Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 GOTY Edition

a cut of domestic sheep prime

ffs, she's just voicing inner doubts and being playful.

again, she chose this path. that's the one constant in both endings.

3:45: "I told him I wish to be a good ruler, a strong ruler"

"I wish to be"

how much more clear do you need it?
people enjoy watching others fuck up
It's more about that people aren't willing to forasake romance options for this.

Frankly, I don't see why Ciri needs to be a non-romance ending only and why she isn't there when Yen or Triss is.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Ok I tried EE mod, started a new game to mess around in White Orchard and learn the new stuff. So far it seems GREAT, it fixes most of the problems I have with the vanilla game. In particular, removing leveling entirely is genius and feels like how the original design should have been. Though I must admit I find it amusing that the fix is basically turning Witcher 3 into Oblivion (ie make everything same level as player)... I guess the key difference is that there are NO levels, you dont get xp and level up, mobs therefore dont level up, its just skill training. Pretty interesting solution to the "open world" problem. But I wonder if it will still have the same endgame problem where you become to overpowered?

Due to this static world level I think I could probably start the DLC right at the start of the game? Instead of starting a high level playthrough. The mod description does specifically say not to use an old save after installing. But then the DLC creatures could be to difficult if I have no skill buffs, potions/oils?

Jinn

Arcane
Instead of starting a high level playthrough.

Interesting. Did he give a reason as to why? I feel like it's more to keep people from getting frustrated rather than any technical issues, considering I've played it for 6 hours or so without issue.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Interesting. Did he give a reason as to why? I feel like it's more to keep people from getting frustrated rather than any technical issues, considering I've played it for 6 hours or so without issue.

Nah, its generally pretty standard with overhaul mods that they say to do clean start, it probably is fine, maybe just some minor issues you wont notice. So you are playing through DLC now? I gotta say with this mod even doing the intro area is enjoyable.

Jinn

Arcane
So you are playing through DLC now?

I've just been going around cleaning up monster contracts and sidequests left over from my OC playthrough. It's been very challenging and quite a blast, honestly. I don't think it's possible to become too overpowered with this mod because of how deadly combat can be without utilizing your own skill as a player. Skill progression makes it noticeably more manageable and gives you some nice tricks to use, but even with my carry-over skill points from my vanilla playthrough I can still very much so get slapped around. Obviously there is a huge emphasis on equipment progression, which is great, because that's really where you start feeling that power coming through.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Wouldn't surprise me at all if we get a Ciri game someday, since they said Geralt was done but The Witcher was not. In that case I'd expect the Ciri witcher ending would be canon, assuming it happens.
I would actually much prefer a new Witcher game where Ciri is the Empress, some shit happens and Geralt (playable) with Yennefer go to Nilfgaard to help her. Shitload of politics, backstabbing and some monster/human killing + exploration of Nilfgaard. That would be my jam.

Falksi

Arcane
Just give me the tight-knit, grounded high fantasy of TW2 or Blood & Wine, as opposed to the bloated, mundane trudge of doing the day-job in TW3.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Wouldn't surprise me at all if we get a Ciri game someday, since they said Geralt was done but The Witcher was not. In that case I'd expect the Ciri witcher ending would be canon, assuming it happens.
I would actually much prefer a new Witcher game where Ciri is the Empress, some shit happens and Geralt (playable) with Yennefer go to Nilfgaard to help her. Shitload of politics, backstabbing and some monster/human killing + exploration of Nilfgaard. That would be my jam.

Let Geralt have some deserved rest I say. I for one would love CDPR to go back to the conjuction time, showing what happened and how witchers began.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron

How good or bad that would be is rather irrelevant though, since they directly said Geralt is done and TW3 very much reinforces that.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Even better. Her being the Emperor's daughter was a closely guarded secret. In fact he married her double, to get a better claim on the conquered lands that were legally hers.
again, doesn't matter if she's sitting on the throne as a puppet. she can claim her own lands.

You seem to have trouble grasping my point. Allow me to rephrase.

1. Nobody really knows that Ciri is Emhyr's daughter.
2. When Geralt hid Ciri from the world, a double was set up to inherit her lands.
3. Emhyr officialy recognised that double as the real Ciri even though he knew very well this was not her.
4. Emhyr married that official 'Ciri', first out of political convenience, then geniuine affection developed.

unrelated, but
5. Emhyr wanted to have a child with the real Ciri (yes, with his own daughter), due to misunderstanding a prophecy about the result of this union being capable of saving the world.

You seem to have trouble grasping my point. Allow me to rephrase.

1. Nobody really knows that Ciri is Emhyr's daughter.
2. When Geralt hid Ciri from the world, a double was set up to inherit her lands.
3. Emhyr officialy recognised that double as the real Ciri even though he knew very well this was not her.
4. Emhyr married that official 'Ciri', first out of political convenience, then geniuine affection developed.
Is she still alive? Just curious.

Regardless, even if she still lives, Emhyr's political situation necessitates abdication, therefore he needs an heir, not a queen, concubine, whatever.

Admitting that the other Ciri was fake and recognizing Ciri is a) his daughter, b) alive and c) his heir is probably about as easy as setting up the fake and marrying her in the first place. Maybe even more so.

5. Emhyr wanted to have a child with the real Ciri (yes, with his own daughter), due to misunderstanding a prophecy about the result of this union being capable of saving the world.
wow. that's pretty messed up.

though I guess I wanted to screw Ciri the whole time too, even though Geralt views her as his daughter in spirit - and that's just because she's hot and not to save the world or anything.

so who am I to judge? :M

Last edited by a moderator:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Yes because nobody has ever changed their mind about anything ever amirite

I mean, of course anything is possible. If they did think he was essential to the franchise's success and decided to flog him again though, I'd guess it would be a prequel or remake, not something that takes place after TW3.

prequels are almost universally flawed, especially in games. why care about anything when you know how it will turn out?

Has anyone tried Andrzej Kwiatkowski's FCR3 mod? Dev mods such as Sawyer's for F:NV or Gaider's for ToB tend to be quite good, so I'm curious to hear your thoughts.
Much like the jsawyer mod it's an essential refinement of the game. It doesn't cover as many things as FCR2 did (now it's mostly character skill changes) but it's highly compatible with other mods if you want to make further changes.

Last edited:

Paul_cz

Arcane
I mean, of course anything is possible. If they did think he was essential to the franchise's success and decided to flog him again though, I'd guess it would be a prequel or remake, not something that takes place after TW3.
Definitely not a remake, they will not want to waste time on that, particularly after the failed aborted console Witcher 1 remake. Prequel maybe, but that territory will be handled by the show (and is by the books).
Now I do not particularly think it is super likely they will make a sequel with Geralt again given how beautiful and definitive the Blood and Wine ending is. But it would be nice, because of all the game protagonists I have ever played, I like Geralt with his lame ass humor the most. And that Nilfgaard idea is just tantalizing to me.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Definitely not a remake, they will not want to waste time on that, particularly after the failed aborted console Witcher 1 remake. Prequel maybe, but that territory will be handled by the show (and is by the books).
Now I do not particularly think it is super likely they will make a sequel with Geralt again given how beautiful and definitive the Blood and Wine ending is. But it would be nice, because of all the game protagonists I have ever played, I like Geralt with his lame ass humor the most. And that Nilfgaard idea is just tantalizing to me.

The more it's flogged though, the less special it is.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Do you consider one game per 4 years, or now thanks to cyberpunk, 8 years, to be flogging? We are not talking about Ubisoft here.

Even Ubisoft doesn't repeat the same characters over and over. I'm not taking about them not making another game in that world or whatever, I'm saying a 4th Geralt game would weaken and overdo the stuff you like about him. I mean, you're talking to someone who thinks Star Wars should have stopped at three movies and shit like that, so it is what it is. I know most disagree, which is why Star Wars 12 or whatever is like "we're bringing the emperor back form the dead!!!!" and fanboys are cumming all over their monitors. I've just never felt that way, I like endings and less is more. TW3 ended very well, especially with the DLC, and bringing him back would just weaken it. Make new shit.

Quillon

Arcane
I've had enough of Geralt, and fuck a game with Ciri as protag also, I'm already getting mad people sexualizing her, Geralt's/our daughter :P

Gimme a game whether prequel or sequel with a custom character, doesn't even have to be a witcher, it's universe is rich. I want to play a character like Cahir from the books.

But since they said a smaller game is in the works, I'm expecting a cash grab Ciri game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom