Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline The Walking Dead (SPOILERS)

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Except you don't play it. You click prompts to advance the story.

aris

Arcane
Interactive story != movie. Watching it on youtube would be completely different, and not nearly as good. No wonder you don't see the value in the games.

Tommy Wiseau

Arcane
Just watched it on YouTube. Closest thing that came to a 'puzzle' was the wind turbine thing and a two year old could have figured that out.

Jesus, Metro. We know all this by now. Puzzles aren't the only reason for playing an adventure game, not that this was ever marketed as such.

Except you don't play it. You click prompts to advance the story.

Well, I had fun with it and so did others.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Yeah, sorry Metro, but no. There's a massive difference between watching someone play a game that's all about choice and consequence and playing it yourself, no matter if the actual game consists of just clicking prompts to advance the story.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
So in this new Episode/Season did they actually make any of the choices you make, actually effect anything? Or is it the same boring BioWare/CDProject all choices are meaningless, and they all lead to the same thing?

Tommy Wiseau

Arcane
I don't think there's a lot of difference between the first and the second game in terms of consequences (by Codexian standards I'd assume they'd be considered insignificant in both instances). Two characters from this episode can get killed off/saved depending on your choices. Just sayin' this since I think it's easy for some players to miss.

They'll probably get killed off later, but anyway...

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Yeah, sorry Metro, but no. There's a massive difference between watching someone play a game that's all about choice and consequence and playing it yourself, no matter if the actual game consists of just clicking prompts to advance the story.

Cave_of_time.jpg

Vibalist

Arcane
Introduce new characters. Kill them off. Introduce new characters. Kill them off. Introduce new characters. Kill them off. Introduce new characters. Kill them off. Introduce new characters. Kill them off. X100000000

Name

Cipher
I'm impressed by episode 2! They used to only have binary outcomes, A dies or B dies etc, this time there are like 2*2=4 outcomes! That's great incline right there!

Yet some guy has to die no matter what, right? Remind me the arc word in some critical acclaimed rail shooter game, "constants and variables".

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
So, episode 3 is out.

Nick actually survived. Could have sworn they'd kill him off quick after the choice of him living or dying in Episode 2. He didn't do anything of course, but he survived. Wow. Alvin apparently is dead meat though (I got him killed in Episode 2 though), but that actually makes sense.

Carver was one sack of shit.

Kenny is one hard motherfucker.

The ending choice did make me wince. The choice won't matter of course.

Deleted member 7219

I don't know what matters any more, or what happened to me that didn't happen to other people. But Kenny is awesome, I stayed and watched him beat Carver's head into a bloody pulp. Spotted Carla ruining the escape a mile off, I just hope I'll be able to abandon her somewhere or let her be killed. I didn't think the "chopping off the arm" was that shocking as an ending since we've seen it done before and we know by now that Clem is one smart and tough kid.

Whisky

The Solution
I don't know what matters any more, or what happened to me that didn't happen to other people. But Kenny is awesome, I stayed and watched him beat Carver's head into a bloody pulp. Spotted Carla ruining the escape a mile off, I just hope I'll be able to abandon her somewhere or let her be killed. I didn't think the "chopping off the arm" was that shocking as an ending since we've seen it done before and we know by now that Clem is one smart and tough kid.

It was more because
She's doing something that Lee did to himself, but it didn't help. Granted, they established that Reggie survived it, so it'll either be Sarita always lives or always dies.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Not reading the rest of this thread in case I change my mind, but... I played through a couple hours of the first episode of this last night with the wife looking on and I was bored to fucking tears. The dialog was poor, the pacing slow as fuck, the puzzles non-existent and the controls lame as fuck. Does it get better? Or am I just not the type to like this game?

Whisky

The Solution
Not reading the rest of this thread in case I change my mind, but... I played through a couple hours of the first episode of this last night with the wife looking on and I was bored to fucking tears. The dialog was poor, the pacing slow as fuck, the puzzles non-existent and the controls lame as fuck. Does it get better? Or am I just not the type to like this game?

I'm only really playing ironically. *Tip Hipster Fedora* My above serious posts are rare exceptions.

It's awful, but I'm really just treating it as something amusingly awful to devour. If you're bored, don't bother.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom