    • decline decline x 2
    ^ Top  
  14. TheSentinel Arcane

TheSentinel

• Makes you think... Makes you think... x 2
    ^ Top  
  15. Alienman Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Interesting. They will probably lose out on this, there is a lot of gifting going on, and all that money will just disappear.

Hmmm. Recent responses on it though.

^ Top  
  16. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    ^ Top  
  17. Black Arcane

Black
    Those people paid attention in school, they should be rewarded.
    Also I didn't see the date :D

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Alienman Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Angry pitch fork rage rejected.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • :( :( x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. TheSentinel Arcane

TheSentinel
    • hopw roewur ne x 2
    • Interesting x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    • Shit x 1
    • Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    https://www.pcgamer.com/valves-vr-headset-is-called-index-and-its-coming-soon/

• Excited! x 2
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • gimme dem dolla bills x 1
    • Prestigious x 1
    • Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    Video of the GDC talk:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. vonAchdorf Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

vonAchdorf
    Are the current VR headsets even successful? Sure, Valve should have numbers from HTC, but I don't really see much excitement about them. What's worse in today's market: They, I assume, aren't good for streamers (or are there streamers using VR)?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Dexter Arcane

Dexter
    [​IMG]

https://www.roadtovr.com/monthly-connected-vr-headsets-on-steam-have-grown-exponentially-analysis/
    [​IMG]
    (I think their exact numbers might be wrong by a lot since they're making some wrong assumptions, but the general trend seems obvious, it broke the total amount of users using Linux somewhere mid last year and it's well on the way to 1% userbase in the next few months with gradual growth).

https://uploadvr.com/sony-4-point-2-million-sold/

Also see the VR thread: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/rift-vive-vr-general.109448/page-5

Wonder what Valve releasing Half Life VR will do, and LOLStreamers.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)