Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland The Wasteland 2 Beta Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Localizations? Phah. Who needs those things? Back in the day we played videogames with dictionaries and notebooks on our hands. :obviously:
Being a third-worlder must suck.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
I hope Brian "Smooth Talker" Fargo will push back the promised release window so he may include & balance a perk system.
I hope he'll be up to the task because If that were the case, imagine the reaction from the fans and gaming press: "Wasteland 2 pushed back! Failure to launch! Kickstarter - viable solution?!"

Localizations? Phah. Who needs those things? Back in the day we played videogames with dictionaries and notebooks on our hands. :obviously:
Being a third-worlder must suck.

That's why we need the opposite of a brofist.

Last edited:

Starwars

Arcane
23 gigs? For someone who lives out in the sticks like me, that's more than half of my monthly bandwidth. Will this be released in physical form (assuming I would want to buy it)?

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
the solution to your dilemma is obvious: become a hipster and move to a city.
anyhoo, there are boxed versions as rewards for various kickstarter tiers, so i think it's safe to assume they will ship some retail boxes.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I'm def not seeing 23 gigs worth of graphix there. inxile cannot compress

In the cities, where the hipsters recide. Life out here in the Scandinavian wilds is different.

Scandinavian wilds? There's like 3 (or 4, or 2, whatever) nations there, and you could cross the 'wilds' through all 3 nations in a trip that's shorter than Sydney to Brisbane. Did they just hit deep snow at the edge of the city and say 'fuck this shit, the good broadband stops here'?

circ

Arcane
In the cities, where the hipsters recide. Life out here in the Scandinavian wilds is different.

Scandinavian wilds? There's like 3 (or 4, or 2, whatever) nations there, and you could cross the 'wilds' through all 3 nations in a trip that's shorter than Sydney to Brisbane. Did they just hit deep snow at the edge of the city and say 'fuck this shit, the good broadband stops here'?
I don't think you know the nordic wilds as well as you think you do sir.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Are there vikings still trapped in the nordic wilds ?

Comrade Luzur led Royalist Forester Insurgents must have cut the cables outside cities; anyway can't see why the games has 25 Gigs now unless they went fully 3D or something since Commissar played the Alpha Beta. Hope they will release low resolution texture pack so the game will go down into One or Max two DVDs.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
unless they went fully 3D

Yes, until now it was only half 3D.
1.5D, you might say. Now it's fully 3D. You'll be amazed at the number of edges a polygon can have.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Does shipping the game with uncompressed assets help the performance in any way? Assuming this is what account for the size. Because the current beta still runs like crap.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Does shipping the game with uncompressed assets help the performance in any way? Assuming this is what account for the size. Because the current beta still runs like crap.

The game runs fine on my six year old PC. I think you need to get a PC that can into the Unity engine.

Kem0sabe

Arcane

The game runs fine on my six year old PC. I think you need to get a PC that can into the Unity engine.

Maybe it's something to do with me having an AMD/ATI system? Granted my computer is 4 years old, but it plays most games at a reasonable framerate, Wasteland 2 on the other hand, sends my graphics card into overheating.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7069&start=20#p104096

f1Yv1op.png

http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2829&p=103871#p103871

49PGmAw.png

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
UPDATE: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/wasteland-2/posts/838560
Dialog Screen
Speaking of writing, we recently gathered a bunch of feedback on the dialog screen on our official forums. The feedback clearly pointed us to preferences for making the dialog UI more tangible and solid, to emphasize the portraits more, and to put it all in a nicely skeuomorphic UI. Here is the first pass we posted on our forums:

One of our fans by the name of Alex 'Olovski' Drożyner saw this UI and responded by offering some mock-ups of his own, improving and tweaking our work. We liked what we saw there so much we've contracted him to do a pass on the UI for us to use moving forward. It's a unique process to involve fans so directly, but the results speak for themselves!

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
One of our fans by the name of Alex 'Olovski' Drożyner saw this UI and responded by offering some mock-ups of his own, improving and tweaking our work. We liked what we saw there so much we've contracted him to do a pass on the UI for us to use moving forward. It's a unique process to involve fans so directly, but the results speak for themselves!
Old UI designer must feel very confident by now :roll:
40th pass on UI or something.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom