Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Editorial The Witcher 2 vs. Dragon Age II

Melcar

Arcane
Sweet potato is rather yucky, to be honest.

I like turn-based combat, but The Witcher is more better CRPG, than Dragon Age. Combat is not most important if you play CRPG. Of course somebody can forget about plot and personality. But I can't, so I wait the Wicher 2.
D:O had typical story and very long, monotonous combat (it is not difficult). If I want turn-based combat I will play Baldur's Gate or Wizardry 8. These endless darkspawn is so boring.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"If I want turn-based combat I will play Baldur's Gate"

'Nough said.

Volourn said:
'Nough said.
I said incorrectly. Turn-based and game with "pause" were together. I do not speak English good and I tried speak laconically.
Also Dragon Age is not turn-based. And question "Yes, what do you want? Turnbased Dragon Age combat or Twitcher clickfest or both, the choice is yours." is not correct.
Dragon Age have same combat, as BG.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Alexandros said:
Why won't people stop calling RTwP turn-based :(

Err.. because RTwP is turn based?

Unless you're talking about those older games that attempted to imitate Bioware's combat system but had to apply a pause after every move as to disguise their shitty combat animations.

Alexandros said:
Why won't people stop calling RTwP turn-based :(

I did’t remember this term in English, that is why I put’em together. I think that they are different systems: turn-based (Fallout 1-2, Wizardry) and RTwP (BG, Planescape). But both systems have right to life. Of course this is true in other systems. The Witcher had got action combat, but this didn't stop it from becoming one of the best CRPGs.

DraQ

Arcane
Turn-based = opponents take turns or at the very least combat is divided into discrete turns. If you have to add "with pause" anywhere, it is not turn-based.

Why is it so fucking hard to understand?

Also, is there anything about Derp Age 2 suggesting it might not suck?

racofer

Thread Incliner
DraQ said:
Also, is there anything about Derp Age 2 suggesting it might not suck?

Bioware has not mentioned fellatio as some sort of special move during sex cutscenes soooooo...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom