Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Editorial The Witcher 2 vs. Dragon Age II

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: CD Projekt; Witcher 2, The

<p>... which one will be better and why? Which one will have the best graffix? The best story? The biggest boobs?</p>
<p>Esteemed RPG expert Stefanie Fogel <a href="http://www.gamezone.com/editorials/item/the_witcher_2_vs_dragon_age_2/" target="_blank">ponders the issue</a> over at GameZone. Yes, <em>two dark, story-driven RPGs are coming to the PC this spring</em>. Hmmm, gritty.</p>
<blockquote>
<p><strong>Gameplay</strong><br /> <br /> Combat in The Witcher relied on timed mouse-click combos, different stances, consumables and a handful of spells. Although it wasn't a bad system, it felt a little bloated and unwieldy, and CD Projekt has completely revamped it for Assassins of Kings. Right now, though, there are no specifics on what the new system will be like. Origins' gameplay, on the other hand, was highly-touted as a "spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate," and was a more strategic, turn-based affair. It appears that the PC version of the sequel won't stray far from the same formula, even though BioWare is promising a more streamlined experience the second time around on consoles, with controls better suited to a gamepad. Both versions of the game will also feature a new dialogue mechanic similiar to Mass Effect. With so little information out there right now about both sequels, and no demos available, it's a toss-up on which will have the better gameplay and comes down to personal preference - do you want turn-based combat or a click-fest?</p>
</blockquote>
<p>Yes, what do you want? Turnbased Dragon Age combat or Twitcher clickfest or both, the choice is yours.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/101112-the-witcher-2-vs-dragon-age-ii.html">Gamebanshee</a></p>

chzr

Scholar
VentilatorOfDoom said:
Origins' gameplay, on the other hand, was highly-touted as a "spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate," and was a more strategic, turn-based affair

more liek turd-based affair amirite? :M

Baron

Arcane
The Witcher 2. For I am gravely afeared that DA2 will bear some passing resemblance to DA1.

torpid

Liturgist
Ez predections: both games will have bad combat. DA2 will have no redeemable features, while Twitcher 2 will have a decent atmosphere. Truth be told, I'm not looking forward to either game.

bhlaab

Erudite
ProsperTheEvolved said:
Who says swamp horror themes are bad?

Tawfret
tawfret[1]It was the last remaining Tribal colony, a world of beauty that may have even surpassed Goldwood. Now however, through a nasty twist of fate and misuse of power it has been transformed into a bog wasteland.

tawfret%5B1%5D.jpg

Also it was named from an anagram of Wet Fart

Angthoron

Arcane
Buying The Witcher 2 on day 1 in a special edition box. Not buying Dragon Age 2 ever.

FatCat

Educated
Who the fuck can even compare this piece of turd DA2 which target audience are bisexual horny and lonely teenagers to The Witcher 2 which was developed for PC master race and ppl above 18 years of age.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Angthoron said:
Buying The Witcher 2 on day 1 in a special edition box. Not buying Dragon Age 2 ever.

This, except the box thing as I'll be buying TW2 off GOG.

Angthoron

Arcane
Lesifoere said:
Angthoron said:

I've been considering that as well, the deal is pretty good.

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
Oh come off the grass you pack of bullshit artists.

You've already got your pre-orders in for both games. You will play and enjoy both - then start a bazillion threads here about how shitty they are.

That's just how the codex rolls. :smug:

Lesifoere

Liturgist
But why would anyone pre-order DA2? I mean if you want to play it might as well torrent.

That's just how the codex rolls. :smug:

RPG addicts need their fix.
The old stuff doesn't give a kick any more so they have to resort to the new low-grade stuff as it still provides a short buzz.

Codexlurker

Savant
FatCat said:
Who the fuck can even compare this piece of turd DA2 which target audience are bisexual horny and lonely teenagers to The Witcher 2 which was developed for PC master race and ppl above 18 years of age.

Lol. Anyway, yea, I prefer Witcher 2.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
If the concept of "Mass Effect with swords" turns you off, go with The Witcher 2. If you want to root for the indie underdog, as opposed to the AAA title, go with The Witcher 2. But if a wider range of character options and a more cinematic experience is important to you, take another trip to Ferelden. Either way, RPG fans will have a lot to be happy about in Spring 2011.
So much :lol: in a single paragraph.

denizsi

Arcane
DA2. Turn-based.

If Bioware games are turn-based, what should the real turn-based games called?

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Lesifoere said:
Angthoron said:

I'm confused. I preordered the boxed "premium edition", which apparently is the "basic" one (comes with making of dvd, soundtrack cd, game guide, map, cursed coin and the papercraft stuff and). The other (supadupa collector's edition pro plus advanced) one has Geralt's head sculpture and stuff and was way too expensive.

Which one guys you got? What does it come with?

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Even with the lack of boob cards (The greatest invention known to MAN right after bacon) i am still going to give this to the witcher2 .

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Jools said:
Lesifoere said:
Angthoron said:

I'm confused. I preordered the boxed "premium edition", which apparently is the "basic" one (comes with making of dvd, soundtrack cd, game guide, map, cursed coin and the papercraft stuff and). The other (supadupa collector's edition pro plus advanced) one has Geralt's head sculpture and stuff and was way too expensive.

Dunno about Angthoron, but the GOG pre-order is the same basic one you're talking about. Barring the physical goods, so it's all in mp3 and pdf.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
chzr said:
VentilatorOfDoom said:
Origins' gameplay, on the other hand, was highly-touted as a "spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate," and was a more strategic, turn-based affair

more liek turd-based affair amirite? :M

YOU ARE RIGHT, MY POWERFUL NEGROID

I APPRECIATE THE DEEP THRUSTING OF YOUR SAGACITY

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Lesifoere said:
Jools said:
Lesifoere said:
Angthoron said:

Dunno about Angthoron, but the GOG pre-order is the same basic one you're talking about. Barring the physical goods, so it's all in mp3 and pdf.

And how much does it cost? Could you link it?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom