Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 2, super enchanced emerald version 2.0 announced

covr

Prophet
Patron
Who can guess? CDProjekt is trying to polish their last game, so "the best is going to be even better".
Video here http://www.thewitcher.com/the-witcher/2 ... /trailers/ although there is nothing more than the version 2.0 will be announced during Gamescon. Skip to 4:55 and forget.

Multi-headed Cow

Still haven't really started Witcher 2. Guess I'll just wait, since I assume they'll patch that shit in for people who already own it.

attackfighter

Magister
I've only played the first segment of the tutorial, hopefully they "patch" the game at some point to get rid of the mass effect controls so I can play more of it.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Haven't played any of it -- was waiting for their inevitable half dozen super duper versions.

Neeshka

Educated
I hope they fix the mutagen system, nerf quen spamming to make other builds more optimal, and buff the magic/swords trees.
Also a lot more crafting patterns for weapons armor would be nice.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Games doesn't really need an overhaul like the first one, just some more tweaking. Some people are assuming this will be an expansion.

corvax

Augur
I think that almost every developer if given a chance and resources would do a 2.0 version of their game. But IMO it's better to approach it in a way that once a game is done it's done, fix the bugs but don't overhaul it, work on the next game. Use money/resources more wisely.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
they could completely rework the combat

Multi-headed Cow

Add more sex. I heard you could go through the game and only fuck maybe 2-3 times. That's terrible.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Re: The Witcher 2, super enchanced emerald version 2.0 annou

covr said:
Who can guess? CDProjekt is trying to polish their last game,

I thought it already was polish?

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Neeshka said:
I hope they fix the mutagen system, nerf quen spamming to make other builds more optimal, and buff the magic/swords trees.
Also a lot more crafting patterns for weapons armor would be nice.
The magic and sword trees were far more powerful than Alchemy though. Unless they buffed it hard post 1.1 maybe?

covr

Prophet
Patron

octavius said:
covr said:

Yeah...:Joke detected:

Thay were doing the same thing with The Witcher 1, I've heard that Enchanced Edition sold pretty well. So, maybe they just need money? I can imagine CDP realeasing the same game with minor tweaks and addicional quest or two. Fanboys will be delighted, sales will rise, a very little resorce is wasted on game...but it's generally the same product with different package. Market, baby.

Falkner

Thread Decliner
Patron
Wasteland 2

covr said:
octavius said:
covr said:

Yeah...:Joke detected:

Thay were doing the same thing with The Witcher 1, I've heard that Enchanced Edition sold pretty well. So, maybe they just need money? I can imagine CDP realeasing the same game with minor tweaks and addicional quest or two. Fanboys will be delighted, sales will rise, a very little resorce is wasted on game...but it's generally the same product with different package. Market, baby.
They released the Enhanced Edition as a free patch for people who already owned the game.

Gerrard

Arcane
Well, they said that there would be an update that will include the "improvements" made for the Xbox version...

covr

Prophet
Patron

They released the Enhanced Edition as a free patch for people who already owned the game.

Yeah, but EE was also sold as a boxed version in shops. I mean, in Poland :smug:

FatCat

Educated
CrimsonAngel said:
How can they make it better.

I mean it was awesome.

This.I am already as exited as 16 year old who is about to get laid for a first time.

5824abb0e6e0a0494152f61148830c5e.gif

Falkner

Thread Decliner
Patron
Wasteland 2

covr said:

Yeah, but EE was also sold as a boxed version in shops. I mean, in Poland :smug:
Yes. The people who already owned it got the free patch and the people who didn't own it yet could buy the game in the pre-patched version. That's how it should be.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom